Computers - Software Hardware : Dell Computers - Rock Bottom

BlackSunlight

Oct 1, 2009
I remember a time when DELL was considered the "Rolls Royce Of Computers". When I got my first computer back in '96 (which, BTW, wasn't a DELL) I didn't know anything about them. Then, a couple of months after I got my first PC, I heard about this company called DELL that suppose to be the best. The reason I found out about them late is because they never did any TV-advertisements back then (or, at least, I never seen any). Their ads would primarily be in computer-magazines and such. When I learned of that it was impressive to me. What I found even more impressive was their reputation on how well they backed-up their products. DELL had the rep back in the day that if a customer (who is still under warranty) ever needed a repair, all they would have to do is call DELL-support and by the time they're about to hang the phone up the repair-technician would be knocking on the door. Yep, they had it going on like that.

So, many years later ('04 to be exact), I was finally able to afford a high-power XPS that I still have to this day (in fact, it's what I'm using now). And, back then, it and DELL more than measure up to all the hype. However, in the last few years, since the company got its India thing going, my experience with DELL has been atrocious. Believe me, I can run-down a list. So it didn't really surprise me these testimonial-complaints about their service...

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...ll-computer-lawsuit-/16952110001/40916107001/

I even ran across this…

http://www.ihatedell.net/forum/phpBB3/index.php

that’s right, an actual forum dedicated to the putting-down of DELL… d*mn. :lol:

How it looks to me is that it was Americans who made DELL what it is the Michael Dell turned around and gave everybody his *** to kiss. They have fell-off big time.

Anyway, I'm one of those who are cutting-off DELL also. Over the 16 years since I bought my first PC I developed enough savvy to build my own and that's what I'm gonna do this summer.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
I remember a time when DELL was considered the "Rolls Royce Of Computers". When I got my first computer back in '96 (which, BTW, wasn't a DELL) I didn't know anything about them. Then, a couple of months after I got my first PC, I heard about this company called DELL that suppose to be the best. The reason I found out about them late is because they never did any TV-advertisements back then (or, at least, I never seen any). Their ads would primarily be in computer-magazines and such. When I learned of that it was impressive to me. What I found even more impressive was their reputation on how well they backed-up their products. DELL had the rep back in the day that if a customer (who is still under warranty) ever needed a repair, all they would have to do is call DELL-support and by the time they're about to hang the phone up the repair-technician would be knocking on the door. Yep, they had it going on like that.

So, many years later ('04 to be exact), I was finally able to afford a high-power XPS that I still have to this day (in fact, it's what I'm using now). And, back then, it and DELL more than measure up to all the hype. However, in the last few years, since the company got its India thing going, my experience with DELL has been atrocious. Believe me, I can run-down a list. So it didn't really surprise me these testimonial-complaints about their service...

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...ll-computer-lawsuit-/16952110001/40916107001/

I even ran across this…

http://www.ihatedell.net/forum/phpBB3/index.php

that’s right, an actual forum dedicated to the putting-down of DELL… d*mn. :lol:

How it looks to me is that it was Americans who made DELL what it is the Michael Dell turned around and gave everybody his *** to kiss. They have fell-off big time.

Anyway, I'm one of those who are cutting-off DELL also. Over the 16 years since I bought my first PC I developed enough savvy to build my own and that's what I'm gonna do this summer.

I have run computer labs in classrooms using Dell computers and they were the first ones to crash. It may have more to do with using older Windows operating systems and incompatible software.

Gorilla

Jan 31, 2009
Lenovo is a pretty good pick.

