Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Change the Negative Imagery of Black Men

Hermetic

May 30, 2015
I am fine with the idea of using the media to combat certain stereotypes of my brothers. Unfortunately, the one drop of pristine water will be overwhelmed by the pool of waste water. The negative stereotypes displayed about our people are too easy to find throughout our communities. We really need a shift in paradigm within our communities that focus more on substance instead of flash.

SouthsideIrish

Banned
Jun 16, 2013
Chicago
Comparing the plumbers crack of a working man to guys walkin around with pants strapped 6 inches above their knees.

It's so insane I don't have a response for it.

carbonite

Banned
Nov 22, 2015
"Conceived by Harlem based Marquelle Turner-Gilchrist, who is an assistant buyer for a luxury fashion company, he says that he came up with the idea for the series to “show the diversity and strength of black males”."

Great idea! I would love to see this happen and become nationally widespread. The image shift would verify and validate the diversity of black males who are not part of the silly-sagging-juvenile-thug-culture image that is so pervasive. This tragic image has become the expected (and for good reasons since it's in front of your eyes) norm and seen as a part of the young black male DNA (and no...they are not the only ones doing it!). I think this brother is on to something that is much needed. The diversity of the black male image is desperately needed.....

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍
1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.
I want my people to be aware of this dilemma regarding the upcoming election... I know politics. Yes Trump is admitting the truth about Black People building this so called country corporation (The United States). But you must understand that what they're planning on doing is to divide and conquer. This is all just for him to get re-elected. He's going to promise reparations and reneg at the last minute.
Ifypedro334 wrote on Jasica Adam's profile.
The best gift to give a baby boy is ??
Lon
Trying to find my way around on this forum. It's not User Friendly