Black People : Content vs Reputation (postings)

What do you feel posts on black websites are judged and reacted to based on?

• The content is the main thing

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • The popularity of the poster

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Who the poster is disagreeing with

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whether the poster is presenting the "black" opinion

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Other reasons

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

MrBlak

May 18, 2004
When a person makes a post on a black forum on any topic, do you feel that the way people react is based on that persons reputation, popularity, and the titles and positons they hold in life and online, or is it judged on the content?

Do you feel that all of the above should come into play? Should an opinion agianst the grain or against that of a more popular member be disregarded?

How do you feel things go on black websites (main question)?

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
most def on the content of the post , rep has nothing to do with it !

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
I agree with Rich...the content of the post is the determining factor. Reputation makes a difference in visiting a website. However if you aren't interested in what a particular poster is talking about, then you won't respond...period!

watzinaname

Oct 4, 2003
Northeast
The content SHOULD be the most important factor, but isn't always. Some folks are easily influenced by who it is that made the comment. I know that people want to have their friend's back, as it were. I don't think that is a trait held only by Black people however. Perhaps if a friend makes a comment that we don't like and/or agree with, and we don't want to ruffle feathers....perhaps the best thing to do, would be not to add to it at all, thereby not adding fuel to the fire. IMO

MrBlak

May 18, 2004
earth said:
Would it be anything other than the content of the post?

If you're reaction to a post is based on anything other than the intellectual content of that persons post you're insulting not only yourself, but the poster.
I agree......to bad many people have done and still do this.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HODEE Black People : Trump's call for slice of TikTok deal draws fire .... Getting the Content for Microsoft Black People Open Forum 1
HODEE Black People : ADULT..CONTENT.. Who Cares Black People Open Forum 0
Perfection Black Money Business Jobs : In Context Series: Why Is Economic Content Missing from African American Studies? Black Money Business Jobs 0
Queenie Black People : Black on Black--Caution! Adult Content Black People Open Forum 36
Destee Higher Standard Required : Adult Content is Not Allowed - Except in Private NSFW Forum Our Rules - Higher Standard Required 5
rapchild Ghana : Content for a Ghanaian website Ghana 7
Destee Support : Please Report Violations - Disrespectful Posts, Name Calling, Questionable Content, Etc. Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 133
I Black Poetry : (EXTREME CONTENT) THE POETRY OF VIOLENCE... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
I Black Authors : (EXTREME CONTENT) THE POETRY OF VIOLENCE... Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People : the masses of black people are content Black People Open Forum 30
MsInterpret Black People : Reading content backwards Black People Open Forum 5
S Blackpridenetwork & stolen content. Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 1
Metaverse Black Spirituality Religion : THE CONTENT OF YOUR CHARACTER: Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 8
Destee Higher Standard Required : Who Moved My Thread And Why ??!! - Please Start Threads In Forum That Matches Its Content Our Rules - Higher Standard Required 8
M Black Poetry : Resting In Lucifer's Content (1st time poster) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 22
H Black Poetry : Nothing Political (Content) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
ASHANTA Black Poetry : A Man Who Beats A Woman Is A Coward Physically Are Mentally (Adult Content) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
R Black Poetry : Eaten Alive... (Caution Explicit Content) *from Afronet* Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : How Watermelon's Reputation Got Tangled In Racism African American History Culture 0
A Black Relationships : fellas will you commit to a woman with a bad reputation Black Relationships 48
Destee What is Reputation ?? Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 17