I think the main appeal with consumers about Dell is the level of support they think they're getting or that they can buy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Keita Kenyatta Black People : DELL JONES NOW PLAYING IN CHAT Black People Open Forum 0
IFE Science and Technology : All computers are flawed -- and the fix will take years Science and Technology 0
Destee Science and Technology : Meltdown and Spectre - Bugs in modern computers leak passwords and sensitive data. Science and Technology 8
Clyde C Coger Jr Computers - Software Hardware : People Shocked At The Real Reason Behind Slow Computers… Science and Technology 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People : NSA carves pathway into international computers: Black People Open Forum 0
river Black People : Computers, Information Overload and Multitaking: A Dangerous Mix Black People Open Forum 0
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : Cory Doctorow - Computers as potentially your greatest ally and your worst traitor Science and Technology 8
Keita Kenyatta Black Jokes Humor : Five Reasons Computers Are Female Black Jokes Humor 5
Destee Science and Technology : FBI says at least one million computers infected by 'botnets' Science and Technology 3
Destee Black People : Coming soon - mind-reading computers Black People Open Forum 3
jamesfrmphilly Science and Technology : Why are computers like air conditioners? Science and Technology 2
C Black Jokes Humor : Before There Were Computers.... Black Jokes Humor 6
G Science and Technology : Technology, Computers Science and Technology 6
R Black Poetry : HE SAID: this entire block require ham hocks, wow in shock eating collard greens don't rock the boat just dream a lot dim a nation with the st Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
IFE Black Women : Black Girl Magic and Black Girl Rock - MeToo Founder Tarana Burk Black Women 3
IFE Black Women : Black Girls Rock Black Women 27
OldSoul Black People : Trevor Noah - Strike a rock Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Volcanic Rock Discovery Calls Theories About Life's Origins Into Question Science and Technology 0
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Rock & Roll Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Rock It Don't Stop It Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Egypt : Ancient Rock Carvings Depicting Masked People Discovered in Egypt Egypt 0
IFE African American History Culture : Chuck Berry, a Founding Father of Rock 'n' Roll, Dies at 90 African American History Culture 1
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : little-rock-politician-arrested-for-recording-police-traffic-stop Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
frankster Law Forum : Obama "DROP THE ROCK" Mass Clemency Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
anAfrican Black Women : Rock On, myQueen! Thank You, Beverly Bond! Black Women 1
$$RICH$$ Black Entertainment : Black Girls Rock! 2015 Black Entertainment 2
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : Favorite Rock Jams Black Entertainment 124
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : CHRIS ROCK FILES FOR DIVORCE Black Entertainment 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : chris rock on SNL Black Entertainment 2
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : rock the vote Black People Politics 4
CosmicMessenger Violaters / Violations : Unlike Chris Rock, I LOVE n*****s! Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 4
R Black People : rock the bells 2013 live press coverage video Black People Open Forum 0
PurpleMoons Audio Video Web Conferencing : Mikey J and The UK Female Allstars - Rock The Mic (Music Video) | SoulCulture.co.uk Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Audio Video Web Conferencing : Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock - It Takes 2 Audio Video Web Conferencing 3
cherryblossom Black Ancestors : 1st Black Lawyer of the U.S. Supreme Court: John S. Rock Honoring Black Ancestors 0
info-moetry Audio Video Web Conferencing : Run Dmc ft. Pete rock & C.L. Smooth - Down with the King Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : Pete Rock and CL Smooth - They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y.) (Video) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : Chris Rock under fire for ‘white people’s day’ July 4th tweet Black Entertainment 21
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Rock That Man In The Boat Black People Open Forum 1
info-moetry Audio Video Web Conferencing : Grandmaster Flash feat. Sha Rock - Audio Video Web Conferencing 8
info-moetry Audio Video Web Conferencing : Krs one & Scott La Rock Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
anAfrican Black People : seriously! Black Girls Rock! Black People Open Forum 3
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : My personal friend J Charles singing at Hard Rock Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : PRIDE ROCK Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
cherryblossom Black Positive People : Black Girls ROCK! Black People Doing Positive Things 2
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Rob Base DJ E Z Rock It Takes Two Official Music Video 1988 Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Afrika Bambaataa - Planet Rock Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Freddie Jackson - Rock Me Tonight Audio Video Web Conferencing 4
RAPTOR Black People : Little Rock desegregation plans go back to court Black People Open Forum 1
Indigo Blues Audio Video Web Conferencing : Planet Rock Soul Sonic Force Audio Video Web Conferencing 2