Congo : Congo crisis is world's deadliest: survey

kemetkind

Oct 8, 2005
If you're a black american who believes in reparations you must say yes - we are indirectly supporting this oppression.

I'm not one of them because I think those arguments just create never-ending circles. If I owe a south african because my wife's rock could've been mined via his oppression then he owes me because his ancestors could have benefitted from the sale of mine into chattel slavery.

Very few examples exist in History where one group of people GIVES anything significant to another to rectify past wrongs....plenty though where it was taken.

Therious

Banned
Feb 22, 2004
kemetkind said:
If you're a black american who believes in reparations you must say yes - we are indirectly supporting this oppression.

I'm not one of them because I think those arguments just create never-ending circles. If I owe a south african because my wife's rock could've been mined via his oppression then he owes me because his ancestors could have benefitted from the sale of mine into chattel slavery.

Very few examples exist in History where one group of people GIVES anything significant to another to rectify past wrongs....plenty though where it was taken.
is it about owing someone? or is it about supporting whites who wish to kill you? if you empower whites in s. afrika then you are empowering whites here. i dont underrstand your arguement. are you saying black people in the u.s. have no need to look out for the interest of blacks in afrika? if thats the case then do you believe unity is not needed? im saying if you buy diamonds then you are supporting those who murder YOUR people in afrika, as long as whites control these minerals and metals they will be in power.i disagree because as far as slavery and afrikans who sold their own that was centuries ago, there is no way that can be fixed. but diamonds are here and now!!! we can change this now!! if we stop buying these worthless pieces of stone.

sir are you saying you dont mind helping whites opress blacks in afrika because of something that afrikans did centuiries ago?? this is whats wrong with black people, we hold petty grudges while the honkies steal from under our noses. if thats your attitude why no just murder all light skinned blacks in the u.s. since they were treated better during american slavery/apartheid.

jewish peole were compensated for the holocaust, as were japanese people for the nukes that were droped on them. these are to examples of people bein "repaired".

militant

Jun 21, 2005
Therious said:
is it about owing someone? or is it about supporting whites who wish to kill you? if you empower whites in s. afrika then you are empowering whites here. i dont underrstand your arguement. are you saying black people in the u.s. have no need to look out for the interest of blacks in afrika? if thats the case then do you believe unity is not needed? im saying if you buy diamonds then you are supporting those who murder YOUR people in afrika, as long as whites control these minerals and metals they will be in power.i disagree because as far as slavery and afrikans who sold their own that was centuries ago, there is no way that can be fixed. but diamonds are here and now!!! we can change this now!! if we stop buying these worthless pieces of stone.

sir are you saying you dont mind helping whites opress blacks in afrika because of something that afrikans did centuiries ago?? this is whats wrong with black people, we hold petty grudges while the honkies steal from under our noses. if thats your attitude why no just murder all light skinned blacks in the u.s. since they were treated better during american slavery/apartheid.

jewish peole were compensated for the holocaust, as were japanese people for the nukes that were droped on them. these are to examples of people bein "repaired".
Peace My Brother Theorius. You have just expressed with precision the words I have been trying hard to express. However, I use such words to encourage blacks all over the words(America, Africa, Britain) to come together, since we all have betrayed ourselves in the past during slavery and more recently by living a decadent lifestyle that supports the oppression and murder of africans in Africa. Both sides need to reconcile and work towards the goal of making African resources work for All Afrikan people all over the world.

kemetkind

Oct 8, 2005
Therious said:

Na - brother you took my statement, made your conclusion that it meant I don't support unity, then ran with it.

Did you read any of my posts in this thread brother? Of course I believe blacks should be concerned with other blacks anywhere in the world.

I'm saying support or concern or organizing has nothing to do with "oweing" anyone. I am not "owed" allegiance from a African because he has benefitted from my oppression just like he's not "owed" anything from me because I struggle in a the same system of oppression but happen to be a little LESS worse off. If I don't go in with this mindset I won't be disappointed when some who might look like me don't support my cause.

If we can sit down and recognize where it makes sense to form allegiances
and create action-oriented organizations because we've DECIDED it's the best strategy for us collectively to get out of this mess, that's one thing - but the mindset that says "You owe me because I struggle" only works on white liberals...(or should I say - used to work...whites are becoming united in their unwillingness to feel responsible for historical wrongs).

If I thought not buying diamonds or gold would in any way reduce the oppression of Africans I wouldn't allow anyone in my family to do so. Instead we choose to invest minimally in both because we have identified more fruitful ways to spend that money. You can't solve that problem on the demand side.

Therious

Banned
Feb 22, 2004
kemetkind said:
Na - brother you took my statement, made your conclusion that it meant I don't support unity, then ran with it.

Did you read any of my posts in this thread brother? Of course I believe blacks should be concerned with other blacks anywhere in the world.

I'm saying support or concern or organizing has nothing to do with "oweing" anyone. I am not "owed" allegiance from a African because he has benefitted from my oppression just like he's not "owed" anything from me because I struggle in a the same system of oppression but happen to be a little LESS worse off. If I don't go in with this mindset I won't be disappointed when some who might look like me don't support my cause.

If we can sit down and recognize where it makes sense to form allegiances
and create action-oriented organizations because we've DECIDED it's the best strategy for us collectively to get out of this mess, that's one thing - but the mindset that says "You owe me because I struggle" only works on white liberals...(or should I say - used to work...whites are becoming united in their unwillingness to feel responsible for historical wrongs).

If I thought not buying diamonds or gold would in any way reduce the oppression of Africans I wouldn't allow anyone in my family to do so. Instead we choose to invest minimally in both because we have identified more fruitful ways to spend that money. You can't solve that problem on the demand side.
i admit i have not read this entire thread. i was taken back by your sentiments that we should not care about suppoorting the diamond trade because of afrikans who sold their own people (us african amerikkkans) into bondage. i know diamonds and gold non support will not solve all the problems of the mother land. there are many problems facing our family in afrika. i am aware that many afrikans them selves are taking part in this system of wealth and oppression as well. true the you owe me is not a good attitude. however as long as there is a PROFITable market for these goods which AFRIKAN AMERIKKKANS are a large part of, it will make this form of oppression easy.

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: