Black Positive People : Create a self-love workshop for young black girls?

Lovebrwn

Apr 30, 2020
Hello Destee! I'm new here and wanted to have other's opinions on this. I was planning and thinking to start a workshop for young black girls in my area. I will be moving to Montclair in late November and have been saving since last year for this. I'll be having a regular job and my workshops will be open whenever I'm free but my cousin who is already located will help me and will be there most of the time. I was thinking should I do this? I wanted this to be a workshop where I can be like a sister for these girls, they can be emotional with me, and I'll comfort them. And I'm also I'm buying many books where the main person is highly melanized. And I'll be teaching them how they can do their hair and will be doing so many more activities. I want to be their representation that they don't see on TV.

Any opinions?

Last edited:

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
Hello Destee! I'm new here and wanted to have other's opinions on this. I was planning and thinking to start a workshop for young black girls in my area. I will be moving to New York City in late November and have been saving since last year for this. I'll be having a regular job and my workshops will be open whenever I'm free but my cousin who is already located will help me and will be there most of the time. I was thinking should I do this? I wanted this to be a workshop where I can be like a sister for these girls, they can be emotional with me, and I'll comfort them. And I'm also I'm buying many books where the main person is highly melanized. And I'll be teaching them how they can do their hair and will be doing so many more activities. I want to be their representation that they don't see on TV.

Any opinions?
um, you have seen the situation in NYC ????

Groeteschele

Apr 6, 2020
Young Black girls in Sweden need you more if you have experience and proper training to help guide and nurture them properly and not just pity them or to make this a part time hobby. It is something they deserve full time from your heart and not between some other job when you find time for them. Sorry.

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
Hello Destee! I'm new here and wanted to have other's opinions on this. I was planning and thinking to start a workshop for young black girls in my area. I will be moving to Montclair in late November and have been saving since last year for this. I'll be having a regular job and my workshops will be open whenever I'm free but my cousin who is already located will help me and will be there most of the time. I was thinking should I do this? I wanted this to be a workshop where I can be like a sister for these girls, they can be emotional with me, and I'll comfort them. And I'm also I'm buying many books where the main person is highly melanized. And I'll be teaching them how they can do their hair and will be doing so many more activities. I want to be their representation that they don't see on TV.

Any opinions?
are you black ???

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : 19 Black families purchase 96 acres of land to create a 'safe haven' for Black people Black People Doing Positive Things 3
C Black People : Belief Create The Fool But Divine Knowledge Give Birth To Wisdom. Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : Head not at odds it's straight and in Genesis now god create the HEAVEN AND EARTH folks should be in FT LEAVENWORTH for not believing, the earth had n Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : BLACK CHEMISTS CREATE CLOTHING LINE Black Money Business Jobs 1
R Black Poetry : One boy construct and create my luck be great his number up to take first place but got the worse ta Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
H Black People : A Few Graphs to create discussions. Black People Open Forum 53
HODEE Black People Politics : OBAMA to "Republicans_I didn't create TRUMP.. your hate towards me did! Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Did Satan Create Catholicism? Trump-Supporting Pastor Robert Jeffress Thinks So Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : The Total Eclipse Could Create A State Of Emergency Science and Technology 25
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Outlaw: Create Your Own Investment Group Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Chidike Black People Politics : Ahhh Yes.....Attack The Poor,Health Care,Food,Housing And Create Pseudo Attacks To Start A War Black People Politics 10
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : melissa-harris-perry-to-create-course-inspired-by-a-seat-at-the-table Black People Doing Positive Things 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : white-supremacists-create-fake-black-person-accounts Black People Politics 11
Liberty Black Entertainment : Black Hollywood Live & Uptown Magazine Partner To Create A Multi-Level Platform For Brands! Black Entertainment 0
chuck Black People Politics : Mere Rallies and Speeches Don't Create New Movements!! Black People Politics 39
jamesfrmphilly Black People : can a bad person create good art? Black People Open Forum 1
Enki Black Poetry : The Power To Create Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : UK Scientists: Aliens May Have Sent Space Seeds To Create Life On Earth Science and Technology 4
CSmith Science and Technology : Scientists create first Living Organism with 'Artificial' DNA Science and Technology 0
Alarm Clock Black People : Racist who wanted to create whites-only town proven to be of African descent Black People Open Forum 1
W Black People : Can Anyone Explain how to create LLC or Business to use 4 renting properties/paying utility bills? Black People Open Forum 1
Keita Kenyatta Black People : To THE POSTER OF: DID GOD CREATE THE DEVIL Black People Open Forum 2
B Black Spirituality Religion : Why did God create the devil? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 60
Enki Science and Technology : Is "Thought" a Force? And does it Create Reality ? Science and Technology 105
Destee Black Relationships : Do Black Females ALWAYS look to mate and create with the best PROVIDERS? Black Relationships 40
Keita Kenyatta Black People : DID WE CREATE WHITE PEOPLE?....MORE COINCIDENCE Black People Open Forum 6
blackisbeautiful Black Entertainment : How do we create video game companies in our community? Black Entertainment 46
blackisbeautiful Black Entertainment : How to Create Positive Music in Our Community Black Entertainment 0
blackisbeautiful Black Travel : How Can We Create Our Own Black Cruise Agency? Black Travel 5
Ankhur Black People : More Reaganomics / Lowering Corporate Taxes will help Create Jobs? Black People Open Forum 0
S Black People : What Cultural Rituals do black people need to create? (brainstorming session) Black People Open Forum 64
Ankhur Black People : Reasons to Reject Thanksgiving, When do we Create Our Own Holidays? Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : Washington Apointed Jobs Czar Working Hard: to Create Jobs Overseas(?) Black People Open Forum 0
RAPTOR Black People : 'How many jobs do we create for other people?' Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People Politics : The President has the Legal Power to Create Jobs Black People Politics 3
Enki Audio Video Web Conferencing : Let us create man in our image. Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Shikamaru Black Money Business Jobs : Create a Simple Budget Black Money Business Jobs 2
Ankhur Black People Politics : Presidents new Program to create Jobs/ overseas, Not Here! Black People Politics 8
Ankhur Black People : Increasing the sale of instruments of Death will Create Jobs Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : How the International Bankers Create Despots to Create turmoil Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : BP , Allowed to Create a Mini Police State Black People Open Forum 8
S Phones and Apps : Let's create a Destee.com Iphone application. Science and Technology 5
S Science and Technology : Japanese create Hummingbird robot Science and Technology 71
S Black People : WORD POWER - CREATE A MANTRA Black People Open Forum 15
Metaverse Black Spirituality Religion : IF YOU COULD CREATE A DEITY? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 22
Destee New Rule - You CANNOT Create Private Chat Rooms Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 13
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Is God a sadist to create this world for entertainment? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Whether God is sadist to create this world for His entertainment Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
D McDonald's Evacuated After Workers Create Toxic Fumes Black Health and Wellness 1
D Scientists create ‘plastic’ blood (Picture) Black Health and Wellness 0