Black Women : Blast From the Past; Phyllis Hyman Speaks on Black Owned Businesses

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Powerful message! Thank you, Bro. Alarm Clock for posting this video because I never saw this side of Phyllis Hyman until now.

She was so talented--man, I loved this woman's style-- and it was very sad that she suffered from depression and chose to end her life.

I was and still am one of her biggest fans.

RAPTOR

Sep 12, 2009

"If the community put me out here, I have to bring the community where I am. It's that simple".

I love what I have heard. She stated that she help to generate the kind of money the music industry was making off black artists and decided to take some that money that she has made and take it back to community via establishing a business to hire black folks and some latinos.

"It makes so much since to me, I don't understand why others [successful entertainers] don't do it more often" .
...How'bout that.

NyneElementz

Apr 6, 2006
Myrtle Beach, SC

That's one sista I definitely miss. She truly had the right idea. And I especially hate it that her life ended the way it did. I hope one day, we will get the chance to implement the necessary ideas for black prosperity and breed more unity rather than contention in business, and make black prosperity last.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
info-moetry Black Poetry : It's your brother, Don't U Recognize me........(a blast from the past) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : You ready for the Shotgun Blast on Black History??? AACOOLDRE 1
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: T.I. - Blast Kanye West And Steve Harvey For Meeting With Donald Trump Audio Video Web Conferencing 8
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : SHOTGUN BLAST ON BLACK HISTORY AACOOLDRE 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : 6 Reasons Why You Should Be Eating Frozen Fruit - 6 Foods That Blast Fat Food Discussion and Recipes 1
Fine1952 Black Entertainment : ???Why Did Hannibal Buress Put Bill Cosby On Blast??? Black Entertainment 516
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Hundreds believed injured in Texas fertilizer plant blast Black People Open Forum 9
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Texas fertilizer plant blast injures dozens Black People Open Forum 2
$$RICH$$ Black Sports : Jesse Jackson blast back in LeBron Honor Black Sports 6
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : Observed Independence Blast Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : Free Blast /Free style Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
I Black Poetry : Tired of your games (dedicated to Kamm..yea im puttin u on blast) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
S Black People : New Your Trade Center!! Blast Black People Open Forum 2
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : Fy Works Blast Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : sisters defend biden's racist past..... Black People Politics 0
Perfection Africa : In Context Series: African Empires of the Past All Things Africa 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : CNN Suspends Paris Dennard After Past Sexual Misconduct Revealed Black People Politics 0
R Black Poetry : writing fast and like a lightning flash it's brightens the past a loud rumbling as clouds crumbling Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Chevron Dove Black Christians : BRAND NEW CLOTH: Deep Message About the NEW MOVEMENTS in the past Christian Study Group 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : American Black Culture - A Picture from the Past ... Separate but Equal African American History Culture 2
Kemetstry African American History Culture : Mass Lynchings in Our Past African American History Culture 3
Liberty Black Relationships : Should You Discuss Your Past With Your Partner? Black Relationships 30
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Revelations Past not future AACOOLDRE 0
African American Movies Black Entertainment : 25 Top African American Movies of the Past 25 Years Black Entertainment 0
Liberty Black Entertainment : Righting a Past Wrong? Academy to Present Spike Lee with Honorary Oscar Black Entertainment 38
IntuitioninMD_2 Black Poetry : Poems from the past to Mr. BLACKMAN Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 16
RAPTOR Black People : 3 Black Churches burnt in North Carolina, Georgia and S.Carolina in the past 5 days. Black People Open Forum 4
RAPTOR Black People : Boyce Watkins - Rapper Common on racism: "Let's forget about the past" Black People Open Forum 5
chuck Black People : Selma Retrospective Idealizes The Past And Doesn't Usher In The Future! Black People Open Forum 6
KingSango Black People : How to get past the Ferguson Grand Jury decision. Black People Open Forum 0
Fine1952 African American History Culture : OUR STORY [A Past, Present, and Future Compendium] African American History Culture 528
Keita Kenyatta Black Poetry : Soldier of Past Loves Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Rwanda : Rwanda remembered: Samantha Power reconciles past and present on genocide anniversary Rwanda 11
cherryblossom Audio Video Web Conferencing : Aretha Franklin - The Day Is Past And Gone Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
legit-writer Black People : The Past Isn't Always The Past Black People Open Forum 10
Alarm Clock Black People : Would the Assaults on the Black community in the past 15 years been put up with in 60s, 70s, 80s?? Black People Open Forum 6
RAPTOR Black Spirituality Religion : Pope Francis’ Junta Past: Argentine Journalist on New Pontiff’s Ties to Abduction of Jesuit Priests Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 23
candeesweet Quiet Poetry Lounge : Past but now Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Past mistakes of the NAACP AACOOLDRE 7
Mercyless1803 Black Positive People : Tony Lewis Jr on a mission to right the wrongs of his father past Black People Doing Positive Things 3
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : Feeling days past Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
candeesweet Black Poetry : Past accurances... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
ckoolbreez Black People : Do you think face to face conversation is a thing of the past? Black People Open Forum 17
Chevron Dove Chevron Dove : Trouble In Syria In The Past & Present~the Canaanite Phoenicians...confusion Chevron Dove 2
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Looking Back At The Past Black People Open Forum 19
legit-writer Black Relationships : To Judge a Person by their past or not? Black Relationships 15
OldSoul OldSoul : Remnants of an African-American Past Found Beneath Central Park OldSoul 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Why Hollywood keeps white-washing the past OldSoul 1
$$RICH$$ Black Haiku : HALF PAST DEAD Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
Amnat77 Nigeria : Cutaneous adornment in the Yoruba of south-western Nigeria – past and present Nigeria 1