Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Confession - I'm So Tired of Fighting with My Natural Hair!

Shikamaru

May 7, 2011
Peace and Blessings Family,

I am sooooo tired of fighting with my natural hair!

It is an absolute fight! It's so long and thick and nappy and unruly and a chore for me!

Destee
I wish I could fight with my hair :).

It surrendered and withdrew from the field.

spicybrown

Oct 21, 2005
Don't give up and give in to temptation! I wished like crazy my hair were more kinky, like... 4c kinky. Although I am a 4a/3c, my hair type sucks monkey balls, LOL. In it's kinky state, it's too thin to do all the schnazzy natural styles and big curly blown-out looking afros... when flat ironed or pressed, it's too wispy. PLUS, it grows slower than molasses, and having to keep the ends trimmed neat does my hair length no justice.. I've seriously pondered big-chopping again... last time was in Nov '06... simply put, it's safe to say I shaved all my relaxed hair off at that time, which was all my hair. It's flat ironed right now, but I usually do the two-strand twists and leave them in until it becomes wispy, which usually happens after 2 weeks. Or a slicked-back ponytail works. One thing I won't do is go back to relaxers.

blackeyes

May 14, 2003
South,Ga
Don't give up and give in to temptation! I wished like crazy my hair were more kinky, like... 4c kinky. Although I am a 4a/3c, my hair type sucks monkey balls, LOL. In it's kinky state, it's too thin to do all the schnazzy natural styles and big curly blown-out looking afros... when flat ironed or pressed, it's too wispy. PLUS, it grows slower than molasses, and having to keep the ends trimmed neat does my hair length no justice.. I've seriously pondered big-chopping again... last time was in Nov '06... simply put, it's safe to say I shaved all my relaxed hair off at that time, which was all my hair. It's flat ironed right now, but I usually do the two-strand twists and leave them in until it becomes wispy, which usually happens after 2 weeks. Or a slicked-back ponytail works. One thing I won't do is go back to relaxers.
...No you don't.lol Maybe it not the kinkyness/non-kinkyness but that your strands are really fine.

spicybrown

Oct 21, 2005
...No you don't.lol Maybe it not the kinkyness/non-kinkyness but that your strands are really fine.
Maybe so... my hair is much finer in the back (3c), and up front it's way more kinky... trying to pull it back into a ponytail makes my hair look like a mushroom from the front, unless it's wet/damp before I pull it back. I know for a fact that I'd be much more satisfied if it was at least mid-back length. I tried attaching those shells to the end of my twisties, and them things were flinging all over the place... like a schoolgirl with beads.

monife

Feb 26, 2012
Esat London
Occupation
POET
Peace and Blessings Family,

I am sooooo tired of fighting with my natural hair!

It is an absolute fight! It's so long and thick and nappy and unruly and a chore for me!

I have always been way lazy about my hair, doing as little as possible to keep it looking some kinda way decent ... and Lawd Lawd Lawd ... with it being natural, it takes so much more work! It's almost a full time job!

It has a mind of its own! It does what it wants! It acts like it's running thangz ... i mean ... really ... how you gonna run the whole show hair!?!

I have thought of perms many a day here lately!

I've been natural for 5 years (at least), so it aint like i aint tried.

I've not put any heat in my hair all of these years ... not even a blow dryer!

I do want to know what God intended, when giving us this hair. I believe with my whole heart there is a blessing in it, but i aint found it yet!

I'm not saying i'm giving up ... but i'm tired ... my hair has me on the ropes ... :lol:

Okay ... i'm done venting ... thank you ... :love:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee
Destee, don't ever relax your hair. It looks so beautiful, with a natural Afro Puff. Black Pride.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.
Hello to you dear, how are you doing ?
Yummy0 wrote on 1poetsought's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on chuck's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.