Gun Ownership : Black Men Openly Carrying a Gun in a Holster Will End Racial Profiling in America

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Which States Allow Concealed Carry? This Map Shows Who Can Legally Carry a Gun and Where

Where in the U.S. can you legally carry a concealed firearm? The answer is, pretty much everywhere. In 2013, Illinois became the 50th state to make it legal to carry a concealed firearm in public.

The rules of concealed carry vary state-to-state, of course, and in some places, packing heat is much easier than in others.

Unrestricted states: In six statesAlaska, Arizona, Kansas, Maine, Vermont and Wyomingno permit at all is required to carry a concealed weapon in public, according to the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence, a gun-control advocacy group ...

http://news.yahoo.com/states-allow-concealed-carry-map-192536953.html

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

How Texas is preparing for upcoming open carry gun law

As of January 1, 2016, licensed Texans will no longer be forced to conceal their revolvers or semi-automatic handguns while out in public.

According to a new open carry law, which Texas Governor Greg Abbott signed at a gun range last June, licensed Texans can now openly carry their firearm (as long as it’s secured in a belt or shoulder holster) in all the same places where they could already carry a concealed weapon—which is pretty much anywhere except federal buildings, courthouses, polling places, amusement parks, worship centers, sporting events, jails, and businesses like bars where more than 51 percent of their earnings come from alcohol sales.

http://news.yahoo.com/soon--licensed-texans-will-be-able-to-carry-their-guns-in-the-open--203159145.html

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Yeah, and that "no other reason" includes being a Black Person gives reason.

Texas police say they'll take new open carry law in stride

... But, as the new law looms, some officers are backing off, saying they won't demand to see a license if they have no other reason to stop a gun carrier. Not doing so could avoid harassment lawsuits — even if would-be criminals could carry guns without fear of getting caught ...

http://news.yahoo.com/texas-police-theyll-open-carry-law-stride-160517283.html

FILE - In this Jan. 26, 2015, file photo, Jason Green wears a holster with bananas marked "Smith" and "Wesson" at a rally in support of open carry gun laws at the Capitol, in Austin, Texas. Despite its reputation as the trigger-happy heart of American gun culture, Texas is late to the open carry party, at least when it comes to handguns. On New Year’s Day, it’ll become the 45th state to legalize carrying a pistol in plain sight. (AP Photo/Eric Gay, File)

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

A new day on New Years.

Open Carry is the law of the land in Texas as of Jan. 1

As of Jan. 1, it’s a new world in Texas. Or a throwback to the past, depending on how you look at it.

For the first time in more than a century, licensed Texans will be free to walk the streets, or travel the state, openly wearing their holstered handguns ...

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article51757980.html

Open carry becomes the law of the land in Texas Jan. 1. nypost.com

Ashefumi

Dec 22, 2015
understand who you're dealing with: the ku klux klan, and other like-minded haters, grabbed a badge and a gun...when they could no longer legally (lynch) us. everyone openly carrying a gun just gives them more justification to single us out and pick us off, one by one. it's not the carrying of the gun that's the deterrent, it's the killing of those who kill us that's the deterrent. just like in old days, once they were shown that they could die as well--that we were willing to kill them--they took another tactic. UNTIL those doing the killing gets killed, the killing will continue. when they realize that, if they kill someone, it's going to come back on them, they will stop. right now, there are no repercussions to their actions. THEY'RE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THAT. when they start dying, they'll back off that coz, as much as they like to kill, they don't want to die.

NOW, i'm not advocating a killing. i don't want anyone to say, "baller told me to kill them." I'm just saying, as i see it, the killing won't stop 'til they start getting killed...and taste the consequences of their actions.

it's that simple.

Ashefumi

Dec 22, 2015
sounds like something Black Panther Huey Newton or MalcomX ['ballot or bullet'] would agree with. since we all have 2nd amendment rights, everyone can exercise them n well they should in this racist fascist 'police state'.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
sounds like something Black Panther Huey Newton or MalcomX ['ballot or bullet'] would agree with. since we all have 2nd amendment rights, everyone can exercise them n well they should in this racist fascist 'police state'.

Yes, we touch and agree, Ashefumi, thanks for posting this.

But more importantly, I've tried to help you learn to post replies, click the link below, hope this helps:

https://destee.com/threads/omo-obatala.76198/page-2#post-937666

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Gun-Toting Subway Customer Gets Into Open-Carry Dispute With Police [Updated]

Guns in restaurants continue to stir controversy.

Open-carry gun laws are stirring up a fresh debate about citizens' rights in Connecticut. A cell phone video uploaded to LiveLeak on January 12, captures a Subway customer carrying a holstered pistol and several Bridgeport, Conn. cops in a heated debate over the state's open-carry law ...

http://www.eater.com/2016/1/15/10775084/open-carry-law-customer-subway-connecticut-police-dispute

Joe Raedle/Getty Images

TheBlackBlur

Jan 24, 2016
Great thread.

If we can combine legally carrying and always making sure we move as a group and never leave one of our own vulnerable then we would do fine.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.