Congo : Congo crisis is world's deadliest: survey

kemetkind

Registered
Oct 8, 2005
If you're a black american who believes in reparations you must say yes - we are indirectly supporting this oppression.

I'm not one of them because I think those arguments just create never-ending circles. If I owe a south african because my wife's rock could've been mined via his oppression then he owes me because his ancestors could have benefitted from the sale of mine into chattel slavery.

Very few examples exist in History where one group of people GIVES anything significant to another to rectify past wrongs....plenty though where it was taken.

Therious

Banned
Registered
Feb 22, 2004
kemetkind said:
If you're a black american who believes in reparations you must say yes - we are indirectly supporting this oppression.

I'm not one of them because I think those arguments just create never-ending circles. If I owe a south african because my wife's rock could've been mined via his oppression then he owes me because his ancestors could have benefitted from the sale of mine into chattel slavery.

Very few examples exist in History where one group of people GIVES anything significant to another to rectify past wrongs....plenty though where it was taken.

is it about owing someone? or is it about supporting whites who wish to kill you? if you empower whites in s. afrika then you are empowering whites here. i dont underrstand your arguement. are you saying black people in the u.s. have no need to look out for the interest of blacks in afrika? if thats the case then do you believe unity is not needed? im saying if you buy diamonds then you are supporting those who murder YOUR people in afrika, as long as whites control these minerals and metals they will be in power.i disagree because as far as slavery and afrikans who sold their own that was centuries ago, there is no way that can be fixed. but diamonds are here and now!!! we can change this now!! if we stop buying these worthless pieces of stone.

sir are you saying you dont mind helping whites opress blacks in afrika because of something that afrikans did centuiries ago?? this is whats wrong with black people, we hold petty grudges while the honkies steal from under our noses. if thats your attitude why no just murder all light skinned blacks in the u.s. since they were treated better during american slavery/apartheid.

jewish peole were compensated for the holocaust, as were japanese people for the nukes that were droped on them. these are to examples of people bein "repaired".

militant

Registered
Jun 21, 2005
Therious said:
is it about owing someone? or is it about supporting whites who wish to kill you? if you empower whites in s. afrika then you are empowering whites here. i dont underrstand your arguement. are you saying black people in the u.s. have no need to look out for the interest of blacks in afrika? if thats the case then do you believe unity is not needed? im saying if you buy diamonds then you are supporting those who murder YOUR people in afrika, as long as whites control these minerals and metals they will be in power.i disagree because as far as slavery and afrikans who sold their own that was centuries ago, there is no way that can be fixed. but diamonds are here and now!!! we can change this now!! if we stop buying these worthless pieces of stone.

sir are you saying you dont mind helping whites opress blacks in afrika because of something that afrikans did centuiries ago?? this is whats wrong with black people, we hold petty grudges while the honkies steal from under our noses. if thats your attitude why no just murder all light skinned blacks in the u.s. since they were treated better during american slavery/apartheid.

jewish peole were compensated for the holocaust, as were japanese people for the nukes that were droped on them. these are to examples of people bein "repaired".
Peace My Brother Theorius. You have just expressed with precision the words I have been trying hard to express. However, I use such words to encourage blacks all over the words(America, Africa, Britain) to come together, since we all have betrayed ourselves in the past during slavery and more recently by living a decadent lifestyle that supports the oppression and murder of africans in Africa. Both sides need to reconcile and work towards the goal of making African resources work for All Afrikan people all over the world.

kemetkind

Registered
Oct 8, 2005
Therious said:

Na - brother you took my statement, made your conclusion that it meant I don't support unity, then ran with it.

Did you read any of my posts in this thread brother? Of course I believe blacks should be concerned with other blacks anywhere in the world.

I'm saying support or concern or organizing has nothing to do with "oweing" anyone. I am not "owed" allegiance from a African because he has benefitted from my oppression just like he's not "owed" anything from me because I struggle in a the same system of oppression but happen to be a little LESS worse off. If I don't go in with this mindset I won't be disappointed when some who might look like me don't support my cause.

If we can sit down and recognize where it makes sense to form allegiances
and create action-oriented organizations because we've DECIDED it's the best strategy for us collectively to get out of this mess, that's one thing - but the mindset that says "You owe me because I struggle" only works on white liberals...(or should I say - used to work...whites are becoming united in their unwillingness to feel responsible for historical wrongs).

If I thought not buying diamonds or gold would in any way reduce the oppression of Africans I wouldn't allow anyone in my family to do so. Instead we choose to invest minimally in both because we have identified more fruitful ways to spend that money. You can't solve that problem on the demand side.

Therious

Banned
Registered
Feb 22, 2004
kemetkind said:
Na - brother you took my statement, made your conclusion that it meant I don't support unity, then ran with it.

Did you read any of my posts in this thread brother? Of course I believe blacks should be concerned with other blacks anywhere in the world.

I'm saying support or concern or organizing has nothing to do with "oweing" anyone. I am not "owed" allegiance from a African because he has benefitted from my oppression just like he's not "owed" anything from me because I struggle in a the same system of oppression but happen to be a little LESS worse off. If I don't go in with this mindset I won't be disappointed when some who might look like me don't support my cause.

If we can sit down and recognize where it makes sense to form allegiances
and create action-oriented organizations because we've DECIDED it's the best strategy for us collectively to get out of this mess, that's one thing - but the mindset that says "You owe me because I struggle" only works on white liberals...(or should I say - used to work...whites are becoming united in their unwillingness to feel responsible for historical wrongs).

