Black Women : CaShawn Thompson - Started a movement with #BlackGirlMagic

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
How one woman started a Movement with BlackGirlMagic

Little did CaShawn Thompson know when she tweeted #BlackGirlsAreMagic back in 2013 that she was starting a nationwide conversation. She was just one black woman responding to what she saw as a disturbing trend. Five years and lots of press later — including posts on HuffPo, CNN and the LA Times — she reflects on where the #BlackGirlMagic revolution began.

1. How one woman started a movement with #BlackGirlMagic - The ...
    https://www.godaddy.com/garage/how-one-woman-started-a-movement-with-blackgirlmagic/ - 71k - Cached - Similar pages
    Feb 9, 2018 ... Little did CaShawn Thompson know when she tweeted #BlackGirlsAreMagic back in 2013 that she was starting a nationwide conversation. CaShawn discusses her motivation behind the #BlackGirlMagic movement, and where she hopes to take it moving forward

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
Who Gets To Own Black Girl Magic?

a trademark dispute between Essence and Beverly Bond, the founder of the organization Black Girls Rock! is currently in litigation with trial dates set through March 2018. Essence wants to trademark “Essence Black Girl Magic,” and Bond is attempting to trademark “Black Girl Magic

What about CaShawn Thompson?

07A5942B-6A51-4611-82E0-155AAA844973.jpeg

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
Why everyone's saying 'Black Girls are Magic'

I say ‘magic’ because it’s something that people don’t always understand,” Thompson said in a phone interview with The Times. “Sometimes our accomplishments might seem to come out of thin air, because a lot of times, the only people supporting us are other black women.

Why everyone's saying 'Black Girls are Magic' - Los Angeles Times
http://www.latimes.com/nation/natio...black-girls-are-magic-20150909-htmlstory.html - 289k - Cached - Similar pages

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kemetstry Black Sports : R.I.P. JOHN THOMPSON Black Sports 0
cherryblossom Audio Video Web Conferencing : PRAYER CHANGES THINGS--Thompson Community Choir Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Zaiyah's House Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : The Spit Factory Recording Studio Presents.... Ernie Thompson Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
Ankhur Black People : If we came out Thompson would have been NYC mayor Black People Open Forum 4
K Black Events : The C.O.W.S. w/ A.C. Thompson Black Events 0
B Black Entertainment : Super Producer Chucky Thompson Produced Emily King Black Entertainment 0
T Destee Network : Art Gallery of Michael Thompson Destee Network : 1
Chyko Black Entertainment : "Kobe So Powerful" - Meek Mill Reveals How The Whole Club Started Chanting Deceased Five-time NBA Champion's Name While He Was Performing In The Club Black Entertainment 0
R Black Poetry : He started to rap bolder then tap her on the shoulder she turned around and he kissed her lips she reminisce with hips her body reverse direction she Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Ndugu Black People : With all these Disasters, maybe its time we restore the National Black Cross, that Garvey started?? Black People Open Forum 0
DDR Black Money Business Jobs : Started an game app business and looking for exposure. Black Money Business Jobs 6
StoryKiller Black Money Business Jobs : Okay, I've started to spend a little money. Looking for foreign Fiverr work Black Money Business Jobs 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Colin Kaepernick Just Started A Black Panther-Inspired Youth Camp Black People Doing Positive Things 4
Chevron Dove Black People : A white officer said she was shot by a black man. Then her story started to unravel. Black People Open Forum 2
Al D Black People : How a Young African Entrepreneur Started Her Own Magazine Black People Open Forum 0
S Black Parenting : Getting Started with Homeschooling. Black Parenting 2
WhatNeedsToBeDone Black People : Members of the African diaspora who went back to Africa and started businesses? Black People Open Forum 8
THE-GOD Black People : "A samuari must have black blood"..who started this foolishness Black People Open Forum 140
Destee Black People : Doomsday Preparation - Have You Considered This and Started? Black People Open Forum 49
Chevron Dove Black Christians : Just Who Started This Aten Movement in the First Place? Christian Study Group 0
Indigo Blues Black People : Queen Afua talks about how she started writing books on health and healing Black People Open Forum 2
L Egypt : Heard chess started in Egypt and by our people Egypt 0
R Black Poetry : Started at Outback Steak House Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
S Science and Technology : Getting started with 2D animation.. Science and Technology 2
A African Traditional Religion : Getting Started With Ifa African Traditional Religion Study Group 18
Onyemobi Black Spirituality Religion : The Prayer That Started the Haitian Revolution Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
Zulile Black Jokes Humor : when the fight started.... Black Jokes Humor 5
King Tubbs Black People : Immortal Technique --"as if my people history started wit slavery"- Leaving the Past Black People Open Forum 8
K Black Short Stories : New story I started Feedback PLz Short Stories - Authors - Writing 3
Destee Brother's Only Chat : Brother's Chat Has Started Black Men 3
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : What Does It Take For Black People To Move Back to Where We Started From ? Chief Elder Osiris 0
Destee Black People : Crack Epedimic Started by CIA ? Black People Open Forum 17
Destee Black People : CLASS HAS STARTED ... Join Us Now! Black People Open Forum 128
Destee Egypt : Have We Started With The Most Difficult? Egypt 32
Destee The Front Porch : How Destee Got Started The Front Porch 16
A Black Poetry : Destee delete all threads started by me except.... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
soulful2006 Black Poetry : Started something you can't finish Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
Destee OldSoul : Class Has Started - Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome! OldSoul 0
Destee Black Spirituality Religion : Class Has Started - Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome! Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
Destee Black Poetry : Class Has Started - Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Destee Black People : Class Has Started - Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome! Black People Open Forum 5
Destee Black Spirituality Religion : Class Has Started! Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 5
Destee Black Poetry : Class Has Started! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Destee Black People : Class Has Started! Black People Open Forum 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Education / Schools : at age 62, i started a college class Black Education / Schools 23
B Black Poetry : Pain...(i was sad and just started writing..i know its bad...) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
J Black Poetry : it started out slow Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
G Black Poetry : What Started With A Kiss Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
D Destee Network : Freelance Writing how do I get started Destee Network : 5
S Black Poetry : Didn't Name It... Just Started Rightin It Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11