Black Parenting : Black males, be men and be fathers to your children!

Black Squared

Feb 28, 2010
Of course Sisters show bias on occasion, as do Brothers, that was not my point ... who shows bias.

My point was ... Brothers do not publicly check each other regarding abandoning their children ... they coddle and protect each other ... and that's only if they speak on it at all, for most won't even speak on it ... even at the expense of our children, families, and community ... that was my point.

It had nothing to do with bias.

:heart:

Destee
It's difficult to confront a fully grown child about how he's not being responsible. Black men are quick to turn things into an altercation if you call them on something they doing wrong, even a close friend.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Okay ... there's no glaring failure of Black Fathers ... and whatever problems there are, only hi yella women can solve 'em.

I can't argue with any of that.

Though it does appear you are finally realizing that women are superior to men ... if it takes a woman to fix the problem.

That's a great admission on your part ... finally, after all these years ... you're taking steps (albeit little ones) in the right direction.

I'm proud of you! :grouphug:

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

Yes, I have always stated and offered info, studies and facts to say, this is a self inflicted injury. Many of you bought into the feminist pig movement. A movement that has historically and repeatedly betrayed our people. You started it, you can only end it. Why arent more women stepping up?!!?

Women use to say no to the tawdry advances of Mookie. Why did they suddenly start saying yes?!!? Why are they insisting that Mookie qualifies as a man?!!? I submit, that many dont want to take on the mantle of womanhood! Mookie is an easier place to lower their expectations of themselves. Only women can solve that self inflicted wound.

Letting someone into you, in the most intimate and dangerous way possible, that you yourself dont fell worthy of, is folly. Mookie has never put a gun to a females head to get some. Mookie is never without a female on his arm. WHY?!!?

:geek:

:em0200:

Last edited:

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
It's difficult to confront a fully grown child about how he's not being responsible. Black men are quick to turn things into an altercation if you call them on something they doing wrong, even a close friend.

Pregnancy pacts are not the fault of men.

Men arent mating with these females

Mookie is. Mookie has never been a man

That is the 1st thing we must deal with in this discussion or there is none

Last edited:

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Yes, they are quick to attempt to turn the tables. It's really sad because it keeps us from addressing real issues.

Oftentimes, men will immediately say ... "but she did this" ... as if that excuses their behavior.

I have a Son that does this too ... we were talking one time about contracting a sexually transmitted disease, HIV AIDS to be specific, and he said that he'd be want'n to do something to the woman if one ever gave him such.

I could not pound into his head, that he must first accept responsibility for diving off into that cat ... he wouldn't hear me.

Just going on and on about it being all her fault, should such a thing happen.

It's unfortunate that men do this ... not all of them, and not all the time ... but enough to hinder our forward movement.

I appreciate you Brother Black Squared ... for with you ... there is hope.

Thanks a Bunch!

Destee

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
Brother Pan ... haaaaaay ... :wave:

Brother Pan ... are you saying to even discuss, broach, the topic of the glaring failure of Black Fathers, means we're attempting to shame them into doing right ... and we should not do it?

First, i don't think Brother Black Squared is trying to shame them into doing the right thing. I don't think shaming them (even if one tried that), with a discussion about the great devastation they are causing to the Black Family, Black Children, and Black Community, will even move them. If their child growing up with all of the losses caused by their absence doesn't shame them to act, a discussion on a forum certainly won't do it. There are a multitude of great collective costs associated with Black Fathers not being present with their children, and absolutely none of that has shamed them into doing the right thing, but you think a discussion on a forum is going to do that?

If shaming them (as you call it) on a discussion forum, by talking about the reality of their actions, and how they impact the whole, would possibly move them to do better ... we should have done it years ago.

I think we all know that talking about the challenges our children, Families, and communities are currently experiencing must be done.

Yeah, it may be a bitter cup to drink from, but continuing to stick our heads in the sand ... never speaking on the atrocities we do to our own ... is negligent.

Brother Pan ... it's almost like you want to protect these Brothers from any shame, while they choose to do shameful things.

We have many threads here talking about Single Mothers, and i've never seen anyone come running to protect them from any possible shame associated with a discussion surrounding their bad behavior. While i've not counted, i bet there are a gazillion more threads talking about Black Mothers, than Black Fathers. There is a thread about 115 Young Black Ladies in a Chicago high school being pregnant. Now i've not read that thread, but i'd bet you a whole year of Premium Membership ... there is not one Brother in that thread, mentioning the fact that there are probably 115 Young Black Men that have also done the wrong thing. We can talk about Sisters bad behavior, but not Brothers? I hope i lose the bet, as it would show that progress is being made, Brothers willing to discuss and face their collective shortcomings ... but i doubt that's gonna happen.

I appreciate Brother Black Squared for starting this thread, broaching this topic, for it must be done. Not only must it be done, but it must be done by Black Men.

This will never change if Black Men who know better, and do better, continue to coddle and protect their peers ... never addressing the issue.

Brother Pan ... you ask, will shaming Brothers get them to do right?

And i ask ... what will get them to do right regarding the children they create?

The situation is so dire now, i'm willing to do anything that will work ... what will work ... anything ... i'll use it.

Always a pleasure to have you back in the house ... :love: ... Love You!

Destee
I dove rather deeply in how to restore the traditional african family dealing with both men and women simultaneously. I even shared my thoughts and theories with the Destee family here:

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62158

The thread got 330 views and only 1 response. I'm not interested in a battle of the sexes, because the battle of the sexes has contributed to this situation. My question is to point out that it is a contradiction to call on all men to take care out their children....NO EXCUSES, while simultaneously pointing out that there are women who choose to have children without regard to the father.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart: