Black People : Bush will "allow" Condoleeza Rice to testify

diakonos

Feb 13, 2004
So, Richard Clarke doesn’t like the way the Bush administration handled the events leading up to 9/11. He feels that more could have been done to prevent it. Did we really need Richard Clarke to point that out to us? Wasn’t it obvious that the Bush administration was completely incompetent with regards to the handling of 9/11 (before and after it happened)? And now that Bush is getting a lot of bad press from Clarke’s book and comments on how incompetent he is, he has decided to “allow” Condoleeza Rice to testify to the commission investigating 9/11. It’s more like she will be made to testify against her will. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not the biggest advocate of Condoleeza Rice. But she certainly isn’t the only person in the Bush administration that was involved in the handling (or lack there of) of 9/11. It kind of makes you wonder why she is being singled out.

I have an idea. Why don’t we “allow” Bush to testify publicly about what did and didn’t happen prior to 9/11? Put Colon Powell on the stand too for all I care.

happy69

May 3, 2002
I have to agree with PA on this; but, as I have stated in the past, I shutter the kind of pressure this woman must be under... and Colin Powell too; I mean he gets grayer-skin and hair- as each day passes.

I am no fan of either of them; and what little empathy I may have had for them- because of scrutiny that they go through, etc.... left after Haiti- And I still think that is for the Haitians to figure out; but did they get their souls mixed up in this matter?

I just wish them rest.

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
This is an example of why I think the present day political arena can be extremely hazardous to the health and welfare of Black Americans. With people like Bush at the helm, leading the pack, how can we not get sucked into the vortex when the "stuff" hits the fan?

Because Colin and Condi have such high level positions with a great deal of "authority", they are very deeply involved in what happens politically in this country and therefore, all we can do is sit back and wait to see where the axe drops. Even though in the beginning Colin was very much against taking on Iraq, and vehemently argued his opposition with Bush and Condi, ultimately he was out powered and had to go along and defend whatever reasons he was told we should. Did he know he was defending a "lie"? Probably so, and if he didn't he should have taken the time to find out since it was his butt that would be out there naked taking pot shots. The National Security Advisor and Secretary of State...don't have the luxury of saying "oops!"

Peace,
Queenie :spinstar:

Nightlance

Nov 9, 2002
Washington, D.C.
Occupation
Research Analyst
Clueless

:angel1:“You may fool all the people some of the time; you can even fool some of the people all the time; but you can’t fool all of the people all the time.”
--- Abraham Lincoln

