Nigeria : Challenging Nigeria's sexual taboos

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
SAMURAI36 said:
Precisely, which is the source of the entire problem.

It's next to impossible to change the mindstate about sex, when the religious mindstate that predominates and dictates it remains unchanged, and nearly unchangeable.

PEACE
That's true. Thee's no way they can embrace a liberal stance on sexuality without embracing a liberal stance on Islam and that is an irreconcilable oxymoron.

But I wonder will they be able to strike a balance at free attitudes within comitted relationships or will they like Americans take it to the extreme of total immorality? That remains to be seen.

SAMURAI36

Banned
Mar 3, 2005
Bay Area
True indeed Queen.

Not to mention Catholicism on the other end of the equation......These 2 religions running Nigeria, spells D-E-F-E-A-T for this sexual revolution of theirs.

But I swear, if I hear another "God Fearing" statement from another Nigerian, I think I'm gonna scream.

PEACE

Deepvoice

Apr 16, 2005
Say it isn't so lawd, say it isn't so!?! I hope Africans aren't becoming as perverted as other European nations and why do people keep talking about a gay gene? They can't even find a gene that determines race, but they can find one about homosexuality, which a person can change depending on their mood that day?

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
SAMURAI36 said:
True indeed Queen.

Not to mention Catholicism on the other end of the equation......These 2 religions running Nigeria, spells D-E-F-E-A-T for this sexual revolution of theirs.

But I swear, if I hear another "God Fearing" statement from another Nigerian, I think I'm gonna scream.

PEACE
Unfortunately it's the God fearing statements that drive positive movements like this right past the happy medium and on to anything goes.

For every action...you know the rest. The extreme views of the religious right will lead to an equal and opposite reaction. Unfortunately. Unless our girl Dorothy is strong enought to steer the movement away from being a mere reaction and respond intelligently.

fanyamambo

Aug 19, 2004
Quote:
"If people want and believe in sexual pleasure," she says, "they will know that battering a woman is certainly not romantic and isn't one of the ways of achieving pleasure. So teaching sexual pleasure may be one way of ensuring women aren't beaten in their own homes." "

Isn't this a very simplistic view of domestic violence? Teaching sexual pleasure may ensure that women are not beaten in their homes??? Doubtful.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.