Black People Politics : Bush convicted of war crimes

thePreacher

Banned
Dec 2, 2007
Dogville, USA
Occupation
Agent Of Change
The title of this thread is not a typo. George W. Bush has, legally, being convicted of war crimes --- in a Malaysian court. America and Americans, of course, routinely ignore the laws of other countries. But, nevertheless, there are serious consequences of this upon which I will expound:

First, a little history. Prior to Obama winning the 2008 election, he campaigned with a promise to instruct his Attorney General to "immediately review" evidence of torture because, and I am quoting what he said, "no one is above the law". Nevertheless, immediately after winning the election, before he took the oath of office, Obama reversed himself and announced he would not investigate criminal acts of torture by the Bush administration because, again his words, "we need to look forward not backwards":

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/aug/31/obama-justice-department-immunity-bush-cia-torturer

But there is more to the story. Essentially all countries are bound by the Geneva Convention treaties. And, those treaties _require_ signatories to investigate, and prosecute if the investigation warrants, war criminals. All the countries in green are legal bound by the Geneva Convention:

And the evidence, of course, is overwhelming that the Bush administration did, indeed, engage in torture, which is a violation of the Geneva Convention. I know the Bush administration says otherwise. And I know Obama has decided to just ignore what happened and hope it goes away.

But one of the great things about the Geneva Convention is that other countries can protest to the Hague Criminal Court if the home country of war criminals refuses to investigate their war criminals.

Which is were it starts getting a bit sticky for Obama. Because, according to the Geneva Convention, Obama is now also a criminal because of his decision not to investigate Bush for war crimes. I know Bush and Obama both deny this. But one of the beauties of the Geneva Convention is that it grants any signatory the right to appeal to the Hague Criminal Court if a war criminal's country refuses to prosecute war criminals.

And, note, Malaysia has appealed to the Hague criminal court regarding Obama's refusal to honor their court's ruling that Bush is a war criminal. Fortunately for Obama, the nations of our world have signed an agreement which grants immunity to sitting heads of state. So, at least until 2016, Obama is cool.

But, still, even now, even a few European allies are starting to object to what Bush did and what Obama is doing. Spain, as one example:

http://ccrjustice.org/newsroom/press-releases/obama-administration-spanish-judge:-we-won’t-investigate-bush-lawyers’-role-torture

And, if you think I have ever been too hard on Obama, check out this anti-Obama rant from an Irish lawmakers:

thePreacher

Banned
Dec 2, 2007
Dogville, USA
Occupation
Agent Of Change
:11100:um, you left out the insults…..
I trying to, temporarily, honor you request to focus on bad mouthing White Folks. Obama? Well, to the extent that people think he is Black, he is not going to be off my radar. But I will at least stop calling him a lying sack of ... well, you know.

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
I trying to, temporarily, honor you request to focus on bad mouthing White Folks.
Obama? Well, to the extent that people think he is Black, he is not going to be off my radar.
But I will at least stop calling him a lying sack of ... well, you know.
:10500: you treated bush respectfully while calling obama names…..why?

thePreacher

Banned
Dec 2, 2007
Dogville, USA
Occupation
Agent Of Change
:10500: you treated bush respectfully while calling obama names…..why?
<me pausing to take a deep breath> ...

Half of what I wrote was about Bush being a war criminal. The other half was about Obama violating the Geneva Convention treaties by refusing to investigate Bush for war crimes. In what parallel universe does that add up to me treating Bush respectfully?

The worst aspect of all this is that you have been reading my posts for years, dating back to our olde AfroChat days. You know, more so than anyone else here on Destee, what my opinion of Boy Bush is.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.
Hello to you dear, how are you doing ?
Yummy0 wrote on 1poetsought's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on chuck's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.