Black Relationships : Brothers...question. Sisters...your comments

ZeroGravity

Jul 12, 2002
Atlanta
Occupation
System Administrator
Brothers. My wife and I was watching an old movie (don't recall the title) but the couple was dining in a plush restaurant. The man took the liberty of ordering for the woman and get this, he didn't ask her what she had a taste for. My wife look at me and said that she wouldn't mind me taking the lead and order for her like that...I said WOMAN PLEASE!! :lol: I could see the chaos simmering with just the thought of doing that. I can't imagine many woman in today's society that would be susceptible of such a gesture. In the past on one occassion, after asking my date what she wanted, I began ordering for us both only to be interrupted and "reminded" that she is quite capable of ordering for herself.

So my question to the brothers, do you sometimes order for your mate? and does she mind?

To the sisters, would your want your mate to order for you sometimes and how do you feel about the man doing the ordering when you dine out? Would you prefer to place the order yourself, or does it depends on the occassion?

CarrieMonet

Dec 26, 2003
Seattle
Occupation
Love my job!
To the sisters, would you want your mate to order for you sometimes and how do you feel about the man doing the ordering when you dine out?

I would love it assuming he is someone who knows me well. I've had it done for me a few times but the things I had a taste for had been discussed in the car on the way to the restaurant. I like a man who is in charge...that I can trust to have my best interest in mind.
Would you prefer to place the order yourself, or does it depends on the occassion?

If this is a first time date - YES!

kente417mojo

Jan 22, 2004
I won't do that for a woman. I can see it now. The food gets to the table at an expensive place and she's like "I don't want that, I wanted something else". Then you know who's gonna have to pay the bill for that wasted meal right.......not the woman. Girl, you better order what you want yourself, and when it gets here you better eat all of it. :wave:

ZeroGravity

Jul 12, 2002
Atlanta
Occupation
System Administrator
jamesfrmphilly i have the lady order first.
:lol: James, yeah that's what I do also, but have you ordered for your lady before? and what do you think her reaction would be if you said "baby...I got this" and proceeded to order her dinner?

I like a man who is in charge...that I can trust to have my best interest in mind.
Great comment CarrieMonet. I hear this all the time from many women, but often times we (men) get mixed messages from sistas...thier definition of "man in charge" seems to be a little different from the men's definition or we just don't know when to apply it :laugh:

Girl, you better order what you want yourself, and when it gets here you better eat all of it
:lol: I hear ya! That's the safe route and the one I usually take, that why my reaction was what it was when my wife made that comment. There was a time though, when the man ordering the meals was commonplace. A sign of chivalry I suppose, but now everybody for themselves. The next I'm dining out, I'm going to "take the lead" and order her meal and see what happens :fight:

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Life is just a breath, but your works last forever.
@Destee
During this time, I wanna to wish everyone on this site the most blesseth and positive energy throughout
the rest of 2020 as we continue to persevere and raise awareness during this plandemic.
Continue to stay safe
and healthy. We're in the perfect time to self-care and boost our immune systems through at home remedies.
@Destee
I know this is my first status update since 2020 begin, but all of us agree that 2020 delivered a low-blow
to each of us with the miscellaneous events we have recently seen which brought all of us great displeasure.
Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.