Black People : Can Black People Be Racist

indya

Aug 4, 2004
Every culture has been enslaved by another. No matter who your ancesters are they have been enslaved and have enslaved others! By your statement no one other than Native Americans should own the land here. Now, does this give Native Americans the right to slaughter everyone to get this continant back? So by your own addmission no one owns land legally here in the US. Native Americans would be justified in killing everyone for what there fathers did, if you were forced here or came willingly. Would you give your home and land up to make things right for them? Or do you feel you are entitled to your home because your family has been here for generations?

I hate to take off your rose colored glasses, but if Afrika was so wonderful the Hutus and Tutsies wouldn't be killing each other because of the tribe they belong to. Now obviously these folks aren't racist against each other, but obviously intollerant of there presence, and would love to dominate and control or erradicate. By the way this is the stated definition of racism.

Personnaly I'm glad to be in this country where we can disagree and not be killed for it. If you traveled outside of the country I think you would realize how good we have it here. There is a long way to go in this country, there is no doubt, racism in this country and will probably always be there. We can be racist, admit it and move on.

Keita Kenyatta

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 7, 2004
i'M GOING TO CONCEDE THAT YOU ARE EITHER YOUNG OR ARE LACKING ALL THE INFORMATION HISTORICALLY AND GEO POLITICALLY CONCERNING WORLD EVENTS. THE HUTU CONFLICT WAS NOY ONLY TRIBAL AS OPPOSED TO RACIAL, BUT WAS INITIATED BY THE WHITE MAN. NOW, AS A STUDENT OR STUDIER OF AFRICAN REALITY, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO TELL ME HOW THE EUROPEAN (WHITE MAN ) PLAYED INTO THAT CONFLICT.

IF YOU CAN NOT, I MUST TERMINATE THIS CONVERSATION, FOR I ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION I ASKED YOU. FOR RACISM HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THIS TOO.

MrBlak

May 18, 2004
We had this discussion in a sociology class I took a couple years back. We agreed with what one writter had decided (dont ask the name):

Visible minorities can be bigoted....but not racist as they dont have the means to act on any racist feelings (bigotry) they may have. Commiting an act of racism requires a certain power.

Isaiah

Jun 8, 2004
indya said:
Every culture has been enslaved by another. No matter who your ancesters are they have been enslaved and have enslaved others! By your statement no one other than Native Americans should own the land here. Now, does this give Native Americans the right to slaughter everyone to get this continant back? So by your own addmission no one owns land legally here in the US. Native Americans would be justified in killing everyone for what there fathers did, if you were forced here or came willingly. Would you give your home and land up to make things right for them? Or do you feel you are entitled to your home because your family has been here for generations?

I hate to take off your rose colored glasses, but if Afrika was so wonderful the Hutus and Tutsies wouldn't be killing each other because of the tribe they belong to. Now obviously these folks aren't racist against each other, but obviously intollerant of there presence, and would love to dominate and control or erradicate. By the way this is the stated definition of racism.

Personnaly I'm glad to be in this country where we can disagree and not be killed for it. If you traveled outside of the country I think you would realize how good we have it here. There is a long way to go in this country, there is no doubt, racism in this country and will probably always be there. We can be racist, admit it and move on.

Sister Indya, I don't have to admit zero, and I was "moved on" long before the convo started(smile!) I told you that I don't believe in no concept such as race, so that should tell you I was LONG AGO MOVED ON... You gots to move from that concept, one constructed for you by the former slavemaster...

Secondly, yes, I do believe that were it decreed that i must give up any land ownership to the Indigenous Peoples of the United States, I would do it, which would preclude the need for bloodshed and killing... The Africans on the continent are doing what should've been done a LONG TiME ago, and that is kicking the European OFF THE CONTINENT, where, as Malcolm said, you must've left your mind... How in hell you talking about how great America is because you can speak your mind without losing your life - and how long has that been, Sista Woman??? I'd of loved to see you speaking your mind down in Alabama and Mississippi without some serious National Guardsmen protecting your behind 44 years ago... You heard of Fannie Lou Hamer, she spoke her mind too, but not without paying a price for doing so... Heard of Ida B. Wells-Barnett, she spoke her mind, too, but she had to get outta town before the lynch mob came and did to her what it had done to her printing press, which they destroyed...

Don't be so quick to spout that my country tis of thee stuff without considering that it is what is because of a lot of blood spilled by our ancestors... Those brothers in Southern African have ASKED those White Farmers to get off the land, and it is precisely because they have been so kind and humble that those white farmers have played themselves.... They believe that these are the same old sweet, humble, loving Africans they've always known, and miscalculated the level of intense feelings of resentment the Africans are feeling about centuries of preferential treatment afforded these foreign invaders... The difference between the Indigenous peoples of this country, and the Africans in south Africa is that those Africans won wars of liberation, and the Indigenous man lost his...

You nor I can change that... That is the way of the world, sister... In a perfect world, these whites would never have gone around the planet imposing their will at the barrel of a gun... They, however, did what they did, and according to the laws of the Universe, they must pay for that...
We can go on forever moralizing, but we aint gone change the law - not the one that governs the universe... Let it be, and it will be done...

