Black People Politics : Colin Kaepernick Ends National Anthem Kneeling Protest

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
Dozens of Americans joined the athlete in the movement fighting racism, discrimination, police brutality and economic inequality.

Colin Kaepernick ended his kneeling protest against police brutality and will stand during the national anthem next season, reports ESPN.

From ESPN:

Kaepernick no longer wants his method of protest to detract from the positive change he believes has been created, sources told ESPN. He also said the amount of national discussion on social inequality — as well as support from other athletes nationwide, including NFL and NBA players — affirmed the message he was trying to deliver.

Read more

https://newsone.com/3685031/san-fra...em-kneeling-protest-against-police-brutality/

sekou kasimu

PanAfrikanist Revolutionary
PREMIUM MEMBER
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
sowetomovement.blogspot.com
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
Dozens of Americans joined the athlete in the movement fighting racism, discrimination, police brutality and economic inequality.

Colin Kaepernick ended his kneeling protest against police brutality and will stand during the national anthem next season, reports ESPN.

From ESPN:

Kaepernick no longer wants his method of protest to detract from the positive change he believes has been created, sources told ESPN. He also said the amount of national discussion on social inequality — as well as support from other athletes nationwide, including NFL and NBA players — affirmed the message he was trying to deliver.

Read more

https://newsone.com/3685031/san-fra...em-kneeling-protest-against-police-brutality/
So what is the issue or question?

baller

Jan 28, 2001
the near north
Not to speak for Kaep, but this was probably an attempt to remake his image...given that he was leaving the niners, and knew teams didn't like controversy surrounding incoming players. Obviously, it did not work. Had he rebuilt his stats on the field, it would have played more in his favor. As it is, teams (claim) to see an unproductive QB, who wants attention. At least, that's the excuse for not signing him. It will be interesting, given today's atmosphere surrounding that controversy, to see if he'll be picked up later in the season.

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Baller, you don't believe Kap was being authentic when he kneeled? You think it was all fake?

My question would be, if someone believes so strongly about an injustice that they would risk a lot by kneeling when the national anthem is played, why would you stop kneeling before the issue is resolved and the injustice is dismantled? Drawing attention to an issue and starting people talking about it deserves long-term commitment until the acts of injustice are eradicated. (My opinion.)

baller

Jan 28, 2001
the near north
NNQueen, that's not what I said. Yes, I think he was sincere in his protest. I also believe he realized that his career was going to suffer...and wanted to straighten the ship, if you will. When he began the protest, I don't think he thought it was going to effect his career in any negative way; the NFL doesn't have any rules around standing for the anthem. There was no reason for them to get upset because of what he did. However, when it became negative, in the press, he had to think about what that was going to do to his livelihood...especially, after SF.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Alvin Kamara wears 'Make Africa Home Again' hat, Colin Kaepernick jersey in Saints locker room Black Sports 1
OldSoul Black People : Colin Kaepernick - 7 mins in his own words you must hear! Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Colin Kaepernick honored by ACLU, given award for courageous advocacy Black People Doing Positive Things 3
IFE Black Sports : Michael Vick “truly sorry for what I said” about Colin Kaepernick Black Sports 1
Chevron Dove Black Christians : TEBOWING: Tim Tebow & Colin Kaepernick~ 2 NFL CHRISTIANS on Their Knees For A Cause Christian Study Group 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Colin Kaepernick Isn’t Being Blackballed Because He Knelt for Anthem - Rule violates 1st Amendment Black Sports 241
Clyde C Coger Jr Ghana : Colin Kaepernick Celebrates His Quest For True 'Independence' On Trip to Ghana Ghana 1
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : 70-percent-of-team-execs-genuinely-hate-colin-kaepernick Black People Politics 41
Liberty Black People Politics : Colin Kaepernick Jumps Into Campaign to Get Food to Somalis on Brink of Starvation Black People Politics 3
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : colin-kaepernick-praises-fidel-castro Black Sports 9
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Colin Kaepernick Just Started A Black Panther-Inspired Youth Camp Black People Doing Positive Things 4
jamesfrmphilly Black People : Colin Powell shares a 60-year-old selfie Black People Open Forum 10
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Colin Powell endorses Obama for a second term Black People Politics 4
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Analysis: Listen to Colin Powell, Mr. President Black People Politics 4
Fine1952 Black People : ...and now a word from Colin Powell Black People Open Forum 18
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : Colin Powell endorses Sen. Obama Black People Politics 18
Therious Black People : Colin Powell for VP? Black People Open Forum 7
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Condoleeze Rice And Colin Powell, Afrikan american Conformist Chief Elder Osiris 1
M Haiti : Colin Powell's Crime in Progress (Haiti) Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 0
Queenie Pan Africanism : Bush and Colin African American History Culture 0
Destee Black People : How Long Can Colin Powell Keep This Up? Black People Open Forum 3
Kemetstry Black Sports : NFL & KAEPERNICK DONE WITH EACH OTHER ? Black Sports 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Dave Chappelle jokes about Louis C.K., Trump, and Kaepernick in 2 Netflix specials Black Entertainment 1
Kemetstry Law Forum : KAEPERNICK FILES GRIEVANCE Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 25
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : Kaepernick refuses to stand for anthem.... Black Sports 104
chuck Black People Politics : Always the MEANS must JUSTIFY the ENDS!! Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : 20 Foods You Need to Eat Before Summer Ends Black Health and Wellness 0
chuck The Front Porch : the means must justify the ends too The Front Porch 0
cherryblossom Black Entertainment : Loose Ends Black Entertainment 6
Gorilla Black Atheists : A Year Without God - A Pastor Ends Losing Job Over an Experiment Atheist Study Group 0
S Black Poetry : "Ends and Means": Poor Babies part 2 (the sequel). Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : Loose Ends - Hangin' On A String Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
info-moetry Audio Video Web Conferencing : Loose Ends - Choose Me Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Loose Ends - You Can't Stop The Rain.. Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
ru2religious Black Entertainment : Loose Ends - Black Entertainment 0
ru2religious Black Entertainment : Loose Ends - Hangin On A String Black Entertainment 0
cherryblossom Black Poetry : Making Them Ends Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
P Zimbabwe : Witchcraft ban ends in Zimbabwe Zimbabwe 0
PoeticManifesta Black People : Do you have the right to vote? Voting act 1965.. ends Aug 2006.... Black People Open Forum 16
Destee Black People : Search for WMDs in Iraq Ends Black People Open Forum 2
rasheed Black Poetry : WHEN THE PARTY ENDS Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
dnommo Black Poetry : I struggle to grasp the ends of my Timbs..(ENOUGH'S ENOUGH) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 23