Destee's Thoughts destee.com - 15 Years Old!

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... It is truly a blessing Sister Destee, to have been this successful over fifteen years with an Internet tenure for black people; we love our Home, very much... Thank You!

Peace In,

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... An example by comparison, of the accomplishment of Destee.com to stay alive under original ownership... the Test of Time.

Where Are They Today?
AOL.com- Still operates.
Webcrawler.com- Acquired by InfoSpace, a company of search products.
Netscape.com- Acquired by AOL.
Yahoo.com- Still operates
Infoseek.com- Acquired by Disney to form Go.com and replaced completely by Yahoo.
Prodigy.com- After switching several hands, disappeared completely in the US and operates only in Mexico.
Compuserve.com- Subsidiary of AOL.
UMich.edu- Still operates.
Primenet.com- Still operates (pretty poorly).
Well.com- Acquired by Salon.com.

Top Websites 15 Years Ago and Where Are They Today

One of the biggest tests for internet companies is the test of time. There were many internet companies in the past, that dominated the web and at that time it seemed that they will stay there forever, but eventually only a few survived…
I have found a great post that shows who were the most popular websites 15 years ago, so i want to compare those websites to our times most popular sites- Which ones survived and what happened to the ones that didn’t.
http://www.workinghomeguide.com/7042/top-websites-15-years-ago-and-where-are-they-today

Peace In,

Orisons

Jan 14, 2005
London in the United Kingdom
Occupation
Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
Thank You Kemetstry ... :love:

It's happy birthday to USSSSS !!!

It's the community that is 15 years old ... not me ... :wink:

Love You ... Thank You ... :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

:heart:

Destee
Congratulations and THANK YOU to YOU and all of your staff for keeping this website going for that long as opposed to simply SELLING OUT!

Destee.com is easily the best Message Board out there [your only competition would have come from the original format of Blackvoices before it was sold to AOHELL who consistently systematically downgraded the site’s functionality/then suddenly executed it a couple of years back]!

Isn't ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
very warm congrats to you beautiful Queen.

Perfection ... :love: ... you're such a blessing ... such evidence of great things ... :love:

Thank you for being here with us ... lending your Spirit and energy to this effort ... :grouphug:

Happy Birthday To USSSSSS !!! ... :birthday:

Destee

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Yes, Destee:birthday: Best worldwide (not just US) black community ever. Happy birthday. :birthday:
:birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday:

Brother SlickBeast ... again ... evidence of great blessings ... YOU ... :love: ... YAAAAAAY USSSSSSSSS!!! ... :toast:

Your post reminds me of our FIRST INTERNATIONAL PREMIUM MEMBER ... that happened years and years ago ... i was soooo surprised and moved by Sister LibertyLady's great show of support, kindness, consideration, determination ... it took more for her to be able to financially help ... from Holland ... but she never gave up ... :love: ... Yessssss ... WORLD WIDE ... :grouphug:

Thank you for being here with us ... lending your Spirit and energy to this effort ... :grouphug:

Happy Birthday To USSSSSS !!! ... :birthday:

Destee

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Congratulations again (in case you didn't see my shout).

Thank You Sooo Much Sister !!!! ... :toast: :toast: :toast:

CONGRATULATIONS TO USSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!! ... :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

I'm glad you're here ... you're a part of it now ... you're guilty as charged ... with us ... :love:

Thank you so much for lending your great self to this effort ... :grouphug:

Happy Birthday To USSSSSSSSSS !!! ... :birthday:

Destee

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Great video, sis! Congratulations on the longevity. It's amazing. :birthday:

Sister Queenie ... OH MY GOSH ... isn't it amazing !!! ... :eeek: :eeek: :eeek:

That's why i be all amazed in da video ... talk'n 'bout how amazed i am ... 'cause only God knows how we survived ... :lol: ... :love:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY USSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!! ... :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

We problee need to do some CSI investigate'n to see if we can see how ... but for now ... i'm just happy with the fact that it is ... we'll go back and look at how ... later ... :lol: ... :love:

OH MY GOSH ... I LOVE YOUUUU ... THANK YOU ... FOR EVERY SINGLE THING ... :grouphug:

Happy Birthday To USSSSSSSSSSS !!! ... :birthday:

Destee

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
You looking good in this video destee

awwwww ... :blush: ... Thank You Brother AACOOLDRE ... :love:

you better be glad they got laws that keep me from robb'n cradles and stuff ... 'cause you'd be stalked ... :love:

You're a Sweet Heart ... we've been together a long time ... thank you so much for everything.

Young Brothers like you make our future look bright ... :grouphug:

Happy Birthday To USSSSSSSSS !!! ... :birthday:

Destee

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.
It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍
1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.