African American History Culture : Bodies Found At Texas Construction Site Were Black People Forced Into Labor — After Slavery Ended

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,
:facepalm:

...The first remains were discovered in February in Sugar Land, a suburb southwest of Houston. And now officials have learned who these people probably were — freed black people forced to work in convict labor camps.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/07/18/bodies-found-construction-site-slavery-trnd/
Bodies Found At A Texas Construction Site Were Black People Forced Into LaborAfter Slavery Ended
July 18, 2018 at 8:25 pm
Filed Under:Mass Grave, Slavery, Texas

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009
In the Spirit of Sankofa,
:facepalm:

...The first remains were discovered in February in Sugar Land, a suburb southwest of Houston. And now officials have learned who these people probably were — freed black people forced to work in convict labor camps.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/07/18/bodies-found-construction-site-slavery-trnd/
Bodies Found At A Texas Construction Site Were Black People Forced Into LaborAfter Slavery Ended
July 18, 2018 at 8:25 pm
Filed Under:Mass Grave, Slavery, Texas

This is terrible.
Thanks for posting.

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009
Its awful, and explains why Reparations is inevitable.

Bro Clyde, I sure do hope so. And I also hope that they uncover the truth about this horrible discovery.
The fact that it was across the street from a prison, that once was a private prison and then earlier, a plantation is so ominous. This reminds me of the past film, Buck and the Preacher, starring Sydney Poitier, Harry Belafonte and Ruby Dee. In that film, the recently freed people faced hardships as they tried to go west after slavery ended. Some reporters think that is the fate of many of these dead people found at this site.

YOu're right though, Reparations is inevitable and some way, some how, this wrong will be righted.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Bro Clyde, I sure do hope so. And I also hope that they uncover the truth about this horrible discovery.
The fact that it was across the street from a prison, that once was a private prison and then earlier, a plantation is so ominous. This reminds me of the past film, Buck and the Preacher, starring Sydney Poitier, Harry Belafonte and Ruby Dee. In that film, the recently freed people faced hardships as they tried to go west after slavery ended. Some reporters think that is the fate of many of these dead people found at this site.

YOu're right though, Reparations is inevitable and some way, some how, this wrong will be righted.

So far Chevron, evidence lifted from the unburials (50) indicate all were leased prisoners forced to work the sugar plantations under severe hardship.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Catholic Church Explains The Bodies Of Nearly 800 Children Found ‘In Septic Tank’ ... Black People Open Forum 0
SpiritualONE Black People : 40,000 Dead Bodies Expected to Be Found in Katrina's Aftermath Black People Open Forum 28
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Black Bodies, Green Spaces Black People Open Forum 0
Perfection Black People Politics : In Context Series: Dangerous Bodies: Women's Nakedness and Theology Black People Politics 0
S Black People : White Drug Deaths So High Ohio Coroner Runs Out of Room for the Bodies Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Sierra Leone : More than 300 bodies recovered from Sierra Leone mudslide Sierra Leone 1
Liberty Black Entertainment : White Bodies Protesting In The Age Of Trump Black Entertainment 0
cocobutterskyn Black Poetry : Bodies Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Keita Kenyatta Black People : WHY SISTERS FLAUNT THEIR BODIES? Black People Open Forum 407
noor100 Black Muslims : Special Bodies Which Don't Decompose Islam Study Group 4
Ankhur Black People : Al-KEM-y was the African Science of HEALING Poisoned Minds Hearts and Bodies Black People Open Forum 0
Destee Black Weight Loss : Brothers are Good at Maintaining Great Bodies - Help! Black Health and Wellness 2
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : The soul is leaving several bodies in several births. Why the soul is remembering the Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
G Black Haiku : aroused brown bodies- Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
J Black Women : Reclaiming Our Beauty and Our Bodies Black Women 4
D Black People : Hostile take over of our bodies now our minds Black People Open Forum 0
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : God can enter two human bodies at a time Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
J Black Poetry : "bodies" of love's light (pt ll) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
J Black Poetry : "bodies" of love's light (haiku) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : TWO BODIES (da * Juanita files) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
OldSoul Black People : The 200,000-year-old city found in Southern Africa may rewrite history Black People Open Forum 0
G Science and Technology : Secret Soviet Spy Radio Found In German Forest Science and Technology 0
Hamma Africa : excerpt from sacredtexts.com under the African (religion,myth section found there) All Things Africa 5
Fine1952 Black People Politics : Obama DHS whistleblower found dead with gunshot wound in California Black People Politics 5
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Travel : Black American couple found dead in Dominican Republic resort hotel room Black Travel 70
R Black Poetry : look I'm boss in the hood but got lost in the woods now in town and somehow found friends, didn't re Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Boston Market frozen pork meals recalled after glass, plastic found in patties Black Health and Wellness 0
A Health and Wellness : Finally found somethin that works 4 my skin Black Health and Wellness 0
IFE Black Entertainment : Bill Cosby found guilty of sexual assault in retrial Black Entertainment 61
Clyde C Coger Jr Egypt : Mysterious ancient artwork depicting female pharaoh found by accident Egypt 0
Destee Black People Politics : What's the Worst that Can / Will Happen to Trump - if Found Guilty of All? Black People Politics 4
Kemetstry Black People : MASS GRAVE FOUND ON KKK LEADERS ESTATE Black People Open Forum 1
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : noose-found-inside-national-museum-of-african-american-history Black People Politics 2
Liberty Law Forum : Supreme Court won’t review decision that found N.C. voting law discriminates against African America Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : ferguson-protester-found-dead Black People Politics 3
Fine1952 Black Entertainment : Cuba Gooding, Sr --Found Dead Black Entertainment 5
jamesfrmphilly Black People : 1st-black-woman-on-state-s-highest-court-found-dead-by-river Black People Open Forum 0
Fine1952 Science and Technology : Science Examined People Who Claim Not To Eat Or Drink. What They Found Is Mind-Boggling! Science and Technology 2
HODEE Black Poetry : LOST and FOUND BOX Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Chidike Black People : Ferguson Activist/Black Nationalist Darren Seals Found Murdered Black People Open Forum 5
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : prominent-ferguson-activist-found-dead-in-burning-car Black People Politics 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : A Gravesite found for a Jesus family member: reasons for African religious attacks. AACOOLDRE 0
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : NEW ANTIBIOTIC FOUND IN NOSE Black Health and Wellness 0
Chidike Law Forum : 38-Year-Old Black Man Found Hanged in Tree in Ohio, Authorities Call It a Suicide Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : flint-water-investigators-found-dead Black People Politics 2
Chidike Black People : Black Woman in Leading Lawsuit Over Flint, Mich., Water Crisis Found Shot to Death in Home Black People Open Forum 8
MS234 Black Entertainment : Prince found dead at his Minnesota studio at age 57 Black Entertainment 1
jamesfrmphilly Africa : african-burial-ground-found in harlem All Things Africa 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : Ice cream maker Blue Bell reports listeria found again in facility Food Discussion and Recipes 1
Liberty Black Sports : Former NBA star Lamar Odom found unconscious, taken to Nevada hospital Black Sports 45