Black Poetry : BLACK MAN FAILING SAGA: The Last Installment.

baller

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 28, 2001
the near north
THANKS fam...

after reading the article, this SAGA kinda poured outta me. actually, it was twice as long but editing brought me here. glad you could 'preciate where a brutha be coming from.

Blak...YES, the numbers can be manipulated but what i hate is that we're so READY to put US down. yet, when you take an honest look at the REALITY of our society, even if someone was trying to make US look bad...we're doing a wonderful job at helping them out/making it easy for them.

i'm always here...you know.

One.

UbZoRbShUn

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 2, 2001
------------
Occupation
-----------
First of all I want to say

I enjoyed the series and thanks for brigin it. I've had a few days to marinate in this.

The man is the head of the household period point blank. He is accountable for his family. He is responsible for providing a safe environment, providing and nuturing his family. Setting the example. Showing his children it's ok to cry, to show affection. To show his sons and daughters to be leaders. He is the one that will have to answer to God when it's time to open the books. See I'm young but I'm from the ole school.

There is no way in the world that I can raise my two boys to be men. Yeah I could try but that wouldn't make it right you know. And if I did then I have failed my family as a wife and mother. By being my own woman I have eliminated what God has set forth. I ain't gone preach or nothing like that up in here.

So in some cases we both men and women have failed in one way or another, but if we are willing to look at self, stand and be open to what God has set forth a lot of this could be avoided. Don't get me wrong now I ain't saying I'm a goody goody or that I have the perfect relationship cause I still hit the roof when I go to the bathroom and the toilet seat is up...

I have learned to deal with things better so "we" hubby and I can set examples for the boys to see hey it's ok to not agree on everything, it's ok for daddy to rub mommas feet or it's ok for momma to hold daddy and kiss him...... dang man if I woulda know this like 2 yrs ago....

One

baller

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 28, 2001
the near north
it is not THE BLACK WOMAN i questioned in this series...

it is THE BLACK MAN. yes, there are many examples...such as you and yours. as well, there are many who don't know their place within the relationship. my PLEA is that we--BLACK MEN--step up...regardless to what others are doing.

THANKS FOR 'PRECIATING THE SAGA OF THE BLACK MAN FAILING.

UbZoRbShUn

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 2, 2001
------------
Occupation
-----------
oh I know that

baller. No dobut that everything lies on the brotha, but come on now how a brotha gone make it without a strong sista to back him. If he fails then in some way she too has failed too. I just see it as a two fold thing to a certain degree. I ain't saying she has to take a lot of craziness but back a brotha you know.

ME

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister! :kiss: :love: :kiss:
Destee wrote on beautifulblkw's profile.
Hi Sister!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: So good to see you! Thanks for coming home! YAAAAAY! :yaay: Much Love and Peace! :love:
Massey Ferguson Tractors and farm implements for Sale in Africa especially in Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria and many more. Our tractor company in Africa having huge stock of brand new tractors and farm implements for tractor dealers.
sekou kasimu wrote on ZIbijah's profile.
Have you read "The Iceman Inheritance: Prehistoric Origins of Western Man's Racism, Sexism, and Aggression"?
$1 Billion Black dollars in 30 days