Black People Politics : Cornel West Delivers Blistering Takedown of Ta-Nehisi Coates—Michael Eric Dyson Responds

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Black Fueds, smh ...

Cornel West Delivers Blistering Takedown of Ta-Nehisi Coates—Michael Eric Dyson Responds

Cornel West. (Photo: Getty Images)

Cornel West took to his Facebook page on Thursday afternoon to deliver a blistering takedown of Ta-Nehisi Coates, whose new book, Between the World and Me, came out this week ...

http://observer.com/2015/07/cornel-west-delivers-blistering-takedown-of-ta-nehisi-coates/

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

DO DR. CORNEL WEST’S COMMENTS ABOUT TA-NEHISI COATES’ NEW BOOK PROVE HE’S A HATER?

You can read the entire post here. As you can imagine, Dr. West’s critiques of Coates weren’t well received. Some called Dr. West an outright hater who is still bitter about not getting an invite to President Obama’s 2008 inauguration. Others were left confused by Dr. West’s critique considering that Coates has a long, archived history of being critical of President Obama. Among the confused was William Jelani Cobb, associate professor of history at the University of Connecticut and staff writer for The New Yorker. Cobb, in the comment section of the post, wrote that Dr. West’s attacks on Coates were “flat-out wrong.” In particular he writes: “This is disappointing on multiple levels, not the least of which is that you’re using your platform to launch a critique that is not simply beneath you but fundamentally dishonest.”

Source: WENN

http://madamenoire.com/548341/do-dr...-ta-nehisi-coates-new-book-prove-hes-a-hater/

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

David Brooks’s Letter to Ta-Nehisi Coates About Race

... David Brooks just couldn’t help himself. He just had to tell Mr. Coates where he was wrong.

The African-Americans I know would say this drives them crazy when they talk about being black in America. Over and over, whites ask their opinion about their experience of race, and once they get it proceed to disagree ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/21/o...tter-to-ta-nehisi-coates-about-race.html?_r=1

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

The Dream Never Came True

Ta-Nehisi Coates' 'Between the World and Me' is vital reading at this moment in America.

The grit in his writing is firmly grounded

... In his just-released book "Between the World and Me," Ta-Nehisi Coates suggests Baldwin's timeline was too optimistic. Modeled after "The Fire Next Time," "Between the World and Me"is an extended letter to Coates's 14-year-old son Samori, written as police brutality against young black men has captured, at least for the moment, the attention of white Americans. For Samori – and for the reader – Coates has little comfort to offer. He describes his reaction when his son broke down crying at the news that the police officer who shot and killed Michael Brown would not be indicted: "I didn't hug you, and I didn't comfort you, because I thought it would be wrong to comfort you." ...

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs...e-world-and-me-vital-reading-in-america-today

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RAPTOR Black People Politics : "Pity the sad legacy of Barack Obama" : Cornel West Black People Politics 83
SophiaG Black People Politics : So, Cornel West is supporting presidential candidate Bernie Sanders Black People Politics 4
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Cornel West on Black Journalists: "We're in the age of the sell-out" Black People Politics 67
RAPTOR Black People : Cornel West responds to Michael Eric Dyson Black People Open Forum 11
CosmicMessenger Black People Politics : Professor Cornel West on the 'Age Of Obama' Black People Politics 0
ru2religious Black People : Why is everyone hating on Cornel West? He's right!!! Black People Open Forum 9
S Black People Politics : The "N-Word-ization of America"- Cornel West Black People Politics 4
info-moetry Audio Video Web Conferencing : Dr. Cornel west - Obama vs. Martin Audio Video Web Conferencing 12
S Black People : "Young People", Toni Morrison and Cornel West. Black People Open Forum 44
W Black People Politics : Cornel West on Obama Black People Politics 100
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : cornel west v obama on the TV machine Black People Politics 9
Amnat77 Black People Politics : AL SHARPTON AND CORNEL WEST GO AT IT OVER OBAMA! Black People Politics 25
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Cornel West Upset With President Obama Black People Politics 10
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Dr. Cornel West’s Message to Brother President Barack Obama Black People Politics 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Part 2 of Cornel West book review AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Bro Cornel West Book review AACOOLDRE 2
P Black People : Cornel West and Carl Dix, make it Plain about the present administration Black People Open Forum 29
G Black People : NID RELEASES THE ANTICIPATED “MARTIN & MALCOLM” EVENT DVD WITH DR. CORNEL WEST AND I Black People Open Forum 3
AHMOSE Black People : Cornel West Speaks Out for Chicken Black People Open Forum 20
T Black Poetry : Cornel West his Spoken Word Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
D Black People : cornel wests article in UK/Observer on 9/11 Black People Open Forum 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : HBCU, helped by Jamal Bryant’s church and Kanye West, resurrecting after financial scandal Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
HODEE Black People : White House directs West Wing staffers to wear masks Black People Open Forum 2
OldSoul Black People : Former Ghana President Rawlings "How the West Stole our African Identity" Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Kanye West The Black Afrikan American Messiah!!! (Deceiver) Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Pastor Whose Church Held Kanye West's Sunday Service Slams Rapper for His Comments on Slavery Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
C Black People : Anybody Who Take Kanye West As a Joke Is A Fool!!! Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Kanye West Js A Greater Danger To Black Afrikan People Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Kim Kardashian shares Kanye West album release date, after mysterious 'Jesus Is King' event, last-minute Sunday Service Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : West African slavery lives on, 400 years after transatlantic trade began African American History Culture 0
Perfection Senegal : In Context Series: A visit to Senegal, West Africa Senegal 0
Perfection Gambia : In Context Series: The Hippopotamus in Gambia, West Africa Gambia 0
Perfection Togo : In Context Series: Togo, West Africa -- An Appraisal by an Afro-American Togo 0
Queenie African American History Culture : Black Women of the Old West African American History Culture 8
Orisons Black People : Isn't Cyberspace CENSORSHIP standard in the West? Black People Open Forum 2
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Coates vs. West: Feud has its roots in long tradition of black intellectuals African American History Culture 1
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: T.I. - Blast Kanye West And Steve Harvey For Meeting With Donald Trump Audio Video Web Conferencing 8
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : kanye west hospitalized... Black Entertainment 8
Clyde C Coger Jr Africa : West Africa Is Being Swallowed by the Sea All Things Africa 4
J Black Entertainment : What Did Kanye West’s Casting Call for ‘Multiracial Women Only’ Mean? Black Entertainment 10
Al D Black People : Tapping into West Africa’s Hair Care Market Black People Open Forum 0
IFE Black Positive People : West Creek Middle School student’s book to be added to school library Black People Doing Positive Things 2
Liberty Black People Politics : Black West Point cadets under scrutiny for raised fists in photo Black People Politics 8
jamesfrmphilly African Traditional Religion : west-african-village-in-south-carolina African Traditional Religion Study Group 2
Liberty Black People Politics : Watch: Did Obama Just Tell Presidential Hopeful Kanye West to Sit Down? Black People Politics 6
jamesfrmphilly Black People : west-indian-parade-shooting-stabbing-violence Black People Open Forum 0
Liberty Black People Politics : Kanye West is running for President in 2020? Black People Politics 25
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : West Africans have some of the healthiest diets in the world Food Discussion and Recipes 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Jackie Robinson West files suit against Little League over vacated championship Black Sports 0
chuck Black People : North/South/East/West: Do Tell Me About Your Necks Of The Woods! Black People Open Forum 0