Black Parenting : BRING BACK OLD FASHIONED DISCIPLINE!

edward67

Nov 4, 2015
Take what they like best. Take all their electronics. The cell phones, games, computers, IPODs, televisions, radios, etc.
Hello Liberty & thanks for your response. Trust me when I say--we had already stripped his room of everything & the only time he was allowed to get on a computer was for homework assignment(s) & it had to be his mother's pc.

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Thanks so much my sister Destee for taking the time out to respond to my post. Trust me when I say, my wife nor I are corporal punisher(s) of our sons. . . However, we will punish them for their "intentional" wrongdoings. Now, as kids, my wife would spank their behinds if they got out of line (public places, church, etc.) but normally, all I had to do is give them a "look" & whatever mischief going on was ceased immediately. Honestly, I can count the times I had to administer corporal punishment to any of our sons. I took my belt to our oldest son (now 22) who was caught holding down weed for a friend in his book bag @ his high school back then but I felt that was the ONLY resort in such a case. He knew better from the beginning & due to the seriousness of it, felt I had to deal with him in that manner. But whippings, in our household, are normally (always) a last resort.

You're very welcome and again I appreciate you joining and sharing with us.

I trust what you're saying and am confident you only want the best for your children.

I do wish you continued success, love, peace, and joy with your Family.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

edward67

Nov 4, 2015
You're very welcome and again I appreciate you joining and sharing with us.

I trust what you're saying and am confident you only want the best for your children.

I do wish you continued success, love, peace, and joy with those that you love.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee
I know my sister however not many are going to agree with me & that, I do understand. Love & Peace to you as well.

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
Welcome to Destee. Stick around

I wanted to add that, though I never believed in corporal punishment, I always reserved the right. And, I never judge parents who choose corporal punishment. (within reason)

I don't believe that what works for one child necessarily works for another. And, if I found that the discipline tactics I used weren't enough, I would have to up he ante as well.

I understand exactly the difference you layed out regarding willful disobedience warranting a whole 'nother kind of discipline.

Hopefully, your son learned his lesson, and his brother learned by witness, and you wont have to do this again.

*smile*

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Thanks Clyde & just know that I am a firm believer in "sparing the rod does spoil that child" saying.

Not a problem edward67, no, not at all ... Understood, otherwise you would have never put the "switch" in effect:), as some have claimed.

At the end of the day, no one can tell a parent how to discipline their child. The parent knows best or at least should; notwithstanding, there are those that don't make good parents, at which point outside intervention would be appropriate.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart: