Black People : COINTELPRO: The FBI's War on Black America

Please Donate

I need your help. destee.com will be 25 years old in October and I don't know that we'll make it. It is hard to keep us alive right now. Our costs have only increased over the years. We have all put our love into this community, but love is not enough to keep the lights on. destee.com needs your financial help too. We are the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world. Please help us remain. Click the Donate button below or CashApp $8664destee - Thank you.

Nakeone

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 11, 2012
NYC
Occupation
Technician
:toast:
Nakeone ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Did you actually get to hear Malcolm X preaching on a corner, or are you speaking of those times, having heard others?

I agree ... that would have to be the absolute kewlest thing ... to actually witness Malcolm X preaching on a corner!

I don't remember seeing a Brother preaching on a corner ... not of Malcolm's caliber ... no ... i can't say i have.

I have though, listened to many a great Brother right here on the Internet, who demonstrate much wisdom.

The Internet has it's cons, but it has it's pros too. It's a great tool, giving us all opportunities to speak to each other.

Of course i'm a bit biased i reckon ... but i like it ... :)

Times change ... Our Beloved Malcolm X is an Ancestor now ... we must make the best of what we have before us.

Yeah ... folk will try to get in the way ... they come from all sides ... but we must continue moving forward.

Thanks for Sharing ... here on the Internet ... with us ... :love:

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Oh no! : ))) I'm too Young to have experienced Brother Malcolm X live in person. So i am referring to that time. And yes, times have changed. And the internet is another tool that can be utilized regardless of the freedom haters. But i do appreciate your warm welcome!!!!

Ankhur

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
This is a recent phenomenon in the community

It was COINTELPRO's plan to get young Black folks to purchase music celebrating the selling of drugs and selling young women into prostitution.
During the end of the Afrocentric period vehemently attacked by COINTELPRO, there were over 15 gangs in NYC and only 5% of the homicides we see today with only 4 Black gangs in NYC.

As stated it was learned behavior at a particular time;

The murder rates,
school fights,
children selling crack,
families brocken by drugs,
6 thousand dollar gold chains,
and music glorifying fratricide all started at a particular time in the Black community, and as Congress woman Maxine Waters stated the community after Iran Contra was inundated with advanced high tech weaponry,
and so much cocaine that freebase could be sold cheeply on the streets as crack.

According to Oxford scholar, Black historian Chancellor Williams drugs were one of the major tools used to destroy the Black movement;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiV0Mmi0VpE&feature=player_embedded

acording to ex FBI Dr Tyrone Powers, COINTELPRO is alive well and new and improved with new strategies and technologies;http:
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdUCGVIVL8o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAsy_0NzAsU

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
PREMIUM MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Very true. The internet i thought once can be used as a tool for us but it's the same ole' same ole'. They watch you in the street and they watch you here. I miss the old fashioned street corner preaching that Malcolm X did. He sent a message and people had to listen. That on-looking White boy who would pass by would love to discredit it or interrupt it but he couldn't and it killed him. But on-line, he can go to work on a subject or leader with no restrictions. He can pose as a Black man or Whiteman. It's similar to a cop breaking up a gathering of Black folk talking in public. They can't have you getting too deep and confident. It may lead to something. It must be interrupted. It is no surprise that when we speak of pure logic and pure common sense that some troll pops posing as a Black man or woman and is puzzled or in disagreement with the subject matter. "It must be interrupted".
If someone can figure out a way to create an unstoppable wave of nationalism and focus in our people that increases in intensity when interrupted i would consider them a genius. When sell-outs and traders get frustrated and fired by their puppeteers. lol! That would make our ancestors skin and grin in their graves.
They watch the White nationalist too but i think they watch them because they are not considered bright or subtle enough as them. They both share the same agenda. Oppression and White rule. One smiles and one growls.

Good points.

