Black People Politics : Black Problem Solvers - Supporters - Where are they? - Another open question....

blazejay

Apr 14, 2012
Even though we have a black president, why we have no great leader to represent us on the local level or state level?
Don't get me wrong we have good people in politics, but we need people that are great at solving problems and help build the community.
How can one join or start something to help the community when you are the only one who want to change a situation or solve an issue?
How can you can get people to support change when they bury their head in the sand or act as though they don't see a issue brewing?
Even though you want the best for the community, why people are so quick to say," it this and that" before they give it a chance?
I'm just wondering because a lot of people has advise me to start something, but won't help.

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Even though we have a black president, why we have no great leader to represent us on the local level or state level?
Don't get me wrong we have good people in politics, but we need people that are great at solving problems and help build the community.
How can one join or start something to help the community when you are the only one who want to change a situation or solve an issue?
How can you can get people to support change when they bury their head in the sand or act as though they don't see a issue brewing?
Even though you want the best for the community, why people are so quick to say," it this and that" before they give it a chance?
I'm just wondering because a lot of people has advise me to start something, but won't help.

Peace and Blessings Brother Blazejay,

Bless your heart, you've come to mind often lately. I do hope that you're doing okay, and encourage you to remain as positive as you can inside your own self ... in spite of the things that would have you discouraged, that are all outside of you and your immediate control.

I don't have all of the answers to your questions, but i've seen some of what you are speaking about.

It's really unfortunate how we do collectively sometimes ... "sticking our heads in the sand" ... "act like we don't see an issue, a cry for help" ... "can't get them to support in the most substantive of manners" ... "negatively judging every move you make" ... "won't help" ... i believe all of these things are about the same ... and a direct result of the conditioning we've come up under, this legacy of slavery ... and it's just very very difficult to break free from. Not only is it difficult to break free from, it's difficult to even see that we're doing it. In fact, your greatest critics and adversaries will come from the very people you seek to help and/or work with ... at least, this has been my experience.

The few that are able to see past it, and are moved to do things on a collective level, almost have to accept the fact that the chances are great that they'll be carrying the greatest of the burden alone. You just have to accept that, otherwise you'll be lamenting about it all the time. Not only lamenting, but it can paralyze. It's important if you do a thing, start a thing, that you do what is in your heart to do ... that brings you some pleasure on an individual level, even though it is for the collective ... because on many a day ... it will be all that sustains you.

If you can't accept that ... that you'll probably be carrying the greatest of the burden alone ... then don't do it ... because it will be the death of you, in one way or another.

I think that's why we don't see more efforts like you're looking for. Who wants to carry the greatest burden alone? There will be very few. In fact, i think that as a collective, we are doing ourselves a great injustice to continue "putting our heads in the sand" as it relates to this issue, because there is absolutely no incentive or encouragement for our youth to "work for us, our people collectively" ... almost insuring that the kinds of changes we need to see, may never be.

We have a lot of undoing to do for ourselves, and it's just not gonna be easy.

Again, if you have something in your heart to do, a burning desire to help your people ... you almost have to accept that you'll have to go it alone, for the most part ... brace yourself for a rough ride ... with the only joy in it, coming from your sincere desire to do your part, and that you are doing that ... no matter if no one else ever does. You have to resolve yourself to this, so when and if the disappointment manifests, you aren't knocked to your knees by the impact of its reality.

You remain encouraged ... i be thinking about you ... worrying about you even.

I wanted to do a video just about you, a topic you brought up some time ago, and it's still on my heart to do.

But in the meantime ... please please please ... take care of yourself, and remain as encouraged as you can.

Much Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

lilpea

STAFF
Sep 8, 2005
(G.I.)- Better known as Gary,In.
Occupation
retired

Greetings Brother blazejay...

The only advice I can give you is..if it's something that you feel deep down inside yourself..Keep on pushing..don't worry about others helping...My guess is that most want to see how inspired and determine you are before they get involved. And if they don't you'll still have the satisfaction of knowing you gave it your best. All truly great Brothers started out alone. But like a snowball they grew..some like a avalance....most one snowflake at a time...but they kelp on pushing. Take a read at my tag @ the bottom.

Lilpea...:1on1:

blazejay

Apr 14, 2012
Thank you all for the encouragement and support.
I hope that by giving myself time to think, and meditate I can come up with something than nothing.

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Thank you all for the encouragement and support.
I hope that by giving myself time to think, and meditate I can come up with something than nothing.

You're very welcome.

And please know ... even if what you come up with looks like nothing to you ... it is something.

