Black Parenting : BRING BACK OLD FASHIONED DISCIPLINE!

edward67

Nov 4, 2015
Congratulations edward67,

As I stated before, y'all made a good decision, based on this update:

'... Also, good decision making is always the results or outcome of a situation, not beforehand. In other words, you can't tell before hand whether or not you've made a good decision, only afterwards. And in this case, your son learned a valuable lesson and everyone is happy ...'

Hello Clyde & thanks for your reply.

edward67

Nov 4, 2015
i never hit my son. he is a successful adult now.
Hello jamesfrmphilly & thanks for your reply. I feel you man & commend you on raising your son into a successful black man. Not all of our children require corporal punishment & like I stated before if so, should be used as a last resort.

edward67

Nov 4, 2015
You asked a question

My answer as well

Always cool down first

Then decide if grounding your son can get your son's serious attention

And don't even admit to actually having done anything others might misuse to challenge your parental rights etc

fyi
Hello Chuck & thank you for your reply. I definitely feel you my brother & that's why I asked (in the beginning) that I not be judged until you hear the full story of my situation. However, I have been receiving pretty positive response & support from my community & applaud you guys on understanding. . . But, you are right regarding what I post on here being used "against" me &/or challenging my "parental rights." I am a 48 year old black father raising not one but four black boys into strong black men. I am not (& never will be) a child abuser. . . But all of my son(s) already know, if you act up (or act out) deliberately--pops is going to tear that behind up--PERIOD!!! But, overall, I've received pretty good responses & once again, thanks this community for understanding.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Hello Kemetstry & thanks for your reply. You state that you remember the "go cut a switch like it was yesterday?" Well, let's just say @ age 48 & raised in Louisiana, I was a bad kid & me & the "switch" knew each other on a first-name basis (LOL). And what was even worse if one of my neighbors got me with one, by the time I got home, well, you already know the rest. . .

My mom cursed a woman out because she caught my sister play with matches and didn't beat her on the spot. She swore she would done it for her. The death penalty was threatened in my hood all the time. So, we didn't dare act bad.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Destee Conference 1-866-4-DESTEE

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss:
Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart: