Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Confession - I'm So Tired of Fighting with My Natural Hair!

Zuri Armani

Mar 17, 2012
Somewhere between Earth and Heaven
Occupation
A little bit of everything.
We are having the same thoughts! I hate fighting with my hair everyday. I cut all of my hair and now a year later I am 100% natural, and my hair is down my back. It's thick with both loose and tight coils. When I try to get someone to put it in braids I end having to pay an extra $50 because no one wants to do it because its sooo thick. I hate detangling it and then twisting it just to wear a twist out the next day. Almost seems like a waste of time. But then if I twist and try to wear it in a twisted style for a few days, my hair locks after 2 days, which I don't want. I'm so confused!

Zuri Armani

Mar 17, 2012
Somewhere between Earth and Heaven
Occupation
A little bit of everything.
I like wearing shells, however I had the same problem as you. So instead of putting them on my ends, I attach the shell with a hair pin or bobby pin and pin it to the side of my head, kinda like you would wear a flower, but instead its a shell. I often times use 2 or 3 shells so it looks like a shell hairpiece instead of just one shell. Just an idea...it worked for me. :)

spicybrown

Oct 21, 2005
I like wearing shells, however I had the same problem as you. So instead of putting them on my ends, I attach the shell with a hair pin or bobby pin and pin it to the side of my head, kinda like you would wear a flower, but instead its a shell. I often times use 2 or 3 shells so it looks like a shell hairpiece instead of just one shell. Just an idea...it worked for me. :)
Great advice. I'm now into the flower hair pins and banana clips. Here they are co-washed, although it has a tad more volume when dry. I'm seriously thinking of braiding in some thick hair or even yarn for more volume, so I can style them as opposed to just wearing them down. I have a light press now, but plan on twisting again in May, so any tips would be helpful. TIA.

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hi, Ms. Destee!

I wonder: What type of hair care products do you use for your hair? Are they store brands or do you work from home made recipes (made from carrier and essential oils, herbs, natural plants, etc.)?
I guess I'm wondering what overall condition you believe your hair *and scalp* are in.....and if you believe that the overall condition of your hair contributes to how hard you gotta work to feel in control of your hair again?

One Love, and PEACE

Hi Sister Fieldpea ... i use any old thing on my hair, usually whatever is the least expensive. I'm not into all of the products that i see folk talking about on youtube videos and stuff. I'm the Sister that posted a thread admitting i use vaseline to grease my scalp, and my hair loved it! I've found that product just doesn't make a lot of difference with my hair, it acts the same unruly way with them all.

As far as overall condition of my hair, i think it's healthy and strong, it's just not obedient.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Miss Destee, if there's one thing I really like on Real Black Women (and girls), it would be natural hair. Please please please, from a strapping and polite young man, don't cut it off or get a perm... Natural hair, especially that afro :heart:, looks pretty on you, Miss Destee. :hearts1:

Hey Sweetie ... awwwww ... such a strapping, polite, and kind young man ... :love:

I've not cut or permed my hair, and don't believe i'll be doing that.

Thanks for your love and encouragement!

:heart:

Destee

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.
Hello to you dear, how are you doing ?
Yummy0 wrote on 1poetsought's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on chuck's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.