Law Forum : BLACKS DENIED GUN PERMITS IN CHICAGO?

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Lawsuits Filed As Chicago Denies Black People Concealed Carry Licenses

Since the State of Illinois passed a controversial Concealed Carry Weapons permit law last year, a flood of African American applicants have found themselves denied even though they are qualified to receive the permits according to the prerequisites of the law. After hundreds of such residents took a firearms training course, paid an array of fees, and submitted fingerprints for a background check that were then ultimately passed, African American applicants have been receiving notices earlier this year that a special review board has denied their applications for concealed carry licenses.

One such example, Michael Thomas was puzzled that as a former Air Force reservist who routinely carried a gun during military service and has never had a run-in with the law, was turned down, even though the law does not afford police the discretion to deny permits to those who meet the prerequisites and who are not legally prohibited. But Thomas is just one of more than 800 people who have been denied licenses by the board. This board meets behind closed doors and keeps its records and reasoning secret. Even when applicants meet all the criteria, the board says they have no obligation to explain themselves… even when it seems clear that the only disqualifying factor is the color of the applicant’s skin.

Thomas wrote to the Illinois State Police, requesting a review of the decision, assuming that it must have been a mistake.

“I have never been arrested or convicted of any offense, either misdemeanor or felony, in the state of Illinois or any other state,” Thomas explained in his letter. “I have no criminal record of any type.”

The state police sent him a letter back, saying that the board’s decisions couldn’t be reviewed. Thomas, they explained would have to petition a court in order to appeal.

So that’s what Thomas did. He joined 193 other Illinoisans – many of whom happen to be African Americans – in filing lawsuits against the state police. Interestingly, few Caucasians who applied for the permit in Illinois have found themselves denied, even when their records are a bit more tarnished (though without felonies), than Thomas’s squeaky-clean background.

Officials still won’t say why Thomas’ application was denied. They won’t say who denied it either, but the lawsuit hopes to shed some light on this apparently racist review board. Some of those who joined the suit are alleging that the state of Illinois only wants to arm Caucasians, but when people of other ethnic backgrounds apply for permits, they often find themselves inexplicably denied.
Thomas’s clean record seems to be corroborated by a search of Cook County court records, where he lives. The database turned up no charges. An Air Force spokesman further reported to the local Tribune that Thomas received and honorable discharged in 2012. They added that his military record contains no unfavorable information.

Lawyers involved in the cases say “There are law-abiding citizens in the state of Illinois who are fully eligible to carry, and they are denied the right and not given any notice as to why,” according to David Thompson, a Washington, D.C., attorney hired to file companion lawsuits in Illinois state court and U.S. District Court. “We want a process established that gives people notice of what evidence the state used to make the determination … and an opportunity to rebut by putting in their own evidence.”

Federal law prohibits convicted felons and convicted domestic abusers from obtaining firearms. Illinois goes even further with their requirements for obtaining a concealed carry permit. So why are Caucasians being given licenses, while African Americans and others with clean records are being turned away? Makes you wonder

pamela

Sep 28, 2015
In response to the Sandra Bland case . On line ,People I heard the cop tell the other cop " It didn't take too long" . Referring to himself as he choked the life from her . He also stated" she started kicking." People I then heard the cop tell the female cop " we will put her in your car ." Referring to her cruiser . I also heard the paramedics state to the officer "make sure there nothing under your fingernails." I also heard the cop asked" did you bring the two loops ." People I had the time to study all the viedos relating to her case and I have come o the conclusion that the cop murdered Sandy Bland not in the jail cell BUT right there on the ground underneath the tree . I tried to post what I saw and heard on other site but my computer stopped suddenly . I had to call HP for service to have it repaired . My computer caught a virus that quick from trying to post this statement . Since , the sites has been edited .Why did it take two cop to keep her pinned to the ground? You can also see the cop yanking something around her neck ,yanking hard . In Sandra mugshot the original one with her eyes rolled up toward her head , you can tell she has been dead for about three days , and that she died in vain , shocked . This cop needs to be charged with murder , 1st Degree . Folks need to stop saying she hung herself and start chanting " arrest the cop who murdered Sandra Bland ". They say her autopsy was defected , and her internal organs were intact .However it was never noted what made the autopsy defected . Also I wonder were some or all her organs sold on the Black Market . The original viedo you could the female cop stating to Sandy have a nice life ,as she was taking her last breath of life . I wanted to call a press conference . I made contact with her Family Lawyer,through his secretary . I left message with the NAACP . No responses .I myself have received warnings

MS234

Mar 1, 2010
Where is the NRA????

lol seriously. Why don't you ask the KKK to help support the BLM movement.

Get real man. You know Kem I appreciate your dedication for us, but I see you keep denying the true
purpose of the formation of amerikkka.

