Black Parenting : BRING BACK OLD FASHIONED DISCIPLINE!

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
I don't believe in abusing any child, and won't believe it's ever okay to be dishing out more on a child than what he or she can take and/or deserves, but I've no problem at all with corporal punishment.

Both my parents came from households where they had it far worse than I ever did as I child, so I felt fortunate, blessed. I hated them at the time of discipline, of course, but with maturity, hatred for what they did turned into respect. Some of my peers turned out real jacked up and their parents didn't even come close to beating them like they should have.

Did I say beating? I meant spanking. :lol:

edward67

Nov 4, 2015
I don't believe in abusing any child, and won't believe it's ever okay to be dishing out more on a child than what he or she can take and/or deserves, but I've no problem at all with corporal punishment.

Both my parents came from households where they had it far worse than I ever did as I child, so I felt fortunate, blessed. I hated them at the time of discipline, of course, but with maturity, hatred for what they did turned into respect. Some of my peers turned out real jacked up and their parents didn't even come close to beating them like they should have.

Did I say beating? I meant spanking. :lol:
Thank you so much Angela22 for your response. I agree with you 200% on your overall opinion & will elaborate. Over the weekend, one of my friend's 15 yr old son went to juvenile jail after getting caught with weed @ a neighborhood dance. After rapping with my partner, I found out that he doesn't believe in corporal punishment because it send black men to jail. Well, let's just say this: After my youngest boys seen how I tore their oldest brother up years back for something very similar to what my partner son got caught up in, I'm sure they're thinking twice! Like I said before, I don't always use corporal punishment as a first option. . . However, if all else fails or the mischief is intentional, I will tear that behind up!!!!!!

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
Thank you so much Angela22 for your response. I agree with you 200% on your overall opinion & will elaborate. Over the weekend, one of my friend's 15 yr old son went to juvenile jail after getting caught with weed @ a neighborhood dance. After rapping with my partner, I found out that he doesn't believe in corporal punishment because it send black men to jail. Well, let's just say this: After my youngest boys seen how I tore their oldest brother up years back for something very similar to what my partner son got caught up in, I'm sure they're thinking twice! Like I said before, I don't always use corporal punishment as a first option. . . However, if all else fails or the mischief is intentional, I will tear that behind up!!!!!!
:11100:sounds like you enjoy beating people. ever try S&M?

edward67

Nov 4, 2015
:11100:sounds like you enjoy beating people. ever try S&M?
Thanks for your reply jamesfrmphilly but I will say this: Maybe you don't believe in corporal punishment because of the way you were punished as a kid growing up. My parent(s) never "beat" me. . . They "whipped" me & trust me when I say, it's a difference! Bottom line, if grounding, time out, etc. does not work--then it's time for an old fashioned whipping, period. I guarantee you that neither of my sons even "think" of trying to run over me or their mother!!!

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
I'm focused on the 3 months punishment. In between report cards. That's a long time.
My spouse use to believe in long punishments. 2-3 weeks. I would tell him "you need to be home to enforce the punishment" cause I'm not.
Your son took a risk going to the Hollowen party. He paid the cost.
I've heard other parents who whip their teens.

I stopped spanking/whooping my son at age 12. That's when my mom stopped whipping each of us.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Sister ... what did you decide? How will we be moving forward? I've been working, I am excited. I Love You! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart:
One-Hundredd wrote on Destee's profile.
Hope you having a happy holidayz