Black People : Black on Black Crime Widely Ignored, Says African American Activists

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Black on Black Crime Widely Ignored, Says African American Activists

“The outrage should be about us killing each other, about black-on-black crime,” especially in Chicago, rather than a single wrongful killing in Florida, he said.

“Would you think to have 41 people shot [in Chicago] between Friday morning and Monday morning would be much more newsworthy and deserve much more outrage?” he asked.

From Mar. 16 to Mar. 19, 41 people, mostly African-American, were shot in Chicago, Obama’s adopted hometown. Ten were killed, but there was little reaction outside Chicago, say several African-American leaders and commentators.

One of the victims was only 6 years old. She was killed in a drive-by shooting conducted by two members of the “Latin Kings” gang.

Click Here To Read Entire Article

:heart:

Destee

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
"black on black" is a abstract word game. Trayvon, Oscar Grant and those 41 people shot chicago are the same exact thing: black life is not valued in America. Their is no will to justice for black victims of crimes. Doesn't matter who you were shot by. But if you were killed by a black person and they catch him, they will throw the book at him. You can buy a gun and ammo at Walmart. Why aren't blacktivist marching against Gun Manufacturers?

MS234

Mar 1, 2010
"Why aren't blacktivist marching against Gun Manufacturers?
I've never seen a gun kill anybody. I've seen people with a gun kill someone. I think we should work on us first. Guns ain't going nowhere no time soon. I grow up around brothers killing brothers. Although it still happens in my hood, it's not as bad as back in the 1990s. Self hate has killed alot of brothers over the years all over this globe. I truly believe brothers killing each other should be the next target. If we don't care when we kill each other, how can we expect outsiders to care when they kill us.

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009
Black on Black Crime Widely Ignored, Says African American Activists

“The outrage should be about us killing each other, about black-on-black crime,” especially in Chicago, rather than a single wrongful killing in Florida, he said.

“Would you think to have 41 people shot [in Chicago] between Friday morning and Monday morning would be much more newsworthy and deserve much more outrage?” he asked.

From Mar. 16 to Mar. 19, 41 people, mostly African-American, were shot in Chicago, Obama’s adopted hometown. Ten were killed, but there was little reaction outside Chicago, say several African-American leaders and commentators.

One of the victims was only 6 years old. She was killed in a drive-by shooting conducted by two members of the “Latin Kings” gang.

Click Here To Read Entire Article

:heart:

Destee

I agree with the 'blackivist' in that we need to address black-on-black killing, but I wonder if this kind of talk now is used to drown out the wrongful killing of Trayvon by a racist. I saw some 'watered down' Black man yesterday on youtube say that he believes Zimmerman is innocent. All this wonderful 'investigation'... that's what I believe is going on right now. 'They' are trying to make an innocent young 17 year old teenager who is already dead guilty when he was just walking to his house after going to the store to get some candy, when he was approached by a racist white-latino who had a gun, and pulled it out.

If the blacktivist cared so much about black-on-black crime, 'he' should have spoke out and become public about it 'yesterday' but not today, not on the back of Trayvon and his parents. smh.

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
I've never seen a gun kill anybody. I've seen people with a gun kill someone. I think we should work on us first. Guns ain't going nowhere no time soon. I grow up around brothers killing brothers. Although it still happens in my hood, it's not as bad as back in the 1990s. Self hate has killed alot of brothers over the years all over this globe. I truly believe brothers killing each other should be the next target. If we don't care when we kill each other, how can we expect outsiders to care when they kill us.

Peace MS234,

1st thing: I agree with the spirit of what you said.. I hate see any of my people dead or locked up.

2nd thing: I wouldn't characterize it as "Brothers" are killing "brothers". I'd say our young men continue to die at the hands of the operators of the system of white racism and it's resulting poverty and depravity. That is the true instrument of their deaths. It is the system that keeps them in their impoverished physical, mental and psychological condition. The murder rate has to do with the Drug market. The drug market is government sponsored. Police protected. And that's not a conspiracy theory. The cycle of poverty, miseducation/undereducation and crime is well known and every aspect of that cycle is controlled outside of the black community. Poverty is a man made condition. And the mass of black folks have been held in poverty since being brought here in chains. The people killing each other are not brothers, they are killers. they are misguided. they are the victims of this racist system of oppression and exploitation. Take away the drugs.. take away the guns.. take away the dysfunctional education.. and replace those things with safety and community and a functional education that enables men and women to provide for themselves and you will have an entirely different reality. There is not some malfunction with black folks that makes them kill other black folks. I don't know any black men that just up and decide to kill other black men. That idea is a complete fallacy.

The murders have to do with the conditions.. and the capability. Curing the conditions is how you stop the murders. Eliminating the capability is how you stop the murders. And that's not excusing anyone for their behavior, it's removing the blinders and looking at the larger picture. We have to work on all fronts simultaneously. Outside of the European lust for the blood of indigenous people, murder is a crime that usually happens within the same community of people. Black folks are held through economic segregation in the same areas with other black people. If there is crime committed by black people, normally it will be against black people as well. I imagine that all of South Africa's crime is probably "black on black". And all of Bosnias is probably white on white.. but what does the racial buzzword have to do with the underlying reason for those crimes? We have to get past these purposely ambiguous buzzword terms and zero in on whats really real. The numbers related to crime within black communities speak to the effectiveness of the system of racism. Until we understand exactly what we are fighting against, all the actions we take will be impotent.

-Peace again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Black People : Black On Black Crime Is Pro-Racist Black People Open Forum 0
J Black Entertainment : Black True Crime Podcast Black Entertainment 0
OldSoul Black People : Black Teens Receive 11 Life Sentences in Crime Where No One Was Hurt Black People Open Forum 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : The Senate’s Three Black Members Introduce Bill to Finally Make Lynching a Federal Crime Black People Politics 0
Mister Aten Black Parenting : Prof. Griff- Why Denzell Washington said "Prison System Not to Blame for Crime in Black Communities" Black Parenting 0
Liberty Law Forum : Exposing the Myth of “Black on Black Crime Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Al D Black People : New Zealand's version of Black on Black Crime and Imprisonment Black People Open Forum 0
Kemetstry Law Forum : BLACK ON BLACK CRIME?????? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Liberty Law Forum : Spring Valley Is Everywhere: When Being A Black Girl Is Your Only Crime - Join Us Tuesday, Nov 3 Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 9
RAPTOR The Police : Crime Memphis Police Demote Black Cops If They Keep Complaining About Racism Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Kemetstry Black People : THE MYTH OF BLACK ON BLACK CRIME Black People Open Forum 24
Kadijah Black People : Is using the bathroom a crime.... when you're black... and have do #2? Black People Open Forum 7
Kemetstry Black People : SERMON ON BLACK ON BLACK CRIME Black People Open Forum 212
OldSoul OldSoul : Murdering the Black race is not a crime, because Black revolutionaries have not made it so OldSoul 1
$$RICH$$ Black People : Black on Black crime and killings continue Black People Open Forum 12
N Black People : So called "Black on Black crime" Black People Open Forum 10
Black-king Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : BLACK ON BLACK CRIME Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
S Black People : Real life super hero stops crime..(yes, he's black). Black People Open Forum 1
MsInterpret Black People : Should we ignore black on black crime? Black People Open Forum 15
R Black Poetry : FINAL CHAPTER BLACK ON BLACK CRIME Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
B Black People : The "black on black" crime race lie Black People Open Forum 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Chattel Slavery Was / Is A Crime Against Black People Chief Elder Osiris 1
R Black Poetry : BLACK ON BLACK CRIME #1 Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
Destee Black People : 25 Year Old Black Woman Hit By Car - Hate Crime Black People Open Forum 1
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : CHATTEL SLAVERY WAS NOT A CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY, BUT WAS A CRIME AGAINST BLACK PEOPL Chief Elder Osiris 3
G Black People : When It Come to black On Black crime, black disagreement there is no fear among us? Black People Open Forum 0
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : DEFAMATION AND SLANDER OF OUR BLACK GENIUS IS A CRIME AGAINST OUR AFRICANITY Omowale Jabali 3
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : THE TRANSATLANTIC SLAVE TRADE WAS A CRIME AGAINST BLACK PEOPLE!!! Chief Elder Osiris 0
G Black People : White supremacy and the truth about black youth crime in Britain Black People Open Forum 1
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Declaring War Against Crime In The Black Community ? Chief Elder Osiris 1
S Black Jokes Humor : Black on Black Crime Black Jokes Humor 4
sonnee01 Black People : Willam J. Bennett..Crime & Black Abortions Black People Open Forum 3
J Black People : Is rap music responsible for the crime, violence, and drugs in the black communities? Black People Open Forum 15
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : BLACK CRIME BLACK MIND Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 36
U Black Poetry : Black on Black Crime: the verdict Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
B Black People Politics : CRUSHING BLACK PEOPLE NOT CONNECTED TO SECRET SOCIETIES AND SYNDICATES...PART 2 Black People Politics 0
B Black People Politics : CRUSHING BLACK PEOPLE NOT CONNECTED TO SECRET SOCIETIES AND SYNDICATES Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Black Native American descendants fight for recognition African American History Culture 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Relationships : New Book Claims the Destruction of Black Relationships Is 'America's Unrecognized Civil Rights Issue' Black Relationships 0
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : BLACK OWNED HAIR CARE PRODUCT LINE IN NEIMAN MARCUS Black Money Business Jobs 0
Fine1952 Black People : The Black Tax - *Black Lives Still Don't Matter* Black People Open Forum 25
OldSoul Black People : CONSCIOUSNESS RAISING ONLINE - Nov 15, 2020 - Topic: Black People Dont Want No white God Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : The Destruction Of The Black Afrikan Woman Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : 'You are my wildest dream': Sydney Barber will be first Black woman to serve as US Naval Academy brigade commander Black People Doing Positive Things 0
I_AM_HER Steals and Deals : Black woman -owned Candle Shop in Houston, TX Shopping - Steals and Deals! 0
I_AM_HER Black Women : A black woman's experience and the failed U.S. healthcare system Black Women 0
Discerning Black People Politics : Take that, you Black and Latino defectors! Black People Politics 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Louisiana man sentenced to 25 years for burning Black churches Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
C Black People : Will The Black Divine Beings Ever Rise Again? Black People Open Forum 1
C Black People : The Problem With Black Afrikan People Black People Open Forum 0