Black People : Cornel West responds to Michael Eric Dyson

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
STAFF
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.
Funny what he said after he said the not getting tickets wasn't a reason....

It's also funny that it alright if his buddy Tavis accepts money from Wal-Mart, which stands for just the opposite of what he just said in the interview.

Do you think this has something to do with it?
He also co-hosts, with the scholar Cornel West, the public radio show "Smiley & West."
http://articles.latimes.com/2013/dec/12/entertainment/la-et-st-tavis-smiley-pbs-20131212

That is why I don't listen to his chiding of Obama because he's in bed with wall street also.

This is almost funny. West snipes at his former allies, Rev. Al Sharpton and Michael Eric Dyson (and longtime adversary, Melissa Harris-Perry) for appearing on MSNBC (a network that has given West plenty of face time) while his best buddy Smiley has whored himself out to such corporations as Wal-Mart, Exxon, Wells-Fargo and McDonald’s. This does not trouble West as he is represented by Smiley for book publishing and speaking engagements (West earns up to $25,000 to speak).
http://jeffwinbush.com/tag/tavis-smiley/

See my point brutha Raptor?

I think it's the tickets....:news:

Peace!

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
STAFF
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.
Watkins take on west's response:
People over look the fact that the election of Obama has made he haters, and fan a lot of money. Hating Obama became big business and they know it. Now like I said, wait until Yt get back into office, lets see how much access they get to the White House then.

Peace!

RAPTOR

Sep 12, 2009
Funny what he said after he said the not getting tickets wasn't a reason....

It's also funny that it alright if his buddy Tavis accepts money from Wal-Mart, which stands for just the opposite of what he just said in the interview.

Do you think this has something to do with it?

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/dec/12/entertainment/la-et-st-tavis-smiley-pbs-20131212

That is why I don't listen to his chiding of Obama because he's in bed with wall street also.

http://jeffwinbush.com/tag/tavis-smiley/

See my point brutha Raptor?

I think it's the tickets....:news:

Peace!
This is my point Enki,

Argue the points. Whatever west's flaws are, put an argument
against his points. I don't always agree with dyson, but when folks
tried to go in on dyson, particularly as it pertained to cosby and the
debate he had with stephen a. smith. No one..... To This Date....,
could and or would refute his points/claims. And were Obama is
concerned, that is what it is for me. On the other thread when you
laced a few things that obama did, I laughed because for I could've
licked off the top of the head a half dozen policies that warrant
criticism.

It's like reading you on religious subjects and how you make solid
points when it comes to biblical verses and religious thought/concepts,
oft times, many of your 'opponents', attempt to dig at you and hardly -many
of the times, deal with the points you've laid out. You know that isn't
the way a debate should go. 'Don't attack Enki, attack his points/premise'.

So I'll put it to you like I put it to those, regarding dyson on cosby/a. smith:
Where is west wrong about obama? What did he say that was wrong as it relates
to policies. Quote him, so that we may examine what he said regarding pres. obama.

I recall west being quite consistent with the premise of holding the president
accountible. Dyson started out that way, then switched up. Now, everyone has
a right to change their mind, but given how all of a sudden he did a 180 turn, is
certainly room for question, to say the least.

