Black Positive People : David McGhee: Big Brothers/Big Sisters

cherryblossom

Feb 28, 2009
McGhee's Manifesto

....He currently serves as the Program Director for the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Flint 100 Men 100 Boys Program, where he works with male mentors to mentor 100 unmatched boys, annually. This role has also allowed him to facilitate the production of the agency’s first-ever hardcover Children’s Book, 100 Men 100 Boys – A Mentoring Program, which focuses on the positive impact mentoring has in the lives boys.

David is a change agent. In recent years, the City of Flint, Salem Housing Community Development Corporation, Vernon Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., and Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., have recognized him for his leadership. David was also honored by the Mayor of Flint, in 2011, with “David McGhee Day” for his unwavering dedication to improving the lives of others.....
....complete here: http://davidmcghee.org/about/

cherryblossom

Feb 28, 2009

Flint son David R. McGhee and Terrence J, of BET 106 & Park fame, pose with hardware received at the 2012 BE NEXT Awards in Los Angeles, Calif. McGhee was honored for his community service, for his work as Program Coordinator for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Flint, public speaking, and strategic planning with Open Society Institute.

Flint's David McGhee and Terrence J, of BET's 106 & Park, accept honors in Los Angeles

Published: Thursday, July 05, 2012, 4:00 PM Updated: Thursday, July 05, 2012, 8:06 PM

David R. McGhee was in Los Angeles during the BET Awards last weekend, but gazing at celebrities wasn't high on his priority list.
The Flint native was honored that weekend in the 2012 BE NEXT Awards, an event by a collective of entertainers, industry executives and entrepreneurs. He joined Terrence J, host of BET's flagship show "106 & Park" and actor of the film "Think Like A Man;" Vic Hill, president of "100 Young Black Men;" and Devon Franklin, Vice President of Production at Sony/Columbia Pictures.
The event was sponsored by Black Enterprise magazine, Crown Royal Black, and 100 Urban Entrepreneurs.
....The organization honored McGhee for his community service, for his work as Program Director for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Flint, public speaking, and strategic planning with Open Society Institute.
..."The glitz and glamour was cool, but I understood the overarching purpose of improving life for young black males," said McGhee, 29. "I didn't want to lose focus of why I was there in the first place."

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/flint/index.ssf/2012/07/flints_david_mcghee_and_terren.html

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Is the coronavirus in Bible prophecy? Pastor David Jeremiah answers Christian Study Group 14
Clyde C Coger Jr Phones and Apps : Michael Moore, David Hogg Rip Trump’s ‘Presidential Alert': ‘RESIST!’ Science and Technology 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Niger : Why US troops are in Niger: RIP - La David T. Johnson Niger 36
Liberty Black Education / Schools : Protests Erupt During Senate Debate Featuring David Duke Black Education / Schools 1
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : cleveland-cavaliers-fire-coach-david-blatt Black Sports 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Scott Walker Fumbles On America's Race Issue - Meet Sheriff David Clarke Black People Politics 6
chuck Black People : Young Black NBA Star David West Pays For Dr. Ben's Furneral Black People Open Forum 2
RAPTOR The Police : Police Violence in the Caribbean w Khafra Kambon and Dr. David Hines Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : David Ruffin - One Last Kiss Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : David Ruffin - If Loving You Is Wrong (I Don't Want To Be Right) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
S Black Sports : David Stern sends the entire Eastern Conference down to the D-league. Black Sports 0
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : David Ruffin - Statue of a Fool Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Kemetstry Black Spirituality Religion : David's Palace Found? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
RAPTOR Black People Politics : "The Other IRS Scandal": David Cay Johnston on Dark Money Political Groups Seeking Tax Exemption Black People Politics 0
S Audio Video Web Conferencing : David Ruffin(I Wish It Would Rain)-acapella Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
S Audio Video Web Conferencing : Craig David - Human Nature [Acoustic Cover] Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
S Audio Video Web Conferencing : Craig David Heard It Through The Grapevine Acoustic Live Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
S Audio Video Web Conferencing : Craig David - Fill me in (session acoustique) Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
RAPTOR Black People : Free Lunch: Corporate Welfare - Bill Moyers Interview w/ David Johnston Black People Open Forum 0
Destee Black People Politics : CIA Director David Petraeus affair sex scandal widens to include General John Allen and more Black People Politics 11
A Audio Video Web Conferencing : Anthony David Sweet Pain Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
Shikamaru [Book] Debt, the first 5,000 years by David Graeber Black Money Business Jobs 0
S Science and Technology : David Hedgley, The Father Of 3D Graphics Science and Technology 7
Keita Kenyatta Egypt : Egyptian caverns in The Grand Canyon - David Hatcher Childress Pt 1/12 Egypt 7
cherryblossom Black Positive People : David Boone: From Homeless to Harvard Black People Doing Positive Things 5
David Scruggs The Front Porch : Hello my name is David Scruggs The Front Porch 17
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : Introduction to Computing: Explorations in Language, Logic, and Machines by David Evans (Free) Science and Technology 0
OldSoul Audio Video Web Conferencing : Body Language - Anthony David (Grown Folks Music) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
OldSoul Audio Video Web Conferencing : Nabil Abdul Rashid Responds to David Starkey "Whites Have become Black" Audio Video Web Conferencing 4
MsInterpret Black Entertainment : Anthony David Black Entertainment 1
Amnat77 Black People : David Cameron: Britain caused many of the world's problems Black People Open Forum 1
Chevron Dove Black Christians : King David~The Red Brother & The Philistines Christian Study Group 2
cherryblossom Black Entertainment : Jimmy Ruffin/David Ruffin Black Entertainment 6
A Black Sports : David Vs Goliath Fight Today!!! Black Sports 5
brown_h0rnet Black People : David Stern Admonishes Lebron for sportsmanship Black People Open Forum 20
KWABENA Black People : New York Governor David Paterson Proposes Tax on Drinks, Music Downloads Black People Open Forum 0
ru2religious Black Spirituality Religion : 2012 - David Wilcock's interpretation video!!! Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
S Black Spirituality Religion : NY Gov. David Paterson- Occultist? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 16
tyab14 Black People : David Icke A Government Agent? Black People Open Forum 25
river Black People : Sean Bell Was Killed in David Patterson's NY Black People Open Forum 8
T Black People : The truth from david icke Black People Open Forum 0
river Black Positive People : David Paterson: The Nation's First Blind Governor Black People Doing Positive Things 1
G South Africa : Meatsaience & Others- DAVID ICKE & Zulu Shaman / South African Elder CREDO MUTWA South Africa 0
G South Africa : DAVID ICKE & Zulu Shaman/South African Elder CREDO MUTWA together on News 4 the Soul South Africa 0
abdurratln Pan Africanism : We Salute our Honorable Comrade David Brothers African American History Culture 3
D Black Sports : 200 millions too much for David beckham???? Black Sports 1
V Black People : one of the members of "seas of david" (so call terrorist) interview Black People Open Forum 1
Isaiah DAVID RUFFIN & EDDIE KENDRICKS(MY GIRL) Honoring Black Ancestors 3
I Black Spirituality Religion : Does Our Symbol Represent The Magen David ( The So-Called Jewish Star ) Part 1 Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
P Black Spirituality Religion : The Root of David Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 21