Law Forum : Black Lives Matter (movement): NYC - Chokehold Death of Eric Garner

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:great: ... Reparations, one way or another (should have been settled in full though) :facepalm:

Black Texas Teenager Brutalized In 2015 Finally Gets Her Pool Party

David Moye

HuffPost

...Dajerria Becton and her guardian, Shashona Becton, sued him, the police department and the city of McKinney for $5 million. Last month the Bectons and other plaintiffs in the case were awarded a $184,850 settlement, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/black-texas-teenager-brutalized-2015-191306805.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_15

A video taken in June 2015 shows police officer Eric Casebolt taking down 15-year-old Dajerria Becton outside a pool party in McKinney, Texas. Last month, Becton, now 18, was awarded a $184,850 settlement for the episode

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
:great: ... Reparations, one way or another (should have been settled in full though) :facepalm:

Black Texas Teenager Brutalized In 2015 Finally Gets Her Pool Party

David Moye

HuffPost

...Dajerria Becton and her guardian, Shashona Becton, sued him, the police department and the city of McKinney for $5 million. Last month the Bectons and other plaintiffs in the case were awarded a $184,850 settlement, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/black-texas-teenager-brutalized-2015-191306805.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_15

A video taken in June 2015 shows police officer Eric Casebolt taking down 15-year-old Dajerria Becton outside a pool party in McKinney, Texas. Last month, Becton, now 18, was awarded a $184,850 settlement for the episode

How does the final settlement end up substantially less than what the plaintiff originally asked for? The jury didn't think that this 15 year old, a minor, was injured enough during the confrontation with the police officer and what she had to endure emotionally afterward? What about pain and suffering due to his abusive behavior? I think I saw the actual video of this and it looked to me like the cop was mentally unstable when you watched the way he got out of his car and approached the students. It was crazy.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
How does the final settlement end up substantially less than what the plaintiff originally asked for? The jury didn't think that this 15 year old, a minor, was injured enough during the confrontation with the police officer and what she had to endure emotionally afterward? What about pain and suffering due to his abusive behavior? I think I saw the actual video of this and it looked to me like the cop was mentally unstable when you watched the way he got out of his car and approached the students. It was crazy.

Yup, officer Casebolt literally got away with murder, so to speak. Here's a link to the initial post(p. 85)...
https://destee.com/threads/black-lives-matter-movement-nyc-chokehold-death-of-eric-garner.81784/page-85#post-954368

A further breakdown of the settlement:

The statement said all claims against then-Officer Eric Casebolt and the city of McKinney will be dismissed. Under the terms of the settlement, the plaintiffs and their attorneys will be paid $184,850 by the self-insurance risk pool for the city of McKinney, with $148,850 going to Dajerria Becton, the 15-year-old shown in the video.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article212150864.html#storylink=cpy

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
RET: EMS & TPD
Question: Is there a difference in your view in the way Parkland students are perceived and treated by the public and the government when they protest vs. Black Lives Matter protests?
Yes. It's a difference "IN FACT". Young White crime victims are always portrayed as humanities future at risk from sociopathic predators because no normal human would want to bring harm to the little darlings. Black youth are always portrayed as bringing harm to themselves by their "So-called" own proclivity for violence thus suffering the consequences for forceful law enforcement intervention to restore peace. The less then adequate financial restitution offered to Black victims of injury by overzealous law enforcement officers is an old game whereby the plaintiffs White attorney scares the aggrieved party to just take the money and run thus not risking an appeal by the defendant(s) and possibly losing it all on an overturned appeal. Works every time. BLM like many misdirected gullible grass roots Black defense organizations always falls for the so-call benevolent Liberal White supporters who insidiously create violence withing the lawful protest this forcing law enforcement agencies to declare them domestic terrorist and the media rolls with that and once DOJ rules them a threat to law enforcement personnel and the public at large, that's all she wrote. Sort of like a modern day version of COINTELPRO. Eventually we'll come to realize that we can't fight our enemy with the very same people who look like our enemy.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!
Destee wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :love: :yaay: :kiss: :yaay: :love:
Love is Gonna Last!!
Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
@One-Hundredd and @Clyde C Coger Jr ... everyone can add images and video to their own albums (as well as other categories) by clicking the MEDIA link at the top of the page too ... using this link ... https://destee.com/media/ ... just click ... ADD NEW ... to add new images / videos ... Loving Us! Thanks to both of you! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister - I owe you a phone call. Don't give up on me. I Love You! :heart: