Congo : Congo crisis is world's deadliest: survey

Dual Karnayn

Well-Known Member
MEMBER
Nov 5, 2005
1,221
7
Therious & Militant

Nigeria by itself could bring stability and "relative" peace in both the Sudan and the Congo if they had the desire to do so. I say relative because there probably always be ethnic conflict, it's ingrained in the history of the land.


But too many Black people just don't want to have anything to do with eachother.

It amazes me how totally indifferent some of our people can be to their brother next door.
You talk to some Africans.....they don't even know what's going on in the nation right next to them; and really don't care.

You can talk to an Ethiopian who has no idea of what's going on in Kenya and seem totally unconcerned, he's only concerned about the issue HE'S pushing.

The same with a Senegalese or a Somali....or even a Jamaican or Panamanian.

It's just how we are.

"I don't care what's happening in Chicago, I only know about Phoenix and my little hood or what-not."

"I'm East Coast kid....don't know nothing about that West Coast."


We are only concerned about our own little world, always have been and that's why we're so divided.

So white folks can easily stick a spoon in every pot and keep things stirred up without our knowledge.


They get things going and step back KNOWING few people on either side will actually stop to verify the origins of the conflict.
 

militant

Well-Known Member
MEMBER
Jun 21, 2005
335
3
Dual Karnayn said:
Therious & Militant

Nigeria by itself could bring stability and "relative" peace in both the Sudan and the Congo if they had the desire to do so. I say relative because there probably always be ethnic conflict, it's ingrained in the history of the land.


But too many Black people just don't want to have anything to do with eachother.

It amazes me how totally indifferent some of our people can be to their brother next door.
You talk to some Africans.....they don't even know what's going on in the nation right next to them; and really don't care.

You can talk to an Ethiopian who has no idea of what's going on in Kenya and seem totally unconcerned, he's only concerned about the issue HE'S pushing.

The same with a Senegalese or a Somali....or even a Jamaican or Panamanian.

It's just how we are.

"I don't care what's happening in Chicago, I only know about Phoenix and my little hood or what-not."

"I'm East Coast kid....don't know nothing about that West Coast."


We are only concerned about our own little world, always have been and that's why we're so divided.

So white folks can easily stick a spoon in every pot and keep things stirred up without our knowledge.


They get things going and step back KNOWING few people on either side will actually stop to verify the origins of the conflict.
Very true. We black people are like that. I have been trying to say that all along. Whether its in Africa or in Brazil or in America on in England, we are not concerned about black people from another tribe or another city.
 

kemetkind

Well-Known Member
MEMBER
Oct 8, 2005
1,599
62
militant said:
Very true. We black people are like that. I have been trying to say that all along. Whether its in Africa or in Brazil or in America on in England, we are not concerned about black people from another tribe or another city.
Ok- brother militant I'm going to have to flip back what you laid out for me earlier in this thread....it's being oversimplified.

Those are broad general statements....I wouldn't say it's true we don't care nothing about eachother - I'd just say we care MORE about what we can see than what we cannot see.

That's why you saw massive outpouring of black support after Katrina-if we didn't care you wouldn't have seen so much giving and volunteering from black folk. I think we just don't get enough understanding of each others issues because we don't have the powerful black media to force feed us the information about what's going on.

Hence, one of the ideas coming out of the new Brothers Chat sessions is to organize "mini-documentaries" that destee.com members produce by capturing and publishing our own footage.....

We are definitely, from what I can see, focused on taking things beyond the idea phase and into the "lets plan and execute to get this done" phase.

Shoot me an email if you want to join us.

kemetkind's email
 

youngblackceo

Well-Known Member
MEMBER
Jun 19, 2004
230
5
Richmond,Va
Brother I invite you join the brothers of Destee on Monday night
for brothers only chat where we will begin to propose solutions to specific problems we can impact and action plans to implement them.[/QUOTE]



Thanks Brother, I'm looking forward to hearing what others have to say and would love to offer some insight on issues that concern us. Like i said in another post I plan on spending more time at Destee.com. I'm at a point know where I too I'm tiring of just talking about doing something. I think it is about time for us to start putting our heads together and creating concepts and theories to help solve our problems. I think it's time for us to start putting some actions behind our ideas.
 

kemetkind

Well-Known Member
MEMBER
Oct 8, 2005
1,599
62
youngblackceo said:
Brother I invite you join the brothers of Destee on Monday night
for brothers only chat where we will begin to propose solutions to specific problems we can impact and action plans to implement them.



Thanks Brother, I'm looking forward to hearing what others have to say and would love to offer some insight on issues that concern us. Like i said in another post I plan on spending more time at Destee.com. I'm at a point know where I too I'm tiring of just talking about doing something. I think it is about time for us to start putting our heads together and creating concepts and theories to help solve our problems. I think it's time for us to start putting some actions behind our ideas.[/QUOTE]


Yessir bruh that is MUSIC to our ears. I was very impressed with what came out of our last session. Brothers are feeling just like you - ready to deliver something on top of the talk. Shoot me an email at the link above and we'll patch you in to get rolling this week...or just meet us in Brothers Chat next Monday - 8 est....
 

panafrica

Well-Known Member
MEMBER
Aug 24, 2002
10,227
191
The Diaspora
Dual Karnayn said:
too many Black people just don't want to have anything to do with eachother. It amazes me how totally indifferent some of our people can be to their brother next door.You talk to some Africans.....they don't even know what's going on in the nation right next to them; and really don't care. You can talk to an Ethiopian who has no idea of what's going on in Kenya and seem totally unconcerned, he's only concerned about the issue HE'S pushing. The same with a Senegalese or a Somali....or even a Jamaican or Panamanian. It's just how we are.

militant said:
Very true. We black people are like that. I have been trying to say that all along. Whether its in Africa or in Brazil or in America on in England, we are not concerned about black people from another tribe or another city.
In this realization about the social-behavioral disconnect between black people, comes the true value of PanAfricanism. There have been some on here (as well as outside) who question the purpose of PanAfricanism, and its effectiveness in creating action. PanAfricanism it the movement by which blacks begin to learn about one another, identify with one another, and see themselves as one. If people don't identify with each other...if they don't allow nationality, culture, and ethnic identification to become less significant (secondary to the worldwide progress of black people)...then unification is not realistic goal.
 

militant

Well-Known Member
MEMBER
Jun 21, 2005
335
3
Thanks, Brother Kemet. I am interested in joining.
Yes Bro Pan, thats the essence of Pan-Africanism. But what is happening now is a strategy to channel the power of pan-africanism in the most effective way.
 

Dual Karnayn

Well-Known Member
MEMBER
Nov 5, 2005
1,221
7
PanAfrica

In this realization about the social-behavioral disconnect between black people, comes the true value of PanAfricanism. There have been some on here (as well as outside) who question the purpose of PanAfricanism, and its effectiveness in creating action. PanAfricanism it the movement by which blacks begin to learn about one another, identify with one another, and see themselves as one. If people don't identify with each other...if they don't allow nationality, culture, and ethnic identification to become less significant (secondary to the worldwide progress of black people)...then unification is not realistic goal.
I couldn't agree with you more.
Especially with lessening the significance of nationality, culture, and ethnicity for the same of Black unity world wide.

Knowing who we are and where we came from is the FIRST step of advancement because I'd say a good half of our people through out the Latin and Arab world don't even recognize themselves as Black.
They see Black as "them other people".


If it weren't for the Black Power/Pride Movements in America many of our people here in the West wouldn't either.

In America, Black used to be considered an insult.
We made Black beautiful and acceptable in the West.....but this has to go global before most of our people begin to accept thier ancestry.


You go to some Latin countries and the way the word "Black" is demonized you'd swear you were in the deep South back in the 1920s.
 

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart:
Top