So long as you come out of it still living ... it is something.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Black People : The Problem With Black Folks Is Black Folks Black People Open Forum 3
C Black People : The Problem With Black Afrikan People Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : The Problem With Certain Believing Black Afrikans Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : GThere Is A Greater Problem To Black Afrikan People Than Trump!!! Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : It's A Serious Problem Black Afrikan People Are To The Self Of Black Afrikan People!!! Black People Open Forum 0
IFE Black People : BROTHERS’ KEEPERS AT A COST: BLACK WOMEN ON THE PROBLEM WITH REPORTING ONE OF OUR OWN Black People Open Forum 111
Liberty Law Forum : Are There Any Solutions to the Gun Violence Problem In the Black Community? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 11
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Black Americans now see race relations as nation’s most important problem Black People Politics 3
shaka64 Black People : The Problem With Keke Palmer’s “Compassion” For Michael Brown And Other Black Victims of Modern Day Black People Open Forum 2
rapchild Black People : My Problem with Black People Black People Open Forum 11
Enki Black People Politics : Black man, how does it feel to be a problem, a victim of war? Black People Politics 28
MsInterpret Black Relationships : Black men are exempt and Sisters are the problem Black Relationships 268
N Black People : I Have a Problem With This Black Community Forum Black People Open Forum 2
Destee Black People : How Do We Solve The Black Unemployment / Economic Problem - Our Own Selves? Black People Open Forum 25
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Knowing The Black Life Experience Is The Solution To The Black Life Problem!!! Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Why Black People Want To Look At Ourselves As A Problem, And Can Not See The Need Of Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Knowing The Black Life Experience Is The Solution To The Black Life Problem!!! Chief Elder Osiris 0
H Black People : The Problem with Black Feminst Individuality Black People Open Forum 26
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The Problem With Black People Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Does God Have A Problem With Black People? Chief Elder Osiris 5
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : THE PROBLEM WITH BLACK PEOPLE, HAPPEN TO BE BLACK PEOPLE!! Chief Elder Osiris 2
jamesfrmphilly Black People : the white man is the problem, the black man is the solution Black People Open Forum 89
OldSoul Black People : What Ever Happened to Hazel Scott? One of the most Brilliant Beautiful Black Women Ever! Black People Open Forum 1
M Black Spirituality Religion : How did Black people even get to know or choose this? No Southern Presbyterian Church? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
Discerning Black People Politics : Kristen Welker made all Black women proud tonight Black People Politics 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Our Black Party Black People Politics 0
C Black People : There Is No Victory For Black Afrikan People Black People Open Forum 0
Don Fletcher Black Poetry : Black Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Short Stories : New book reveals Malcolm X secretly met the KKK to discuss setting up a ‘separate state’ for Black Americans Short Stories - Authors - Writing 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Ice Cube Helped Develop a New ‘Black Trump Platform’ and Fans Are Calling Him Out Over It Black People Politics 11
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Money Business Jobs : Killer Mike's majority Black and Latino owned online bank already has 'tens of thousands' on the waiting list Black Money Business Jobs 0
C Black People : The Mind Of Black Afrikan Americans Black People Open Forum 1
OldSoul Black People : BLACK PARADE- Beyonce by Jene Marie Black People Open Forum 0
HODEE Black People : JPMorgan Chase is making a $30 billion commitment to help address U.S. wealth in equality, in underserved Black and Latino Communities Black People Open Forum 0
HODEE Black People Politics : LACK OF SUPPORT FOR DEMOCRATS ( BLUE STATES ) IS BECAUSE REPUBLICANS DON'T WANT TO HELP THE BLACK ( DEMOCRATIC ) COMMUNITY Black People Politics 0
OldSoul Black People : What it means to be Black in Brazil Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : CONSCIOUSNESS RAISING ONLINE - Oct 4, 2020 - Say their names - Black Women Killed by Police Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Black Afrikans Must Learn Again Black People Open Forum 0
SwagII Black People Politics : The Black Experience is Still a Tragedy, Yet Some Blacks Support Our Oppressors! Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : 'Blatant disregard and disrespect of Black people': Virginia district apologizes for segregated schools - 53 years later Black Education / Schools 0
C Black People : A Disorganized Black Afrikan People Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Black Afrikan Sacrifice Black People Open Forum 0
Energy Black Spirituality Religion : Don't Forget, The BIBLE is the ULTIMATE Black History book Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Al D Black People : The black-owned coffee firm that became a bestseller Black People Open Forum 0
HODEE Black People Politics : JOE BIDEN’S AGENDA _ FOR THE BLACK COMMUNITY Black People Politics 4
C Black People : If Black Lives Matter Is So ProBlack Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : Black Leaders Discussion feat. Angela Davis, Kwame Ture & Fannie Lou Hamer (1973) Black People Open Forum 0
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : ?Did Black Women Author The Bible? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Pull Out of the Kentucky Derby? Pressure on a Black Owner Mounts Black Sports 1
C Black People : Are There Any Black Afrikans Interested In Freedom? Black People Open Forum 0