Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Black Women Stand on NY Street and Allow Strangers to Touch Their Hair

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
"But another factor is the lack of the right kind of curiosity across the American population."
Hmm, I'm not certain if I understand this. Right kind of curiosity? Are they stating people should be curious about black people's hair? How is anyone touching it going to really help?

Any and everyone shouldn't just be allowed to run their hand through your hair; that's like a man letting any and everyone feel up his beard/mustache. It's personal space that shouldn't just be opened to everyone.

MsInterpret

Apr 21, 2007
Washington
Hmm, I'm not certain if I understand this. Right kind of curiosity? Are they stating people should be curious about black people's hair? How is anyone touching it going to really help?

Any and everyone shouldn't just be allowed to run their hand through your hair; that's like a man letting any and everyone feel up his beard/mustache. It's personal space that shouldn't just be opened to everyone.

I think it's implying how people usually have an ignorant curiosity when it comes to wanting to touch a black person's hair...Kind of like they can check it off their bucket list or run back to their euro friends about their adventures in a negro's hair.

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
I think it's implying how people usually have an ignorant curiosity when it comes to wanting to touch a black person's hair...Kind of like they can check it off their bucket list or run back to their euro friends about their adventures in a negro's hair.

XD rofl @ adventures.

I've been around white people and have never felt in me to ask them if I could touch their hair; why do they want to touch black people's hair so much?

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.
Hello to you dear, how are you doing ?
Yummy0 wrote on 1poetsought's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on chuck's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.