PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
All I can do is :facepalm:

FEMA Says It Was Significantly Unprepared When Hurricane Maria Hit Puerto Rico

Laignee Barron

Time

The Federal Emergency Management Agency has said it did not have a “phasing” plan in place for getting resources to Puerto Rico when Hurricane Maria devastated the island last September...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fema-says-significantly-unprepared-hurricane-064026339.html

When Hurricane Maria hit, more than 80% of Puerto Rico's supply warehouse was already depleted

bientempo

Oct 11, 2009
Dominican Republic
This is a problem all over the Caribbean not just Puerto Rico. Many times they built the house on open land, no title, no permit etc. And Puerto Rico its self is to blame. We have the same problem here in the Dominican Republic. And its also the fault of our government. You have the rules/laws but they are neither enforced or followed.

Quote from the link posted above "but that's an issue in Puerto Rico, where houses are passed down, some are built without legal permits, and many don't have a title or deed."

bientempo

Oct 11, 2009
Dominican Republic
Symbol you have to understand that I am not saying anything for or against FEMA, they would be no help to us anyway. I was just commenting on the situation with property titles. I know of entire barrios that would be in that situation. Would doubt if anyone living there has a clear title to where they are living just like the folks in Puerto Rico.

an example of bulldozing beach shacks without proper permits, and they were within 60m of the high water mark.

Santo Domingo.- Tourism Ministry inspectors helped by agents assigned to the Puerto Plata Office of the Prosecutor demolished 11 shacks housing cafeterias operating next to La Ensenada beach, in Punta Rusia.

Local media report that the businesses didn’t have the required permits.

At first the vendors tried to confront the agents and protested to prevent the destruction of their properties, but security was quickly restored.

In a statement, the Air Force Base at Puerto Plata said it coordinated the deployment of troops to avert confrontations, with the operation that lasted around three hours, in which the National Police, the Army and the Tourism Police also participated.

bientempo

Oct 11, 2009
Dominican Republic
Symbol as far as I know that is the only railroad system in the country. used to be more under Trujillo an all connected to the sugar cane industry, but all gone now. this is not counting the Metro in the Capital. It's only been in existence since around August of 2009 for the first line, second line was opened about 4 years later, it has now been extended along with a sky tram added that just opened. so no one can have more than 12 years seniority.
some places you can still see the roadbeds but thats all

http://www.sinfin.net/railways/world/domrep.html
https://www.colonialzone-dr.com/transportation3.html

bientempo

Oct 11, 2009
Dominican Republic
Symbol as far as I know that is the only railroad system in the country. used to be more under Trujillo an all connected to the sugar cane industry, but all gone now. this is not counting the Metro in the Capital. It's only been in existence since around August of 2009 for the first line, second line was opened about 4 years later, it has now been extended along with a sky tram added that just opened. so no one can have more than 12 years seniority.
some places you can still see the roadbeds but thats all

http://www.sinfin.net/railways/world/domrep.html
https://www.colonialzone-dr.com/transportation3.html

And thanks for the comment on my posts.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Turmoil Slows Rebuilding of Puerto Rico's Power Grid
Ten months after Hurricane Maria destroyed Puerto Rico's electric grid, the agency responsible for rebuilding it is in chaos and more than $1 billion in federal funds meant to strengthen the system before the next hurricane is going unspent

BY MICHAEL WEISSENSTEIN and DANICA COTO, Associated Press

...The Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority has seen two chief executive officers and four board members resign in less than a week in a messy fight over how much the bankrupt agency should pay its CEO. The agency's fourth CEO since the hurricane lasted less than 24 hours on the job last week before resigning amid public outrage over his $750,000 salary.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2018-07-19/turmoil-slows-rebuilding-of-puerto-ricos-power-grid

FILE - In this Sept. 20, 2017 file photo, electricity poles and lines lie toppled on the road after Hurricane Maria hit the eastern region of the island, in Humacao, Puerto Rico. Ten months after Hurricane Maria destroyed Puerto Rico’s electric grid, the local agency responsible for rebuilding it is in chaos and more than $1 billion in federal funds meant to strengthen the rickety grid is going unspent, according to contractors and U.S. officials who say they’re eager to make progress before the next hurricane. (AP Photo/Carlos Giusti, File) THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

(Bloomberg) — Workers from Puerto Rico’s beleaguered forensic sciences department moved two corpses from stop-gap refrigerator trailers in the early hours of Tuesday, after there were complaints about a foul odor and before federal inspectors arrived...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nearly-one-hurricane-maria-puerto-164420221.html
Nearly One Year After Hurricane Maria, Puerto Rican Morgues are Still in a Crisis

Yalixa Rivera and Jonathan Levin / Bloomberg
Time

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.
It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍
1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.
I want my people to be aware of this dilemma regarding the upcoming election... I know politics. Yes Trump is admitting the truth about Black People building this so called country corporation (The United States). But you must understand that what they're planning on doing is to divide and conquer. This is all just for him to get re-elected. He's going to promise reparations and reneg at the last minute.
Ifypedro334 wrote on Jasica Adam's profile.
The best gift to give a baby boy is ??