African American History Culture : Cultural banditry with the mask of upliftment?

Blaklioness

Oct 30, 2005
You know....I appreciate your research. I will question, in this case and many others, the parameters of the term 'banditry' when people who are supposed to keep it OUT of enemy hands are steadily handing it over to them. smh....

I-khan

Dec 27, 2005
Blaklioness said:
You know....I appreciate your research. I will question, in this case and many others, the parameters of the term 'banditry' when people who are supposed to keep it OUT of enemy hands are steadily handing it over to them. smh....
It becomes banditry when they are recieving it and using it for something other than its original purpose which was indicated or told to the giver.
From what I was told about this guy by a few people who are familiar with that site and its owner Phillip Neimark, A jew that went to an Afrikan priest to help build his wealth decades ago. he is the original owner and founder of Money Magazine from and serectly used the help of these Ifa Priests from the Epega clan to build his rep as a money consultant. Once he got initiated he began initiating every jew in sight. He also now initiates confused black people.Most of what he says and writes is an abomination - but the good sign is that he seems less affleunt. He used to have a site that was nicer that a corporate hook up, it may be that he is running out money as a result of misusing the traditions.It is typical to me that any outsider or enemy to our people would want their share in what we have built for ourselves.Didn't spiritual path later to be known as Christianity get started with us and later shared with outsiders,centuries later those same outsiders made a new interpretation of what it was and used it to justify the Trans-Atlantic slave trade.Islam is no different,East Africa had a short partnership with the Arabs in which they shared their spiritual system with them,the Arabs had a different interpretation and used that interpretation to justify the Sub-Saharan trade.You must learn from the past,it seems to me and many others that I know that this man Phillip Neimark is just exploiting the Yorubas spirituality.

Blaklioness

Oct 30, 2005
Ok.....I was under the impression that banditry meant a form of theft.....in this case identity theft----taking a cultural practice or form that originated elsewhere and putting a new face on it without due credit. Del Jones talks quite a bit about it. It's how a lot of music genres, for example, became "white" although they originated within African communities. At any rate, there'd be nothing to misinterpret or misuse of Black people weren't divulging the information from the start....that's all I'm saying...Peace.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ndugu Nation of Gods and Earths : The Nation of Gods and Earths was a Cultural Revolution , that benefited all Black people regardless of Religion Nation of Gods and Earths Study Group 4
Ndugu Black Ancestors : A Strong Congressman; Cummings suffered from a Broken Heart, seeing what a Cultural Virus , did to our people! Honoring Black Ancestors 1
Ndugu Black People : Our History proves ; Cultural Revolutions , cure Cultural Viruses! Black People Open Forum 0
jamesfrmphilly Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : whoopi-goldberg-says wearing weave-is cultural appropriation Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 35
Liberty Black Entertainment : Trailers for all the Films Selected for This Season of ‘AfroPoP: The Ultimate Cultural Exchange’ Black Entertainment 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Dear Khloe: Cultural Appropriation of Black Hairstyles Does Matter ... Here's Why Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 15
frankster Black Spirituality Religion : OPPRESSION OF WOMEN - Honor Killings Religious or Cultural? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
RAPTOR Black Spirituality Religion : Antiquities Scholar: Islamic State's Destruction of Museum & Library is Cultural & Ethnic Cleansing Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Knowledge Seed Black People : African Cultural Retentions? Black People Open Forum 12
Alarm Clock Black People : Timbuktu’s Cultural Heritage More Damaged Than First Estimated Black People Open Forum 0
S Black People : Cultural Criticism and Transformation Part 2 by Bell Hooks. Black People Open Forum 1
noor100 Black Muslims : U.S. Looted Thousands of Iraq's Cultural Treasures Islam Study Group 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Sister Merira Kwesi-the European Cultural And Fashion Theft From African People Black People Open Forum 0
Buto The Front Porch : Cultural School The Front Porch 5
H Egypt : The Bio Cultural Origins of Egypt Egypt 70
Omowale Jabali African American History Culture : The Cultural Heritage of the Oromo African American History Culture 3
S Black People : What Cultural Rituals do black people need to create? (brainstorming session) Black People Open Forum 64
S Destee Network : Drumtide Magazine: An Afro cultural, Sociopolitical and Arts Magazine Destee Network : 0
Corvo Black People : Resistance to cultural assimilation Black People Open Forum 15
RAPTOR Black People : Living in a foreign cultural container Black People Open Forum 0
Blackbird Black Spirituality Religion : The Fundamental Problem of Religion w/o Cultural or Historical Understanding Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 7
MsInterpret Black Spirituality Religion : Black Atheists Say Non-Belief Mean Cultural Outsider Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 6
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The Afrika Garvey Black Nationalist And The Afrikan Cultural Black Nationalist Chief Elder Osiris 0
3 Black People : Grisso's discussions of Cultural Asili Black People Open Forum 21
Blackbird Black People : African Focused and Black Cultural Quizz Black People Open Forum 14
cherryblossom African American History Culture : Black Intelligence Test of Cultural Homogeneity African American History Culture 19
Zulile Black People : Cultural Awareness Black People Open Forum 6
T Cultural Connections, Communications Coaching Online Classes - Be a Teacher! 0
river Black Spirituality Religion : Is African Spirituality Evangelistic or Cultural? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 9
D Black People : Letting the citizens of Indiana to come STRAP at cultural events Black People Open Forum 0
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : Blacks in the Mexican Revolution:The Cultural Legacy of President Vincente Guerrero Omowale Jabali 1
I Black Women : Excision: A Polemic That Hides Cultural Imperialism Black Women 10
Isaiah Africa : AFRICAN CULTURAL TRADITIONS BY ETHNIC GROUP All Things Africa 0
P Black Relationships : INTER CULTURAL Black Relationships 10
Sekhemu Africa : Africa's Cultural Void and the Curse of Alien Religions and Cultures All Things Africa 33
Akilah Cross Cultural Adoptions - Are you for or against it ??? Black Parenting 28
Destee Black People : Cultural Destabilization Plan Black People Open Forum 3
K Pan Africanism : YURUGU An African-Centered Critique of Caucasian Cultural Thought and Behavior African American History Culture 1
P Black Poetry : cultural suicide Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
Isaiah African American History Culture : WHITE PEOPLE, AND BLACK CULTURE BANDITRY... African American History Culture 11
HODEE Black People : ‘Mask mouth is a seriously stinky side effect of wearing masks Black People Open Forum 0
HODEE Black People : East Coast Will Need N95 _ Mask ( It May Not Help ) to Avoid "Silica" Glass Dust Storm Coming From Africa to the United States Black People Open Forum 2
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : BLACK OWNED FACE MASK BUSINESS Black Money Business Jobs 0
Fine1952 Health and Wellness : COVID-19/SARS: The Plan-The Test-The Mask-The Social Distancing-The Vaccine-The Cure-The Scam Black Health and Wellness 1492
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Black Jesus, White gospels: Black Christ, Roman mask AACOOLDRE 1
R Black Poetry : Here I am back online in contact with whack rhymes got facts On my mind, quick to wear a mask this s Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
nevar Black Poetry : He who wears the mask.......... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Avocado Hair Mask Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
S Black Poetry : "We Wear The Mask" by Paul Laurence Dunbar, 1896 Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
OldSoul OldSoul : white bank robber used black mask to fool cops OldSoul 7