Black Sports : Colin Kaepernick Isn’t Being Blackballed Because He Knelt for Anthem - Rule violates 1st Amendment

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009
The Seven Lamest Excuses Black Folk are Using to Watch the NFL this Year

... THIS IS ABOUT WEAK *** BLACK PEOPLE

As a Black man that could have been Philando Castile, married to my Black Wife that could have been Sandra Bland, with Black children that could have been Tamir Rice, I feel like I’m in the f*cking twilight zone and can’t understand why we are even debating if whether or not we should be supporting the NFL when it has been reported several times that the league itself has persuaded owners to steer clear of Kaepernick ...

B. Warren

Husband. Father. Creator. Hope Dealer. Que. @bwarrendotcom on EVERYTHING.
Aug 9

I won't be straddling the fence on this one either. I've picked sides.

HODEE

Jul 2, 2003
( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
Occupation
(RF) Technician
https://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nfl-fight-with-colin-kaepernick-is-ridiculous.html/?a=viewall
The NFL’s Fight With Colin Kaepernick is Ridiculous: Here’s Why
We’re not saying these guys are awful (okay, some are). We’re just saying that some of the quarterbacks who signed with NFL teams this offseason do not measure up to Kaepernick. He could at least be a backup, and the stats demonstrate this. He’s better than many (if not almost all) of the likely backup quarterbacks in the NFL.

As the only free agent QB who’s participated in a Super Bowl, Kaepernick ended the 2016 season with a total quarterback rating of 90.7. In 12 games, he completed 59.2% of his passes for 2,241 yards with 16 touchdowns. He had just four interceptions. And he did all that with arguably the worst roster of his NFL career. Additionally, he beat QBs like Eli Manning, Carson Palmer, and Philip Rivers in passer rating.
Did he do it to himself?
The many ways Kaepernick receives hate
Let us count the ways…

For every stat we can show to argue for Kaepernick’s case, we can find another morsel of locker room chatter or news bite that explains why he’s on the outside looking in. Here are some of the ways the QB faces a world of hate thus far in his career:

• Lack of preparation before games
    • Lack of leadership and development
    • His “bad boy” persona (tattoos, pictures with rappers — not a clean-cut QB)
    • Did not perform up the standards of his big contract (a six-year $126-million contract extension)
    • His alleged sexual assault charges (which were never filed)
    • And finally, he kneeled for the National Anthem
The Baltimore Ravens have reportedly stated:

We are going through a process, and we have not made a decision. Steve Bisciotti has not told us we cannot sign Colin Kaepernick, nor has he blocked the move. Whoever is making those claims is wrong.

Good Luck COLIN!

HODEE

Jul 2, 2003
( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
Occupation
(RF) Technician
http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/17/jermichael-finley-baby-mama-you-are-black/

CONTROVERSY
Vic, and others are not helping Colin with their ... can't wait to speak if you shove a MIC in my beak!

Jermichael Finley's baby mama just WENT OFF on the former NFL tight end for trashing guys like Marshawn Lynch and Colin Kaepernick over their protests ... telling him, "You are black!"

The ex-Green Bay Packer really pissed off his ex, Courtney Finley, with comments he made on social media and TMZ Sports ... when he said the national anthem protests are more about self-promotion than social justice.

Courtney, who is white, blasted the guy in a scathing Twitter post saying ...

"This serves as a reminder @jermichaelf88 in case you have forgotten; you are black."

"The athletes (foremost people) you are telling to sit down (or stand) and shut up are the very men that are protesting for your safety and equality in a country that has nearly revoked that right based on your skin color."

"As a biracial mother of 4 black boys, that have been left to be raised by a single mother, I have deep and desperate gratitude for those that use their platform to fight for our community's justice, safety, & equality."

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Colin Kaepernick to have exhibit at National Museum of African American History and Culture

Jordan Schultz
Shutdown CornerAug 18, 2017, 11:04 AM

... This comes on the heels of the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and Culture collecting Kaepernick’s jersey, which was worn during one of his national anthem protests, along with other clothing items to be displayed in an exhibit ...

Video ... 4:08
https://sports.yahoo.com/colin-kaepernick-exhibit-national-museum-african-american-history-culture-160414439.html

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart: