Black Relationships : Brothas would you date an unemployed sista?

jgyknowledge

Sep 10, 2004
I know I answered in the other thread but.....my answer is no. I know that some people think that's harsh and that I'm judging. But, that's not really it. You could be a great person, but if you can't bring anything to the table economically....then you're not for me.

I sense that people who will date unemployed people are either unemployed themselves, or just recently gained employment.

How can an umemployed person afford to date? It has always amazed me how a person with no income can afford to waste money on entertainment when they could be using that money for better purposes.

Kamau47

Dec 6, 2005
In The Shadows
I don't think that the employment status should be a factor. What if the sista wants to be an "at-home" mother & wife.
Personally, when I was dating, a sista having a job or not did not come into my mind. It was their character that determined whether I stayed or went.

Da Street So'ja

Banned
Jun 11, 2001
where failure is not an option
Occupation
thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
i would as long as they're looking for work

i would even help them find a job

i've dated unemployed women before

i just had to pay for EVERYTHING

i even bought "tampons"

listen i not talking about what i bought

i'm talking - i will buy you what you need

but now with rents averaging $1,500 a month in NYC

i need help now

so you need to be working or at least have access to money

strippers not included sorry

lol

Da Street So'ja

Banned
Jun 11, 2001
where failure is not an option
Occupation
thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
yes

Kamau47 said:
I don't think that the employment status should be a factor. What if the sista wants to be an "at-home" mother & wife.
Personally, when I was dating, a sista having a job or not did not come into my mind. It was their character that determined whether I stayed or went.

don't forget character

it goes along ways buddy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MsInterpret Black Relationships : Brothas: If she asks you out on a date.... Black Relationships 54
KWABENA Black Relationships : BROTHAS............. Why would you NOT date a Sistah? Black Relationships 100
CosmicMessenger Black Poetry : Brothas Caught Up In The Matrix Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : Brothas, our Black Women are waiting for you to do these things Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 9
ru2religious Black People : Thickness - yes or no brothas? Black People Open Forum 12
ru2religious Black People : Single Brothas - We have a major problem to deal with - Seriously!!! Black People Open Forum 44
T Black Entertainment : Where are my brothas and sistahs that listen to house music Black Entertainment 90
river Brothas, Would This Hurt? Black Men 18
T Black Relationships : for all the brothas out there... a serious question Black Relationships 10
river Brothas, Am I Right to Feel Insulted? Black Men 29
1 Black Relationships : Brothas Only please:How can you tell if a Guy is TRUELLY into you for you? Black Relationships 13
PoeticManifesta Black Relationships : I asked some brothas, whats the difference between thick and fat..Response: Black Relationships 9
Sekhemu Black Relationships : Do sistahs compliment brothas in public, and if not, why not? Black Relationships 26
nevar Black Relationships : brothas who do you prefer? Black Relationships 30
nevar Black Relationships : to all the brothas.... Black Relationships 71
nevar Black Poetry : To all my brothas' who love thick sistas'... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 45
S Do Intelligent Brothas Feel Alone? Black Men 80
Joyce Black Haiku : A Haiku Challenge For The Brothas... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 22
KWABENA BROTHAS.......READY TO BE DRAFTED? Black Children 11
S Black Relationships : Brothas living on the Down Low. Black Relationships 15
L Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Brothas Dating Natural Sista's Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 89
T Black Poetry : Young Brothas Beware Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
thatgirl74 Black Poetry : Poetic Interlude== Dedicated to the Brothas Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
T Black Poetry : 4 the brothas Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
P Black Relationships : How many brothas are into older women? Black Relationships 43
S Black Poetry : Positive Vibes For Our Brothas & Sistas Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
Bishop Black Poetry : Brothas of the Forum...especially Kemetstry...Take your bow!!! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
M Black Poetry : brothas with chains Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Kemetstry Black Relationships : 10 REASONS TO DATE OLDER MEN Black Relationships 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Kim Kardashian shares Kanye West album release date, after mysterious 'Jesus Is King' event, last-minute Sunday Service Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
R Black Poetry : He's hood made and get good grades wrote a girl a short letter with all sorts of clever love words ask for a date the task was great but he wanna smas Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
R Black Poetry : They kiss at the table but this fable is concerned with a cake date that went wrong so he spent time at home thinking about it alone now on the phone Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
R Black Poetry : My corrupt fate is not up-to-date twisted at the club and assisted by love see a girl wanna kiss it Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Senegal Black Relationships : Can You Be Pro Black and Date Outside the Black Race? Black Relationships 6
R Black Poetry : Vocab is great but I want some crab cake so let me grab a date Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Alerting with bling rapping wanting a certain thing to happen like a date in VIRGINIA BEACH, must co Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : teen-takes harvard-admission letter as prom-date Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Liberty Black Relationships : Your Worst Date Black Relationships 12
Destee Black Relationships : Girls are more forward - do not wait for the Boys to ask for the first date, etc. Black Relationships 3
chuck Black People : We Got To Keep It All Up More To Date Black People Open Forum 4
Destee African Holiday : African Holidays - can you name any - along with their date / reason for celebrating? Black Events 28
MS234 Jails / Prisons : Lauryn Hill announces first post-prison tour date in New York City Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 5
rapunzal24 Black Relationships : Nice Date. Black Relationships 0
KaHotep Black Poetry : Desert Date Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
MsInterpret Black People : Dedicated to the Don't Date a Mookie Campaign Black People Open Forum 27
coey30 Black Poetry : Internet Date Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
coey30 Black Poetry : Blind Date Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
S Black Relationships : Why Date at all? Why not just arrange marriages between good families? Black Relationships 28
dunwiddat Black Relationships : My date with a man I met online Black Relationships 36
Kemetstry Black Spirituality Religion : Date of Crucifixion Verified? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 196