Once you realize that amerikkka is a business, then maybe you will began to realize why some of these issues are not being addressed.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SwagII Black People Politics : The Black Experience is Still a Tragedy, Yet Some Blacks Support Our Oppressors! Black People Politics 0
HODEE African American History Culture : In 1850’s a Louisiana scientist Dr. Cartwright claimed to have discovered two new diseases peculiar to Blacks that he believed justified enslavement African American History Culture 0
Cory Corn Black People : Bill Gates Depopulation of Blacks Black People Open Forum 4
HODEE Black People : I Just Don't Understand.. Blacks For Trump.. ??? Even Up to 2019 ( They are Kowtowing ) For Acceptance .. ??? Black People Open Forum 4
OldSoul Black People : Blacks Without Borders: Chasing the American Dream in South Africa Black People Open Forum 0
blazejay Black People Politics : South Florida is worse for blacks Black People Politics 0
Discerning Health and Wellness : Can Blacks protect ourselves from the Coronavirus? Black Health and Wellness 15
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Candace Owens: Blacks Did Better in the First 100 Years After Slavery Black People Open Forum 6
Perfection Black People Politics : 【Carter G. Woodson Papers】The Beginnings of the Miscegenation of the Whites and Blacks Black People Politics 0
Perfection Black Money Business Jobs : In Context Series: Blacks in Energy Black Money Business Jobs 0
Perfection Black People Politics : Staged Freedom, Gimmicks & Parallels: 5 Arguments Showing How Blacks Are Sill Slaves Black People Politics 0
Perfection Black People Politics : ▶ Republicans, Dems and "Progressives" unite telling blacks "We'll never give you reparations." Black People Politics 325
nilevalley Black People : A white man who wrote and ask blacks not to trust his race a honest one at last! Black People Open Forum 4
Sawyerloggingon Black People Politics : Why do so many blacks vote Democrat Black People Politics 59
Queenie Black People : Slavery of Blacks: who do you blame? Black People Open Forum 12
Bboanerge Black People : Let young Blacks know!...guess what ON DEMAND is showing right now, free?!! Black People Open Forum 1
Kemetstry Black People : BLACKS BEING TARGETED BY BOMBER IN TEXAS Black People Open Forum 15
nilevalley Black People : Would it be an national emergency if tens of thousands of blacks died from opioid overdose? Black People Open Forum 5
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Should blacks celebrate the fourth of July AACOOLDRE 5
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Dirty South: blacks owned Blacks too? AACOOLDRE 9
S Law Forum : States Are Quietly Resurrecting a Law That Makes It Easier to Kill Blacks Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : blacks targeted in san-diego-pool-shooting Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
Liberty Black Money Business Jobs : The Big Reason Whites Are Richer Than Blacks in America Black Money Business Jobs 4
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : lawyer-calls-for-black-jurors-not-to-convict-blacks-who-kill-white-people Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : White Racism linked to fatal Heart Disease for blacks and whites Black Health and Wellness 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Abdul-Jabbar: 'Being Dismissed by One Party and Taken for Granted by Another' Has Hurt Blacks Black People Politics 3
Enki Black People : How Blacks Are Treated In The Middle East. Black People Open Forum 0
Enki Black People Politics : It Is Sad When Blacks Are So Scared Of YT That They Can't Admit A Simple Truth. Black People Politics 2
Clyde C Coger Jr The Police : Video: Texas officer says blacks have 'violent tendencies' Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 19
bearwarrior Black People Politics : Question - why many Blacks are choosing Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders Black People Politics 84
Jeneva Hinely Law Forum : When unequality with Blacks will stop? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 6
serious brother Law Forum : Blacks and Kangaroo Justice Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
HODEE Black Children : Teen birthrate hits all-time low, led by 50 percent decline among Hispanics and Blacks Black Children 2
nilevalley Black People : We are always complaining that "blacks aren't united enough" what are YOU doing to change this ? Black People Open Forum 0
Perfection Black People Politics : American blacks don't know what politics is Black People Politics 123
Kemetstry Black People : 10 WORST STATES FOR BLACKS Black People Open Forum 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : CNN Employee Claims Blacks Are Passed Over for Promotions in Discrimination Lawsuit Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 5
Al D Black People : Entrepreneur Creates Site To Help Blacks “Buy Black”, Increase Black Businesses’ Exposure Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Money Business Jobs : Why Blacks Have Had 10 Times Less Wealth For the Last 40 Years Black Money Business Jobs 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Entrepreneur Creates Site To Help Blacks “Buy Black”, Increase Black Businesses’ Exposure Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Republican Senator: Blacks Are Poor Because They Eat “Fried Chicken” Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Untold Black History: "Blacks" were the 1st Americans African American History Culture 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Alabama Is Making It Impossible for Blacks to Get Voter IDs Black People Politics 10
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Popular hypertension drugs linked to worse heart health in blacks compared to whites Black Health and Wellness 1
HODEE Black People Politics : USA: Donald Trump to Blacks: Go Back to Africa Black People Politics 11
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : How blacks were thought of in the Declaration of Independence AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : 14 Amendment original intent for blacks AACOOLDRE 1
RAPTOR Black People : From 1992 to 2013, the Median Net Worth of Blacks Who Finished College Dropped Nearly 56% Black People Open Forum 6
RAPTOR Libya : Libya Blacks treated like Apes in the Zoo by rebels Libya 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Whites used Declaration Of Ind...against blacks AACOOLDRE 1