Chevron Dove

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 7, 2009
Very true. The internet i thought once can be used as a tool for us but it's the same ole' same ole'. They watch you in the street and they watch you here. I miss the old fashioned street corner preaching that Malcolm X did. He sent a message and people had to listen. That on-looking White boy who would pass by would love to discredit it or interrupt it but he couldn't and it killed him. But on-line, he can go to work on a subject or leader with no restrictions. He can pose as a Black man or Whiteman. It's similar to a cop breaking up a gathering of Black folk talking in public. They can't have you getting too deep and confident. It may lead to something. It must be interrupted. It is no surprise that when we speak of pure logic and pure common sense that some troll pops posing as a Black man or woman and is puzzled or in disagreement with the subject matter. "It must be interrupted".
If someone can figure out a way to create an unstoppable wave of nationalism and focus in our people that increases in intensity when interrupted i would consider them a genius. When sell-outs and traders get frustrated and fired by their puppeteers. lol! That would make our ancestors skin and grin in their graves.
They watch the White nationalist too but i think they watch them because they are not considered bright or subtle enough as them. They both share the same agenda. Oppression and White rule. One smiles and one growls.

Man! Please keep talking!

...Some ole troll pops up posing as a Black man or woman... It's frustrating but after awhile I just got to laugh. And you know brother, you will draw a lot of trolls acting as your brother, because you got it going on!

You don't know how many times I been 'interupted' when in a disagreement with a brother or sister in this very forum and some ole troll acting White person will just be in the d$#b mix. I recognize how some 'pro-Black' posters are so adamant about certain topics and end up agreeing with the trolls they profess to detest, and sometimes, I just laugh. I laugh at myself sometimes too, when I finally realize that I'm addressing certain topics and suddenly realize I am interchanging with a f'n troll! Man! that's really pisses me off!

But in the end, I believe that this forum can be just as affective as Malcom X had been. I think because of 'the enemy that exist within us' this has caused us to have to bring some issues out in the public forum anyway and deal with them. I believe that some 'troll' issues are now so blatant and travel amongst AFricans that we are just going to have to press forward anyway but, I too would have loved to be apart of that experience in which a troll couldn't say anything and I so strongly believe that one day, we will get back to that kind of an environment.

Nakeone

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 11, 2012
NYC
Occupation
Technician
Man! Please keep talking!

...Some ole troll pops up posing as a Black man or woman... It's frustrating but after awhile I just got to laugh. And you know brother, you will draw a lot of trolls acting as your brother, because you got it going on!

You don't know how many times I been 'interupted' when in a disagreement with a brother or sister in this very forum and some ole troll acting White person will just be in the d$#b mix. I recognize how some 'pro-Black' posters are so adamant about certain topics and end up agreeing with the trolls they profess to detest, and sometimes, I just laugh. I laugh at myself sometimes too, when I finally realize that I'm addressing certain topics and suddenly realize I am interchanging with a f'n troll! Man! that's really pisses me off!

But in the end, I believe that this forum can be just as affective as Malcom X had been. I think because of 'the enemy that exist within us' this has caused us to have to bring some issues out in the public forum anyway and deal with them. I believe that some 'troll' issues are now so blatant and travel amongst AFricans that we are just going to have to press forward anyway but, I too would have loved to be apart of that experience in which a troll couldn't say anything and I so strongly believe that one day, we will get back to that kind of an environment.

I do agree with you. At first that got me mad but then i had to back up and realize that certain things i will just discuss with my brothas and sistahs in person. You can't be a troll in person. I know there are powers and white people with no real power that come on here hatin. If i get fed up i'll just focus on my life and my kids and check out this site from time to time.

Latest profile posts

2022 Has started and I hope everyone is having a safe and protected journey as we navigate this game of life
during this pandemic. We are not easily defeated so protect your momentum at all times. One Love.
Kemetstry wrote on Cindy's profile.
Why are you following me?
Destee wrote on Jahari Kavi's profile.
Hi Brother @Jahari Kavi ... Welcome Home! Good to see you! YAAAAAY Us! :love:
Destee wrote on Orisons's profile.
Hi Brother @Orisons ... good to see you in the house, stay safe always please :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister! :kiss: :love: :kiss: