Computers - Software Hardware : Computer Support Technician

shiva satyala

Nov 22, 2018
In a contemporary intelligence and with the rise of the global tech world, the role of desktop support technician is inevitable. A Desktop Support Technician is a professional, called when something goes erroneous with a desktop computer in their organization or at their designated field site.

They help in troubleshooting the issue for organizations to maintain the functionality of the system to be in line with business goals. Predominantly they are responsible for installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of required software and hardware whether onsite or remotely, for client or colleagues. Desktop Support Technician is known as one of the backbones of IT organization. They are also accountable for groundwork, installation, and maintenance of end user workstation equipment (laptops/ desktops) and additional peripherals including IP telephones.

The maintenance activities will comprise the removal and replacement of computer devices. Working with computer vendor technical support desks and allied services as per the organizational procedures. The technician is involved in the set-up of software and hardware on various types of operating systems like Windows, Unix, Linux, and many more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Destee Computers - Software Hardware : How To Wipe a Computer of All Your Personal Data Science and Technology 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Computer Owners Urged to Do This Today Science and Technology 1
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : computer-science-experts-recommend-hillary-clinton-challenge-election-results Black People Politics 3
HODEE Black Education / Schools : President Barack Obama launched Computer Science for All initiative Black Education / Schools 14
R Black Poetry : aving computer frictions with superstitions think I'm superman // with stats plans and end up as BAT Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
ceebee Support : Computer Problems? Ask a question Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 32
Kemetstry Science and Technology : QUANTUM COMPUTER BREAK THROUGH? Science and Technology 0
Gorilla Science and Technology : Exploit Exercises - Computer Security Learning Resource Science and Technology 1
crwn Science and Technology : There’s a chance your Windows computer is being hacked right now Science and Technology 2
jamesfrmphilly Science and Technology : Victoria’s Secret model Lyndsey Scott’s passion? Computer programming Science and Technology 0
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : MITx: 6.00.1x Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Science and Technology 4
jamesfrmphilly Computers - Software Hardware : NSA intercepts computer deliveries to plant spyware Science and Technology 0
RAPTOR Black People : WikiLeaks' Julian Assange Calls on Computer Hackers to Unite Against NSA Surveillance Black People Open Forum 0
jamesfrmphilly Computers - Software Hardware : Intel's open-source Galileo computer on sale for $69.90 Science and Technology 1
Alarm Clock African American History Culture : Marcus Garvey's Birthday today; His thoughts on Global Black America in the computer age? African American History Culture 1
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : Interactive - How to Think Like a Computer Scientist (Python) Science and Technology 14
Alarm Clock Kenya : Kenyan Company Invents New Type of Computer Modem Kenya 3
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Zapp & Roger - Computer Love Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Shikamaru Computers - Software Hardware : Gesture control of your computer - the Leap Science and Technology 0
Shikamaru Computers - Software Hardware : I can't afford a computer is no longer an excuse ... Science and Technology 1
Keita Kenyatta Black People : First Human Infected with a Computer Virus Black People Open Forum 0
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : Raspberry Pi - An ARM Computer for $25 Science and Technology 19
candeesweet Audio Video Web Conferencing : Computer Love (Remix) - Zapp feat Charlie Wilson Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Feather Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Zapp & Roger Computer Love (BEST QUALITY) + DL Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : DIY Computer Science (Learning Community): The Elements of Computing Systems Science and Technology 1
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Computer Love...Zapp & Roger Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
Destee Computers - Software Hardware : How Much Do You Know About Your Computer Science and Technology 18
Destee Computers - Software Hardware : What is the Hierarchy of Computer / Internet Technology? Science and Technology 40
Ankhur Black People : Brain-computer Interface Toys for Children? Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : Computer age George Washington Carvers would be of great help to Africa!!! Black People Open Forum 0
river Science and Technology : Cat Got My Computer's Tongue Science and Technology 11
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : Computer Luv Bug Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
river Science and Technology : Norton is Hiding on My Computer Science and Technology 35
D Other computer uses... Black Parenting 5
river Science and Technology : Is My Computer Dying? Science and Technology 13
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : COMPUTER BLISS Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
C Black Education / Schools : Microsoft Graduate Fellowship Program For Computer Science Majors Black Education / Schools 0
T African American History Culture : Experts computer generated picture of what king tut looked like... African American History Culture 0
M Black People : Brain cells fused with computer chips Black People Open Forum 2
S Black Poetry : COMPUTER RENDEZ-VOUS....... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 33
D Black People : GOVERNMENT & COMPUTER MFGS. CAUGHT INSTALLING...... Black People Open Forum 18
$$RICH$$ Science and Technology : Moving files and documents from one computer to the next Science and Technology 2
$$RICH$$ Science and Technology : Computer Question? Science and Technology 12
anAfrican Science and Technology : Book: Computer Security For the Home and Small Office Science and Technology 0
AHMOSE Science and Technology : Computer Firewalls Science and Technology 2
M Black Poetry : Better on my computer so like J. Edgar Hoover secure my fate Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
D Black Haiku : computer error messages Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
K Black People : Installing L O V E in our computer Black People Open Forum 5
A Black People : MASTER/SLAVE COMPUTER LINGO? Black People Open Forum 11
$$RICH$$ Black People : computer lovers (what) Black People Open Forum 5