Resisting the strident public calls for Rice’s testimony under oath, the White House has unwittingly generated the distressing impression that they are seriously afraid of perjuring themselves during an election year. In fact, new information on a national security policy speech has recently surfaced that reveals that the White House was preoccupied with establishing Reagan's SDI system on the very day that the terrorists attacked. In short, terrorist attacks were not on their radar screen, and as a result, poor George was caught with his pants down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : George HW Bush's presidential campaign was nothing to be proud of Black People Politics 11
Kemetstry Black Positive People : THE BUSH FAMILY Black People Doing Positive Things 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Botswana : George W. Bush: PEPFAR saves millions of lives in Africa. Keep it fully funded Botswana 1
Destee Namibia : Former U.S. President Bush Visiting Namibia Tomorrow Namibia 1
chuck Black People Politics : Let Us Be Honest About The Bush Legacy!! Black People Politics 3
Liberty Black People Politics : Jeb Bush Wants A Recession In Washington. For African-Americans, There Already Is One. Black People Politics 10
Liberty Black People Politics : Jeb Bush Says Unlike Others, He Won’t Give African Americans ‘Free Stuff’ Black People Politics 1
Black Phoenix Black People Politics : Jeb Bush: I misspoke about women's health funding Black People Politics 0
Fine1952 Black People Politics : "President George W. Bush Knew Everything About CIA Interrogation" Black People Politics 0
chuck Black People : Bush Jr Vs Obama: Really Who's Fault Was Or Is It? Black People Open Forum 5
KPITRL Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : The Truth about the Afro (The Bush) Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 23
E Black People Politics : President G.W. Bush & Company's LIES about Iraq costed 4,489 American lives... Black People Politics 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Was Aleister Crowley Barbara Bush's Father? Black People Open Forum 1
cherryblossom Audio Video Web Conferencing : Media: Burnin' Bush - Earth, Wind & Fire Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Alarm Clock Libya : Obama/Bush, Tanzania; no Coincidence? Libya type op planned for the Congo? Libya 1
thePreacher Black People Politics : Bush convicted of war crimes Black People Politics 8
S Black People : Uncommon Knowledge: George W. Bush On His Presidency Black People Open Forum 0
A Black People Politics : Wow. So a woman once accused President Bush of rape. Black People Politics 1
S Black People Politics : 1992 Presidential Debate with Bush, Clinton & Ross Perot Black People Politics 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People Politics : Ex-CIA Interrogator: Obama's War on Terror Is Less Ethical Than Bush's Black People Politics 0
Ankhur Black People : Like Pinochet in Spain, War Criminals Bush/Cheney, put on trial in Malaysia Black People Open Forum 0
Black-king Black People Politics : Ending The War In Iraq: How Obama's Own Rhetoric -- And George Bush's Pact -- Black People Politics 0
Black-king Black People Politics : Obama Campaign Drops The George W. Bush Talking Point Black People Politics 0
AACOOLDRE Black Poetry : 911 Poem Aganist BUSH Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Ankhur Black People Politics : Obama and Bush /together this Morning at Ground Zero Black People Politics 0
Mad Skillz Black People Politics : CIA Lawyer: Obama 'Endorsed' Nearly All Bush Programs Black People Politics 14
Chevron Dove Black Christians : A Bramble Bush or the Tree! The TROUBLE with Ancient Black Civilizations? Christian Study Group 16
Ankhur Black People Politics : President invites Bush to Ground Zero/ should instead invite that zero to go to jail! Black People Politics 1
Ankhur Black People : Bush Provided many with Wealth and Fame Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : George Bush Jr's Speech about Saddam Hussein Black People Open Forum 7
Ankhur Black People : Bush Era Torture Expert, Appointed to Mental Asssitance for Military Families (???) Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Somalia : Wikileak; Bush behind Ethiopia's Invasion of Somalia Somalia 0
Ankhur Nigeria : George Bush Sr. gets Nigeria to drop charges on Cheney Nigeria 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People : she do look better than barbara bush....... Black People Open Forum 9
Ankhur Black People : Michaek Vick goes to Jail/ but George Bush goes Free????? Black People Open Forum 0
R Black People : No Beatin' around the Bush! Black People Open Forum 0
Mad Skillz Black People : ‘Worst Bush-era policies’ becoming the ‘new normal’ Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : 30 Billion for the Bush Cheney war but no money for jobs? or child care? Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : After the lies told about Guantanamo detainees, Bush-Cheney still not reprimanded? Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Haiti : Haitians Unhappy with Clinton and Bush in their nation Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 17
Ankhur Black People : From the man that exposed Bush-Cheney and Capitalism, talks about the bill Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : After Bush lies about Iraq, Pentagon Office of Strategic Deception Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Haiti : Bush using Haitian "commumity service" to duck ish of war crimes? Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 0
Ankhur Black People : How long will the Bush-Cheney CoverUp Continue? Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : BUSH; I mean Bernanke wants another term?????????????? Black People Open Forum 6
AACOOLDRE Black Poetry : The legacy of Bush Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Ankhur Black People : Bush's Minister of Propaganda , still calling shots in Washinton?? Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : What would it take to get Black folks to accept Bush Cheney's neocon agenda? Black People Open Forum 22
Ankhur Black People : Were Bush and Cheney fascists? Black People Open Forum 14
P Black People Politics : president Bush part 3? more support of Patriot Act??? Black People Politics 2