Amun-Ra : Celibacy at Issue?

Amun-Ra

Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
Didn't mention the Catholic Bible

I didn't mention it the Catholic Bible--you did--in the vernacular--the Bible is usually considered the KJV--and the point still is the Catholic church determined what was in that Bible and still has access to the documentation--and the Bible that is argued is the Protestant Bible--yes, the Catholic Bible has many books, gospels and even records that have never seen the general light of day, but it does not override the fact that the Bible the Protestant world uses came from the Catholic church.

I never did get to finish this post--the net died and along with it--my PC. I was going to say we have a live one in Mike Ramey and that is good to see. It seems like your are the only one who will come out here and say anything about religion be it positive or negative. Hopefully, we can keep this going. It helps me think and when I speak in public, it keeps me fresh--plus, I always learn something new from these exchanges.

By the way, I just picked up on some interesting reading concerning suicide and martyrdom. An interesting piece saying that perhaps Jesus committed suicide. At first this seemed a rather silly thing to postulate and then the reasoning behind made me think.

Suicide is the willful taking of one's own life. If we accept that definition, it is clear that any taking of one's own life in Biblical context would be a sin. The author contends that since Jesus actually had the power to change the outcome of the crucifixion, that he committed suicide by doing nothing to stop it. Of course, the other side of that argument is that, perhaps, he had no power to stop it, in which case as part of the Holy Trinity makes him either entirely human with no power, the son of God with miraculous powers but no power over that situation which throws us back to the first case or he knowingingly withheld his powers and thus assisted in the taking of his own life--suicide.

I thought I was going to laugh at first and then the more I thought about it, th emore I realized that there is room here for substantitive argument. Have you seen this one?

Ra

Astrologer4U

Oct 18, 2008
California
Occupation
Self Employed
I saw someone mention R. Kelly, I think the issue with him as well as other men like him is, they tend to think that if a female child is physically developed like a grown up woman, that makes her a woman. R. Kelly is a selfish man in the physical, but he is a child in the mind. This does not justify his behaviour, but it just goes to show that a man who desires a child has to be suffering with some kind of mental distortion which has caused him not to mentally grow up and therefore, a grown woman is an intimidation for him.

In this video, a man who used to be friends with R Kelly Say's R, Kelly watched his daughter grow up and when his daughter made the age 20, R.Kelly got with the girl behind his back. All though his daughter is age 20, he Say's that mentally his daughter was 15 in the mind because she was vulnerable. Which brings me to this question, at what age does a a girl become a woman? In America, 18 is considered an adult but an 18 year old can not go to the bar. Age 21 is when one is considered full adult enough to go to the bar but does that really make them an adult because they can now legally buy alcohol beverages?

Check out his wife, she don't seem like she all the way there either...

In this video R Kelly brother says that his brother can't read, write comprehend that he is illiterate.

I said all of that to say this, how do we as a society learn to detect when a man or a woman has a distorted mind, that heavily borders on childhood, or teenage hood if you will? And, how do we as a society prevent distorted minds from coming into existence? Also, how do we determind what is of age?

If we can not cover those issues, pedophiles will always exist and as long as they exist, we as a society will not be able to defeat them if we don't know how to detect them or prevent them from coming into existence. We all played some kind of roll in these kinds of situations. Some of us have family members who knew about uncles in the family doing things to one of the female young girls and and they said or did nothing about it.

Da Street So'ja

Banned
Jun 11, 2001
where failure is not an option
Occupation
thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
YOU MAKE THE GREATEST POINT YET

I said all of that to say this, how do we as a society learn to detect when a man or a woman has a distorted mind,
but what does a society do when distortion is promoted as "normal"
or just "being yourself"

you're talking my language with your insight here A4U

this fix goes deeper than then just a vulnerable teenager, because a
vulnerable teenager or adult can get involved in more than sex out there

so when you say detect? who does the detection?
what are we to do when the very people we go to for help are the very people engaged in this types of behavior?

:thinking:

Astrologer4U

Oct 18, 2008
California
Occupation
Self Employed
but what does a society do when distortion is promoted as "normal"
or just "being yourself"

you're talking my language with your insight here A4U

this fix goes deeper than then just a vulnerable teenager, because a
vulnerable teenager or adult can get involved in more than sex out there

so when you say detect? who does the detection?
what are we to do when the very people we go to for help are the very people engaged in this types of behavior?

:thinking:
There is probably nothing we can do, this pedophile behavior has been taking place for centuries. African men marry young girls and they even marry several young girls at one time. Not all Africans practice this but some of them do. So even amongst the African culture, this is happening. The ones who practice marrying young girls, for them, it is normal. The young girls who marry these men, to them it is also normal because that is all they know until another distorted society goes and pushes that their behavior is wrong. Meanwhile, the distorted society is doing worse things because they are not even marrying the young girls, they are just molesting them and having their way with them. Which goes back to this, at what age does a young girl become a woman, what age is appropriate for womanhood? It used to be that as soon as a young woman starts her menstruation, she is considered a woman. In some African cultures, a rights of passage is practiced for the men. After the rights of passage is complete at the age 12 a boy is now a man. It used to be that a girl had to know certain things, a rights of passage, before she was considered a woman as well. Now age is the only factor which determinds adulthood. Then you have those who preech that age does not matter. We are all distorted and jacked the heck up, none of us know what we are talking about...:qqb016:

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: