Black Parenting : Black males, be men and be fathers to your children!

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009
I dove rather deeply in how to restore the traditional african family dealing with both men and women simultaneously. I even shared my thoughts and theories with the Destee family here:

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62158

The thread got 330 views and only 1 response. I'm not interested in a battle of the sexes, because the battle of the sexes has contributed to this situation. My question is to point out that it is a contradiction to call on all men to take care out their children....NO EXCUSES, while simultaneously pointing out that there are women who choose to have children without regard to the father.
i want to do 'A SHOUT OUT' for my father!

i so agree with this post. And furthermore, I did not see that thread you mentioned but, I just read it and it struck some chords with in my soul.

i love both of my parents and respect them very much but, i tell you, I know what you speak of on a personal basis.

When I and my siblings became adults, we actually went to my father and had to make amends because we were used as tools against him...

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
i want to do 'A SHOUT OUT' for my father!

i so agree with this post. And furthermore, I did not see that thread you mentioned but, I just read it and it struck some chords with in my soul.

i love both of my parents and respect them very much but, i tell you, I know what you speak of on a personal basis.

When I and my siblings became adults, we actually went to my father and had to make amends because we were used as tools against him...
I does my heart joy to know that you were touched by what I wrote. If you would like to read the rest you can click on the link I provided at the bottom of that thread.

KWABENA

STAFF
STAFF
Jun 10, 2004
Everywhere
Occupation
Leader-Student-Teacher
Not that I wanted to post it here, but this is one of my questions of the century which I still have yet to get an answer to:

Today in 2010, in the 21st century, What exactly is a REAL Black Man?

KWABENA

cherryblossom

Banned
Feb 28, 2009

... there is no gender without blame, shame , responsiblity and should be held accountible, especilly when it comes to our children.

So as your title reads: Black males , be men and be fathers to your children. Encourage black sisters to learn how to identfy Good black men and good fathers for their children before having unprotected sex.

The hope for change comes with knowing what we need in our partners and picking partners that can soulful meet those needs before children come in the picture.

That's not gender specific. All people of color need to value self, be self aware, know the difference between good love and just good sex. As good love last far longer then 15 minutes of pleasure.

Whoodie-Hoo!

You wuz on FIYA with this one, Sister! :toast:

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Yes, I have always stated and offered info, studies and facts to say, this is a self inflicted injury. Many of you bought into the feminist pig movement. A movement that has historically and repeatedly betrayed our people. You started it, you can only end it. Why arent more women stepping up?!!?

Women use to say no to the tawdry advances of Mookie. Why did they suddenly start saying yes?!!? Why are they insisting that Mookie qualifies as a man?!!? I submit, that many dont want to take on the mantle of womanhood! Mookie is an easier place to lower their expectations of themselves. Only women can solve that self inflicted wound.

Letting someone into you, in the most intimate and dangerous way possible, that you yourself dont fell worthy of, is folly. Mookie has never put a gun to a females head to get some. Mookie is never without a female on his arm. WHY?!!?

:geek:

:em0200:

Sisters that have grown up without a Father's love, presence, and support, are much more susceptible to the Mookies of the world.

Fathers that leave their Daughters, in effect, set them up to be victimized by Mookie.

I'll go one further, and say, Fathers that leave their Sons, in effect, set them up to be Mookies.

But i know you have an answer for this, as their Mother was there and could have taught them better ... so it's still the fault of women.

I know I know I know already ... no need to even say it ... the absence of the Father has nothing to do with his adult children's choices.

:heart:

Destee

Consciousness Raising Online!

Destee Conference 1-866-4-DESTEE

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss:
Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart: