Black People : Black, Rich & Famous In The White Man World

MysteryDoors

Mar 4, 2008
Nakyung and Wesley Snipes

From 1999 to 2004, the actor Wesley Snipes earned $38 million appearing in more than half a dozen movies, including two sequels to his popular vampire thriller “Blade.”

Seal and Heidi Klum

Seal (Sealhenry) Olusegun Olumide Adeola Samuel (born February 19, 1963 in Paddington, London) is a British soul singer and songwriter of Nigerian ancestry.

Elin Nordegren and Tiger Woods

Gabriel Aubrey and Halle Berry

Why do some Black Men & Black Women that become rich and famous are infatuated with the White Man World, and how can that way of life influence the rest of us?

asafo87

Feb 27, 2008
MysteryDoors said:
Why do some Black Men & Black Women that become rich and famous are infatuated with the White Man World, and how can that way of life influence the rest of us?
Greetings MysteryDoors,

I'm afraid I am having difficulty understanding the question...

What exactly do you mean by "infatuated with the White Man World"?

Thanks.

MysteryDoors

Mar 4, 2008
asafo87 said:
Greetings MysteryDoors,

I'm afraid I am having difficulty understanding the question...

What exactly do you mean by "infatuated with the White Man World"?

Thanks.
Admiration, Passion or Desire......:shades:

MysteryDoors

Mar 4, 2008
Here's an interesting video by Bobby Hemmit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXLTb5hqrg4
Kellina Craig-Henderson, professor of psychology at Howard University Black Men in Interracial Relationships:

Washington, D.C.: If this is such an issue then why is it so much more common to see a black woman dating a white guy (comedy or drama) on tv or in the movies than it is to see a black man dating a white woman? This societal question is what we really should be asking.

Kellina Craig-Henderson: One of the reasons is that the people who make most mainstream movies, sitcoms, etc. continue to be White men. They craft "reality" as depicted in their films from their perspective. The White man is usually the powerful and desirable person in the film. Women in general are still viewed sexually more often than not, and the few Black women who get to star in mainstream films are viewed like most women, as the "prize." The victor of the film always gets the prize. America is still not entirely comfortable with depictions of interracial sex, and particularly with Black men and White women. What's more Black men continue to be represented in these films in some way that is less than desirable (thieves, gangsters, etc.) All of these factors interact to answer your query.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2006/06/08/DI2006060800820.html

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Life is just a breath, but your works last forever.
@Destee
During this time, I wanna to wish everyone on this site the most blesseth and positive energy throughout
the rest of 2020 as we continue to persevere and raise awareness during this plandemic.
Continue to stay safe
and healthy. We're in the perfect time to self-care and boost our immune systems through at home remedies.
@Destee
I know this is my first status update since 2020 begin, but all of us agree that 2020 delivered a low-blow
to each of us with the miscellaneous events we have recently seen which brought all of us great displeasure.
Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.