Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

© WENN / Larry Wilmore
Larry Wilmore to replace Stephen Colbert on Comedy Central
May 9, 2014, 7:47 PM EST
By Tim Kenneally
TheWrap
"The Daily Show" correspondent Is Wilmore a good pick?
Colbert is leaving the Comedy Central fold to host CBS's "Late Show," replacing David Letterman, who's retiring from the show next year.
Jon Stewart's Busboy Productions will produce the new show.
On "The Minority Report," Wilmore, who serves as Senior Black Correspondent on "The Daily Show," will provide "a distinct point of view and comedic take on the day's news from a perspective largely missing in the current late night landscape," Comedy Central said. In addition to Wilmore, the show willl also feature "a diverse panel of voices currently underrepresented in comedy and television."

JuneBugg

Jul 29, 2002

© WENN / Larry Wilmore
By Tim Kenneally
TheWrap
Colbert is leaving the Comedy Central fold to host CBS's "Late Show," replacing David Letterman, who's retiring from the show next year.
On "The Minority Report," Wilmore, who serves as Senior Black Correspondent on "The Daily Show," will provide "a distinct point of view and comedic take on the day's news from a perspective largely missing in the current late night landscape," Comedy Central said. In addition to Wilmore, the show willl also feature "a diverse panel of voices currently underrepresented in comedy and television."

He has almost a year to work on material and current events will constantly give him material. It can't be easy to be funny 5 days a week. I'll watch and ready to enjoy. I watch Colbert and Jon Stewart at least 2,3 times a week.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
He has almost a year to work on material and current events will constantly give him material. It can't be easy to be funny 5 days a week. I'll watch and ready to enjoy. I watch Colbert and Jon Stewart at least 2,3 times a week.

He has already done guest shots on the show

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker

© WENN / Larry Wilmore
By Tim Kenneally
TheWrap

I don't know.. I never really cared for the "from a black guy" angle that the writers at comedy central constantly place him in. They're a bit too race conscious for them to write for a black performer and not have the whole thing be about the performer being black.

Colbert's show is really a white male spot.. that's actually what makes his subject matter funny.. if they shift it to a black male.. then they will most likely shift a bunch of the content to black people-related stories.. and I'm not sure if that could work for a full 45 minutes everyday..

I guess we'll see..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ankhur Black Events : Today Newark Protest for Jobs/ Activist Brother Larry Hamm Black Events 0
O Black People : Kid Copies Brother for 24 Hours (For Kids) Black People Open Forum 0
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : BROTHER HEAD OF AMERICAN AIRLINES Black Money Business Jobs 2
Kemetstry Science and Technology : BROTHER BUILDS WATER EXTRACTION MACHINE Science and Technology 1
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : BROTHER INVENTS STRAWS THAT FILTER LEAD Black Money Business Jobs 0
SkinTone Black People : A lot we lost in this Brother. It's our job to. Arr Black People Open Forum 0
Ndugu Black People : Lets not forget the Brother at Kroger that bust shot, on the terrorist to protect his wife! Black People Open Forum 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : The Con Federacy - Consciousness Raising Online With Brother OldSoul Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : From Kenya to Chicago - Consciousness Raising Online With Brother OldSoul Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : The U S War on Africa - Consciousness Raising Online with Brother OldSoul Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Wec_Mez_Pescatarian Black Spirituality Religion : Where's brother blackroots/afrknroots? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 5
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Africa Before Invasion Part 2 - Consciousness Raising Online with Brother OldSoul Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Africa Before Invasion - Consciousness Raising Online with Brother OldSoul Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
Kemetstry Black People : BROTHER INFILTRATES SUPREMACISTS ONLINE Black People Open Forum 3
Kemetstry Black Positive People : MIT BROTHER Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Destee Black People : Consciousness Raising Online with Brother OldSoul - Adding Previous Recordings Black People Open Forum 5
Destee OldSoul : Brother OldSoul is in the Hospital OldSoul 24
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : THE FICTIONAL POPE LINUS BASED ON AN EGYPTIAN SONG & OR ORPHEUS BROTHER? AACOOLDRE 0
V Health and Wellness : Brother trapped in bad friendship Black Health and Wellness 1
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : happy birthday brother minister..... Black People Doing Positive Things 1
nilevalley Black People : If your son brother or nephew hated on dark skinned black women like this what would you do? Black People Open Forum 12
Al D Black People : Young African Brother Giving Back In Kansas City, Mo. Black People Open Forum 0
jamesfrmphilly The Police : pig sues brother he shot..... Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
HODEE Black People : Happy New Year Brother Orison Black People Open Forum 10
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : BROTHER GETS EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS TO HIV VACCINE Black Health and Wellness 2
RAPTOR Black People : Mindy Kaling’s brother says she knew he pretended to be black, in order to get into medical school Black People Open Forum 0
CindyC Black Poetry : My Brother Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
Kemetstry Black Positive People : BROTHER GETS MD/PhD Black People Doing Positive Things 2
chuck Black People : Another Reason Brother Ali Is 'The Greatest' Among Us All! Black People Open Forum 1
Kemetstry Black Positive People : YOUNG BROTHER STARTS COLLEGE Black People Doing Positive Things 5
Omowale Jabali The Police : LAPD: Another Brother Shot Down Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 75
Kemetstry Black Positive People : DEAN BAQUET - BROTHER NAMED EXEC. EDITOR @ NY TIMES Black People Doing Positive Things 0
KingSango Nigeria : Posted by a Nigerian brother. African Renassiance. Nigeria 1
cherryblossom Black People : Help a Brother and his Family Black People Open Forum 8
R Black Poetry : Brother, please we need you Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Kemetstry Black Positive People : BROTHER LEFT OUT Black People Doing Positive Things 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : Obama launches ‘My Brother’s Keeper’ to help young minority men Black People Politics 91
Destee Black People Politics : My Brother’s Keeper - President Obama to launch major new effort to help young minority men Black People Politics 6
Destee Black People : Happy Birthday Brother Khasm !!! Black People Open Forum 20
legit-writer Black People : Woman Jailed For Torturing 13 Year Old Brother In Law Black People Open Forum 4
Destee Black People : Live Show Wednesday Night @ 9 pm ET - Brother OldSoul - Topic : Nelson Mandella Black People Open Forum 7
Kamau47 Black People : This brother is heading for problems Black People Open Forum 21
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Kenny Garrett - Brother Hubbard Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Kemetstry Black Sports : Darrell Wallace Jr. - BROTHER WINS NASCAR RACE, A 1st Black Sports 1
Kemetstry Black People Politics : Jeh Johnson - BROTHER TO HEAD HOMELAND SECURITY Black People Politics 26
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : James; The brother of jesus AACOOLDRE 1
Fine1952 Black People : Brother Keita Kenyatta Black People Open Forum 12
Alarm Clock Black People : Big Brother alert: Cameras in the cable box to monitor TV viewers Black People Open Forum 3
Destee Black Men : Taking a Brother's Manhood From Him - Why do we do this? Black Men 149
Kamau47 Black People : Has Anyone Heard Of This Brother Black People Open Forum 9