Peace!
Isaiah

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Black People : Black On Black Crime Is Pro-Racist Black People Open Forum 0
P Black People : "Evony : the kings return" game- Need help on a racist in a game that threaten to shoot black people Black People Open Forum 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Money Business Jobs : Brand (The Honey Pot) Targeted With Racist Reviews Over Ad Empowering Black Women Black Money Business Jobs 3
C Black People : Why Do Black Afrikans Allow That White Racist Unjust Prejudice Luciferian Human Being Set The Agenda For Black Commentary And Activism??? Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : Black girls in US pushed out of school over racist and sexist school dress codes, report finds Black Education / Schools 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Judge orders neo-Nazi website to pay black university graduate nearly £600,000 for racist ‘troll storm’ Black People Doing Positive Things 0
IFE Black Money Business Jobs : VICTORIA SECRET STORE MANAGER IS RACIST AF, SO HERE ARE 7 BLACK-OWNED LINGERIE COMPANIES TO SHOP FRO Black Money Business Jobs 2
IFE Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : VICTORIA SECRET STORE MANAGER IS RACIST AF, SO HERE ARE 7 BLACK-OWNED LINGERIE COMPANIES TO SHOP FRO Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 1
Kenny Jones Black People : Can black people be racist? Black People Open Forum 66
Chidike Black People : Picture of Black Woman’s Lips Prompts Racist Comments on MAC Cosmetic’s Instagram Page Black People Open Forum 21
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Short Stories : New Book Rips Veil, Reveals Gandhi Was A Racist Who Hated Black Africans Short Stories - Authors - Writing 17
J Black Sports : Racist Rant: Clippers Owner twisted hatred for black ppl Black Sports 54
ru2religious Black People : Black men dating racist white women. Black People Open Forum 387
Kadijah Black People : Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ Black People Open Forum 25
Queenie Black Positive People : Greek ‘Black Panthers’ Warn Racist Gangs: ‘Don’t Mess With Black People’ Black People Doing Positive Things 2
AuthorLady Black People : A Message For White Folks: Black People Aren't Racist... Black People Open Forum 14
word up Black People : RACIST BLACK WOMAN CAKE STUNT IN SWEDEN Black People Open Forum 2
ru2religious Black People : 15 year old black girl attack by racist in Colorado Black People Open Forum 8
AuthorLady Black People : Are Black People Now Convinced That Most White Folks Are Racist? Black People Open Forum 8
MS234 Black People : Can Black People Be Racist? Black People Open Forum 15
Ankhur Black People : Black Hair Care/ A Road to Success and Self Suficiency in a Racist Environment Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : Cathie Black matches Bill Bennet with her Racist Remarks Black People Open Forum 8
P Black People Politics : Racist union rep sees president but other Black union folks want to also! Black People Politics 0
B Black People : Black Planet Is A Racist Site - Boycott Black People Open Forum 42
I Black People : How being black and being racist is self defeatism. Black People Open Forum 40
A Black People : The truth about Mahatma Ghandi : Anti Black Racist Black People Open Forum 2
P Black People : Black employee sues in racist name-calling Black People Open Forum 4
kente417mojo Black People : Do you think all white people have racist thoughts and feeling toward black people? Black People Open Forum 28
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The Racist Assertion Of Black Magic Chief Elder Osiris 0
R Black Poetry : yeah black history is a whack mystery and my back still blistery from being whip lashed , ready to grip some cash and run to the underground railroad Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : JUDAS AND THE BLACK MESSIAH Black Entertainment 23
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : 'African Gene Theory' Is a Myth, and It's Harming Black Men's Heart Health Black Health and Wellness 0
Fine1952 Black Money Business Jobs : Black On The Bottom Policies - Tariq Rasheed Black Money Business Jobs 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Barack Obama opens up about the difficulty of 'being a functioning Black person in America' in surprise appearance Black People Politics 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Feeling politically powerless, black Christians find more comfort in black church: study Christian Study Group 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Black Women Aren't Saving America For You. They're Protecting Themselves Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Travel : For Black Americans, a Heritage Trip to West Africa Can Be Life-Changing Black Travel 0
Kemetstry African American History Culture : THE BLACK SPARROW African American History Culture 2
Fine1952 Black Money Business Jobs : Black Tax: The Cost of Being Black In America Black Money Business Jobs 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Black female scientist at forefront of COVID-19 vaccine development Black People Doing Positive Things 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Joy Reid nails the difference between white and Black people after Capitol riots Black People Politics 4
Destee Pets / Animals : Black the Rottweiler - playing with his toy Pets / Animals 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : America has an urgent need for Black doctors: 'It's hard to be what you can't imagine' Black Health and Wellness 0
One-Hundredd Black Entertainment : Jewels of Wisdom found in GTA 5's Black protagonist Franklin Clinton Black Entertainment 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Kwanzaa Is Not ‘Black Christmas’—Here’s What It Actually Is (And How We Celebrate) Black People Open Forum 2
Discerning Black People Politics : Black People: Know your REAL enemy Black People Politics 14
OldSoul Black People : "Elijah Muhammad was the greatest psychologist that Black people ever created, bar none" Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : "Elijah Muhammad was the greatest psychologist that Black people ever created, bar none" Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Parenting : The reality of Black men's love lives and marriages is very different than what's usually shown on TV – I spent years actually talking to them Black Parenting 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : A Black Student's Mother Complained About 'Fences.' He Was Expelled Black Education / Schools 0