Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Dear Khloe: Cultural Appropriation of Black Hairstyles Does Matter ... Here's Why

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
It's always nice to see my black fam together, and still on the case....:cool:

Much luv and respect as always to you brutha Clyde!!!!!!:10200:

Peace!

Likewise Bro. Enki, the feeling is mutual ... :climb: We be trying.

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
This thank you is hard, awkward and ambivalent, but thanks for the info, NNQueen.
I certainly understand the hesitance and dilemma. . .

On the topic of race, this country is heating up and about to boil over and who knows how the situation will turn out. And I don't believe what has started will end with the presidential election in November regardless of which candidate gets elected.

Black people are fed up with the current system and have a lot on their minds that they want to speak out about and apparently some white people do too.

There's evidence of dysfunctional behavior on both sides when it comes to who is copying who--white women wearing braids and bantu knots and Black women wearing weaves cut from Indian, Russian, Peruvian, Chinese and Brazilian women's heads. But the psychology of it is different between the two groups of women though--at least I believe it is.

AA people have been brainwashed and subjected to false information about being worth much and whose lot in life is meant to be slaves and the meek/weak. As a result came self-hate and low self-esteem. White people are confused as well because they have been lied to by their own people. They would be shocked to learn that their history is rooted from the beginning of human civilization in killing, copying and stealing from other people's culture and claiming it as their own.

Black people are the original people who created the foundation of world culture and obviously have that capacity to this day as evidenced by cultural appropriation by others, not just white people. The unfortunate situation that AAs are in is a result of forced separation from their homeland and native cultures and subjection to a long history of oppression due to white supremacy that resulted in self-hate and a belief that we were meant to be slaves because we are weak. Even the white man's religion is stolen and is used to keep Black people in line.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I certainly understand the hesitance and dilemma. . .

On the topic of race, this country is heating up and about to boil over and who knows how the situation will turn out. And I don't believe what has started will end with the presidential election in November regardless of which candidate gets elected.

Black people are fed up with the current system and have a lot on their minds that they want to speak out about and apparently some white people do too.

There's evidence of dysfunctional behavior on both sides when it comes to who is copying who--white women wearing braids and bantu knots and Black women wearing weaves cut from Indian, Russian, Peruvian, Chinese and Brazilian women's heads. But the psychology of it is different between the two groups of women though--at least I believe it is.

AA people have been brainwashed and subjected to false information about being worth much and whose lot in life is meant to be slaves and the meek/weak. As a result came self-hate and low self-esteem. White people are confused as well because they have been lied to by their own people. They would be shocked to learn that their history is rooted from the beginning of human civilization in killing, copying and stealing from other people's culture and claiming it as their own.

Black people are the original people who created the foundation of world culture and obviously have that capacity to this day as evidenced by cultural appropriation by others, not just white people. The unfortunate situation that AAs are in is a result of forced separation from their homeland and native cultures and subjection to a long history of oppression due to white supremacy that resulted in self-hate and a belief that we were meant to be slaves because we are weak. Even the white man's religion is stolen and is used to keep Black people in line.

Precisely, couldn't agree with you more, you hit the nail on the head. All I can offer is the writ we prepared over 4 years ago. We researched and pursued the work for such a time as this.

Maybe, one day, folk will take a look at BAMN and realized how comprehensive it is and what all it explains (along with solutions) about these turbulent racial times we live in, better known as the belly of the beast.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.
It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍
1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.
I want my people to be aware of this dilemma regarding the upcoming election... I know politics. Yes Trump is admitting the truth about Black People building this so called country corporation (The United States). But you must understand that what they're planning on doing is to divide and conquer. This is all just for him to get re-elected. He's going to promise reparations and reneg at the last minute.
Ifypedro334 wrote on Jasica Adam's profile.
The best gift to give a baby boy is ??