While I will appreciate dyson dealing with tyson and a. smith; I'll give him props
for that. He has failed to show where west was wrong. 10k words of what in the way of
obama's detractors with regard to his policies? I posted somewhere where
dyson was going at it with glen ford, and failed to dispute the points ford was making.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Cornel West Delivers Blistering Takedown of Ta-Nehisi Coates—Michael Eric Dyson Responds Black People Politics 49
RAPTOR Black People Politics : "Pity the sad legacy of Barack Obama" : Cornel West Black People Politics 83
SophiaG Black People Politics : So, Cornel West is supporting presidential candidate Bernie Sanders Black People Politics 4
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Cornel West on Black Journalists: "We're in the age of the sell-out" Black People Politics 67
CosmicMessenger Black People Politics : Professor Cornel West on the 'Age Of Obama' Black People Politics 0
ru2religious Black People : Why is everyone hating on Cornel West? He's right!!! Black People Open Forum 9
S Black People Politics : The "N-Word-ization of America"- Cornel West Black People Politics 4
info-moetry Audio Video Web Conferencing : Dr. Cornel west - Obama vs. Martin Audio Video Web Conferencing 12
S Black People : "Young People", Toni Morrison and Cornel West. Black People Open Forum 44
W Black People Politics : Cornel West on Obama Black People Politics 100
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : cornel west v obama on the TV machine Black People Politics 9
Amnat77 Black People Politics : AL SHARPTON AND CORNEL WEST GO AT IT OVER OBAMA! Black People Politics 25
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Cornel West Upset With President Obama Black People Politics 10
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Dr. Cornel West’s Message to Brother President Barack Obama Black People Politics 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Part 2 of Cornel West book review AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Bro Cornel West Book review AACOOLDRE 2
P Black People : Cornel West and Carl Dix, make it Plain about the present administration Black People Open Forum 29
G Black People : NID RELEASES THE ANTICIPATED “MARTIN & MALCOLM” EVENT DVD WITH DR. CORNEL WEST AND I Black People Open Forum 3
AHMOSE Black People : Cornel West Speaks Out for Chicken Black People Open Forum 20
T Black Poetry : Cornel West his Spoken Word Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
D Black People : cornel wests article in UK/Observer on 9/11 Black People Open Forum 6
HODEE Black People : White House directs West Wing staffers to wear masks Black People Open Forum 2
OldSoul Black People : Former Ghana President Rawlings "How the West Stole our African Identity" Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Kanye West The Black Afrikan American Messiah!!! (Deceiver) Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Pastor Whose Church Held Kanye West's Sunday Service Slams Rapper for His Comments on Slavery Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
C Black People : Anybody Who Take Kanye West As a Joke Is A Fool!!! Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Kanye West Js A Greater Danger To Black Afrikan People Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Kim Kardashian shares Kanye West album release date, after mysterious 'Jesus Is King' event, last-minute Sunday Service Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : West African slavery lives on, 400 years after transatlantic trade began African American History Culture 0
Perfection Senegal : In Context Series: A visit to Senegal, West Africa Senegal 0
Perfection Gambia : In Context Series: The Hippopotamus in Gambia, West Africa Gambia 0
Perfection Togo : In Context Series: Togo, West Africa -- An Appraisal by an Afro-American Togo 0
Queenie African American History Culture : Black Women of the Old West African American History Culture 8
Orisons Black People : Isn't Cyberspace CENSORSHIP standard in the West? Black People Open Forum 2
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Coates vs. West: Feud has its roots in long tradition of black intellectuals African American History Culture 1
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: T.I. - Blast Kanye West And Steve Harvey For Meeting With Donald Trump Audio Video Web Conferencing 8
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : kanye west hospitalized... Black Entertainment 8
Clyde C Coger Jr Africa : West Africa Is Being Swallowed by the Sea All Things Africa 4
J Black Entertainment : What Did Kanye West’s Casting Call for ‘Multiracial Women Only’ Mean? Black Entertainment 10
Al D Black People : Tapping into West Africa’s Hair Care Market Black People Open Forum 0
IFE Black Positive People : West Creek Middle School student’s book to be added to school library Black People Doing Positive Things 2
Liberty Black People Politics : Black West Point cadets under scrutiny for raised fists in photo Black People Politics 8
jamesfrmphilly African Traditional Religion : west-african-village-in-south-carolina African Traditional Religion Study Group 2
Liberty Black People Politics : Watch: Did Obama Just Tell Presidential Hopeful Kanye West to Sit Down? Black People Politics 6
jamesfrmphilly Black People : west-indian-parade-shooting-stabbing-violence Black People Open Forum 0
Liberty Black People Politics : Kanye West is running for President in 2020? Black People Politics 25
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : West Africans have some of the healthiest diets in the world Food Discussion and Recipes 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Jackie Robinson West files suit against Little League over vacated championship Black Sports 0
chuck Black People : North/South/East/West: Do Tell Me About Your Necks Of The Woods! Black People Open Forum 0
chuck Black People : Young Black NBA Star David West Pays For Dr. Ben's Furneral Black People Open Forum 2