Black Positive People : Black Stories From The Hood, If we Don't tell them, Who will?

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015

Happiness is intrinsic, it's an internal thing. When you build it into yourself, no external circumstances can take it away.-Leo Buscaglia

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015

Happiness is intrinsic, it's an internal thing. When you build it into yourself, no external circumstances can take it away.-Leo Buscaglia

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
Chess' First African American Grandmaster

Maurice Ashley Biography
Chess Player (1966–)

Maurice Ashley is the first African American to become an international grandmaster in chess.

Synopsis

Born in 1966, Maurice Ashley lived in Jamaica until he was 12. He then moved to the United States where he eventually discovered a passion for chess. Ashley earned the title of national master in 1986, and rose up the rankings to become the first African-American international grandmaster in 1999. In 2003, he was named "Grandmaster of the Year" by the U.S. Chess Federation. He has written about the game in such books as Chess for Success (2005).

Read more
http://www.biography.com/people/maurice-ashley-21306253

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
Millionaire Chess Open

International Grandmaster Maurice Ashley is excited to announce there will be a SECOND Millionaire Chess Open. Maurice invites you to join us in Las Vegas October 8-12, 2015 to play in a tournament that boasts a total of a million dollars in prizes. Visit
Millionaire Chess for more details.

For a look at how the first Millionaire Chess Open tournament went, see
here.

http://mauriceashley.com/millionaire-chess-open/

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.