Black People : Deployed Again: Destination Puerto Rico

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

...Instead, FEMA has said that going forward, it will cover 90 percent of those costs, while Puerto Rico's government will be responsible for the remaining 10 percent. FEMA estimates that share could cost the island's government about $100 million.

Houses affected by Hurricane Maria, some covered in tarps and missing roofs, seen in June in San Juan, Puerto Rico's El Gandul neighborhood.
Carlos Giusti/AP

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

bientempo

Oct 11, 2009
Dominican Republic
Wonder is this low unemployment rate of 9.1% could have anything to do with a 5th of their population leaving the island after Maria, most not moving back.
https://www.citylab.com/environment/2018/05/watch-puerto-ricos-hurricane-migration-via-mobile-phone-data/559889/

And this does not even show other countries that they migrated to. DR received a few to go along with the Venezuelans.

Plus I wonder where/how the PR government is going to come up with the 100 million for their share. As the country is BROKE.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Wonder is this low unemployment rate of 9.1% could have anything to do with a 5th of their population leaving the island after Maria, most not moving back.
https://www.citylab.com/environment/2018/05/watch-puerto-ricos-hurricane-migration-via-mobile-phone-data/559889/

And this does not even show other countries that they migrated to. DR received a few to go along with the Venezuelans.

Plus I wonder where/how the PR government is going to come up with the 100 million for their share. As the country is BROKE.

Absolutely...

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.
It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