If I thought not buying diamonds or gold would in any way reduce the oppression of Africans I wouldn't allow anyone in my family to do so. Instead we choose to invest minimally in both because we have identified more fruitful ways to spend that money. You can't solve that problem on the demand side.

i admit i have not read this entire thread. i was taken back by your sentiments that we should not care about suppoorting the diamond trade because of afrikans who sold their own people (us african amerikkkans) into bondage. i know diamonds and gold non support will not solve all the problems of the mother land. there are many problems facing our family in afrika. i am aware that many afrikans them selves are taking part in this system of wealth and oppression as well. true the you owe me is not a good attitude. however as long as there is a PROFITable market for these goods which AFRIKAN AMERIKKKANS are a large part of, it will make this form of oppression easy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Congo : World ignores Republic of Congo's crisis - U.N. Republic of the Congo 1
K Congo : The ongoing crisis in the Democratic Republic of Congo Republic of the Congo 12
skuderjaymes Black People : The Congo Dandies: living in poverty and spending a fortune to look like a million dollars Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Congo : Congo’s President Is Preparing for War Against His Own People Republic of the Congo 0
shaka64 Congo : Papa Wemba, Congo music star, dies after stage collapse Republic of the Congo 0
Alarm Clock Libya : Obama/Bush, Tanzania; no Coincidence? Libya type op planned for the Congo? Libya 1
Mad Skillz Congo : Obama Waives Child Soldier Ban in Yemen and Congo Republic of the Congo 7
Destee Congo : Tintin au Congo - Comic Book Ban Attempt Fails in Belgium Republic of the Congo 0
Keita Kenyatta Congo : White King, Red Rubber, Black Death in the Congo (King Leopold II of Belgium) Republic of the Congo 1
jamesfrmphilly Congo : Congo warlord convicted of using child soldiers Republic of the Congo 4
Ankhur Congo : The UN maintains it's War on Democracy in Recent Congo Elections Republic of the Congo 0
Ankhur Congo : What is Realy going on in the Congo???????????? Republic of the Congo 6
Corvo Congo : 'Congo' Actor Ezra Mabengeza Channels Freedom Fighter Patrice Lumumba Republic of the Congo 1
MsInterpret Congo : Some 200 women gang-raped near Congo UN base Republic of the Congo 55
Amnat77 Congo : Congo-The Brutal History Republic of the Congo 8
Ankhur Congo : Congo celebrates 50 years of "Independence" while Lumumba rolls over in his grave Republic of the Congo 2
RAPTOR Congo : japanese workers killed mixed race babies in the congo Republic of the Congo 33
Ankhur Congo : Who realy cares about the Congo? Republic of the Congo 32
P Congo : US to send military advisors to Congo to give counseling against rape?? (Yeah right) Republic of the Congo 0
Sekhemu Congo : Why the Congo Matters Republic of the Congo 2
L Congo : Moroccans, Pakistani and Nepalese rape Congo Girls Republic of the Congo 0
Blackbird Congo : My Call to the Congo Republic of the Congo 6
N Rwanda : earthquake in Rwanda and Congo, Let us send prayers Rwanda 0
Destee Congo : Radioactive Material Dumped In Mura River - Congo Republic of the Congo 0
T Congo : Congo Republic of the Congo 2
V Congo : rape,rape and more rape in the congo Republic of the Congo 9
P Congo : No peace for DR Congo Republic of the Congo 0
Mad Skillz Congo : Does amerikkkan interest threaten democracy in the Congo? Yes. Republic of the Congo 0
P Congo : Amnesty warns on Congo war threat Republic of the Congo 0
P Congo : Congo: Living with Rwanda's Hutu rebels Republic of the Congo 6
P Congo : Gold rush fuels DR Congo's pain Republic of the Congo 6
K Congo : Join Hewa Bora - Free Congo Campaign! Republic of the Congo 0
K Congo : Photos: The terrible suffering of the people of Congo (former Zaire) Republic of the Congo 39
K Congo : What you need to know about the UN in the Congo Republic of the Congo 18
P Congo : Massacre in the Congo Republic of the Congo 8
P Congo : UN workers involved in sexual exploitation in the Congo Republic of the Congo 2
A Congo : Democratic Republic of Congo - Rwanda Conflict Republic of the Congo 7
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Jackson, Miss., has an ongoing water crisis. Here’s how it’s impacting its citizens Black Health and Wellness 0
HODEE Law Forum : California to release 8,000 prisoners in hopes of easing coronavirus crisis _ Back to the Streets Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 14
MS234 Black People : How the movie ‘Contagion’ perfectly predicted the 2020 coronavirus crisis Black People Open Forum 20
HODEE Black People Politics : Americans should prepare for coronavirus crisis in U.S., CDC says Black People Politics 5
Al D Black People : Africa's Sanitation Crisis Black People Open Forum 0
Destee The Police : Detroit 911: Thousands in crisis left waiting for Detroit police Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 15
Perfection South Africa : In Context Series: South Africa's Land Reform Crisis: Eliminating the Legacy of Apartheid South Africa 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Single Black Mothers : The Quiet Crisis Killing Black Women Black Women 8
Perfection Mali : In Context Series: The Recurrent Security Crisis in Mali and the Role of the African Union Mali 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : 44,000 Catholic Women Demand Answers From Pope Francis Over Sex Abuse Crisis Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Youtube is Struggling to End its FAKE-NEWS CRISIS: System Misfires, False Positives and Shooting Science and Technology 7
IFE Law Forum : How Our Broken Justice System Led to a Sexual Harassment Crisis Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
IFE Law Forum : How Our Broken Justice System Led to a Sexual Harassment Crisis Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0