Black Relationships : Can You Be Pro Black and Date Outside the Black Race?

Senegal

Jun 7, 2016
Some of my friends were talking about this today and it got heated. My position is that you make a decision on who you choose to date so you cant be 100% committed to the Black race and date someone that is not Black. I see being pro Black as a commitment to the Black race and that commitment starts with choosing a potential partner that is Black. To me its like claiming youre a Baptist but you worship at a Hindu temple. I dont see anything wrong with dating outside your race. I have done it myself. However I know it was a choice I made. No one made me date the person.

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant

Senegal

Jun 7, 2016
I commend you Senegal. I personally believe that irregardless of what any particular race, society or culture says or dictates, interracial relationships and those involved in them should not be viewed or treated any different then any of the other types of relationships that as of late appears to be totally acceptable even "Encouraged" by society.

This song is a sober accounting of a Black man who works in a strip club "Of all places" and is actually ashamed to be seen in public during the day with his White girlfriend.

Go figure.
I can kind of relate. I was never ashamed but I was uncomfortable being seen with blond white women. I dont know why exactly but it bothered me enough to where I stopped and would only date brunettes and they had to have some color to them. Even still I would always see some fine Black woman while I was with a white girl and be like ****! And you know she was givin me that look like "yeah buddy you missin out."

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009
I can kind of relate. I was never ashamed but I was uncomfortable being seen with blond white women. I dont know why exactly but it bothered me enough to where I stopped and would only date brunettes and they had to have some color to them. Even still I would always see some fine Black woman while I was with a white girl and be like ****! And you know she was givin me that look like "yeah buddy you missin out."

That's funny.
I can appreciate your honesty.

brutervrot

Nov 29, 2018
This looks like you don`t appreciate your choice. Ask a question to yourself, does it important your partner's skin color? If it is, so you just wouldn`t be met with "other skin" people, this is just a question of moral valuables. As for me, I had a black GF. She`s great! We met on Meetville. It was awesome, but we just weren't fit each other. So, it made`s a divorce between relatives, but we are still friends! Thereby, try this site meetville.com/catalog/us/cg-1-interracia, maybe this kind of relatives for you, but you haven`t found a fit girl yet?)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Black People : Black On Black Crime Is Pro-Racist Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Issa Rae's Pro-Black Agenda Fights the White Power Structure Black Entertainment 0
Ndugu Black People : Trump has put a Lock Down , on all Pro-active Black Community Convo , online! Black People Open Forum 14
freddie419 Black People : When Black America Was Pro-Police Black People Open Forum 1
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : goodbye-anti-black-black-da-hello-pro-black-white-da Black People Politics 1
R Black People : Your definition of being Pro-Black... Black People Open Forum 23
Thelma Jackson-Smith Black Entertainment : Pro-Black Music Styles Black Entertainment 4
Nakeone Black People : Does Pro-Black mean you hate White people? Black People Open Forum 250
O Black Spirituality Religion : Is Ma'at really pro black...? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 23
Ankhur Black Events : NYC Pro Black no nonsense Radio and HDTV Black Events 2
MsInterpret Black People : Can A White Person Be A Pro-Black Revolutionary? Black People Open Forum 28
Sha'iyn Black Poetry : Pro-Black Attack Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
D Black People : Pro Black Thugs, Pimpin' Revolutionaries and Alien Conspiracies Black People Open Forum 3
P Destee Network : PRO BLACK CONSCIOUS T-SHIRTS Destee Network : 15
$ Black Tennis Pro( Althea GIbson) Honoring Black Ancestors 0
A Black People : Pro Black and Pro Feminist - an oxymoron? Black People Open Forum 84
S Black People : Want to continue to discuss Pro-black thread in private... Black People Open Forum 3
jamesfrmphilly Black People : the pro black rules please............... Black People Open Forum 12
A Black People : Is the Congressional Black Caucus a Target of the Pro-Israel Lobby? Black People Open Forum 0
cocobutterskyn Black Relationships : Pro-black & Interracial relationship... do they mix? Black Relationships 735
HODEE Black Sports : Is A Boycott Of Pro Sports Coming? - They Don't Matter Anymore ... It's Here Black Sports 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Pastor at Pro-Trump conference: 'We've come to declare war' Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
jamesfrmphilly Science and Technology : imac-pro-most-powerful-mac Science and Technology 11
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : Inmate Terrill Thoams dies of thirst in jail run by pro-Trump sheriff Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
S Black People Politics : Libertarians: Pro Corporate & Pro Billionaire Ideology Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Protestors Clash With Police At ‘Pro-White’ Rally In Stone Mountain Park Black People Politics 8
Liberty Law Forum : Abortion: Are You "Pro-Life" or "Pro-Choice"? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 233
shaka64 Black People : Calvin Peete, Pro Golf's 'Mr. Accuracy,' Dies At Age 71 Black People Open Forum 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People : kara walker - pro or con? Black People Open Forum 14
F Health and Wellness : D-P7 - Dental Pro 7 Black Health and Wellness 0
jamesfrmphilly South Africa : meet south africas pro-twerk team South Africa 8
thePreacher Black People : Why is there so little objection to Destee's openly pro-NSA stance? Black People Open Forum 4
jamesfrmphilly Computers - Software Hardware : new MAC pro Science and Technology 17
Alarm Clock Central African Republic : Who is Behind the Military Coup in Bangui? Pro French Central African Republic Coup Leaders Scrap Ch Central African Republic (CAR) 0
legit-writer Black People Politics : Anti-Obamans and Pro-Obamans Black People Politics 45
chuck Black People : Afrocentrism: Pro Or Con? Black People Open Forum 16
Ankhur Black Events : Dr Tyrone Powers speaks on Libya/ Cong Paine, pro mil. action; on first hour, 98.7FM Black Events 0
P Black People : Abortion: pro-choice or pro-life ? Black People Open Forum 20
Ankhur Black People : US in Afghanistan, Pro Dope?/ Anti Dope? Black People Open Forum 7
Ankhur Black People : Pro Active or Reactive? Black People Open Forum 2
thePreacher Black People Politics : Obama's Pro-War Rhetoric Black People Politics 0
S Black People : Racism in Pro Sports.... Black People Open Forum 7
F Black Positive People : From Pro Football to Pro Grape Grower Black People Doing Positive Things 0
K Black Events : RE-SCHEDULE OF INTERVIEW with Pro. Griff of Public Enemy Tue Feb 13 10p east Black Events 0
P Black Sports : Bernard Hopkins 5th pro fight! Black Sports 2
Isaiah Black Sports : PRO FOOTBALL IN LOS ANGELES... Black Sports 2
Isaiah Black Sports : PRO FOOTBALL'S GREATEST TEAMS - IN YOUR ESTIMATION... Black Sports 8
Omowale Jabali Black Entertainment : Joe Pro, Booz, and Party Girls Gone Wild Black Entertainment 2
P Black Sports : Olympic boxers find pro careers hard work Black Sports 3
jamesfrmphilly Science and Technology : pro tools vrs sonar? Science and Technology 17