Science and Technology : Black Internet Marketing Lesson #2: Ya Gotta Promote Your Website

Iceman Baldy

Nov 3, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
Occupation
Online/Internet Marketer, author of http://www.Ice
Unfortunately, having a great website does not guarantee that people will visit it. It needs to be promoted and to be able to do that, you must be aware of effective promotional strategies that actually work! The Internet isn’t just a medium to communicate with people known to you. It’s a great platform to reach out to the whole world. If you have a great website and you’re wondering why there are no visitors, its time for you take it upon yourself to make sure that it reaches out to all who matter.

Spreading the word around

A promotional activity should not be thought of as a decidedly expensive activity. All you need to do is to use creativity and thought more than dollars! Expenses can be controlled and you don’t need to have a fortune to get started. To start marketing online you don’t have to have a website. A simple looking email holds tremendous power if used judiciously. It is instant, extremely economical and very, very reliable. Then, once you have spread the word around about your product, you can graduate to actually having a website. Your mastery of using email coupled with a good website can surely make a double impact! You can then focus on improving backend operations and fulfilling what your website has been promising.

Get the ball rolling

The will and strategy to succeed is more important than the means you choose and use in terms of equipment. You can join some of the hundreds of groups and forums on the net (like the Black Internet Marketing Forum at http://www.BlackInternetMarketingForum.com), float some information and set grounds for brainstorming. You will gain attention and you will get feedback from other forum users as well. Aside from the joy your receive from socializing, sometimes you can build great credibility, visibility, and traffic just by answering patiently and accurately to questions asked by other forum members. The usefulness of your information will ensure that you are remembered and your effectiveness grows by word of mouth.

The more you are visible, the more people will remember you. This will gradually ensure that people start looking out for you to have a solution to their problems. Eventually, you will become a valued contributor and you will be well on your way to becoming very established online.

Understand the character of Internet marketing

The Internet is like a small village community where people know each other by their names. It’s much more comfortable and effective talking one to one rather than making a corporate entry. Netizens are more influenced by your personality and character and your ability to deliver. Your personal expertise holds more value as compared to the brand of your company.

Having a personal tone while communicating over the Internet helps to release its full potential. It’s better to directly communicate with your name or alias rather than the name of a company. Always remember that its YOU who is out to make a relation, and people will be impressed by your personality. They will want to pick up the conversation some other time with YOU and not your company. This personal approach helps cut costs as well. One to one conversing is often much more effective, has a higher impact, and costs less as well!

Welcome the the Fraternity of Internet Marketers–Best Wishes to you as you optimize your time and maximize your profits.

easysolutions

May 20, 2006
Cally
Occupation
student
gonna check it out

It's good that there is a blackmarketing site, everybdy I talk to
with a site, say marketing is frustrating and too much information overload. I ' m headed over to the sites you listed in your post.

PurpleMoons

Administrator
STAFF
Apr 22, 2003
Hello and Welcome Iceman Baldy!

Thank you for the great info! Your enthusiasm to promote your site is very intriguing as well.
However, please don't flood our forum with links to your site. We do provide an area specifically
for Web Site promotion.

Posting a personal link in threads/posts is a privilege we offer to Premium Members.
If you would like to become a Premium Member, and/or contribute to the on going efforts
of keeping our home alive, you can do so here

In the meantime, Welcome and make yourself at home!:heart:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Science and Technology : Black Internet Marketing Lesson #3: The Nine Gotta Gets to Get Money Online Science and Technology 0
I Science and Technology : Black Internet Marketing Lesson #1: What is an Internet Marketer Science and Technology 0
C Black People : A Wasteful Use Of The Internet By Black Folks Black People Open Forum 0
Destee 20th Birthday : Birthday Contest : Post a question about Black people and the answer is NOT on the Internet Destee's Thoughts 73
Liberty Black People : The 5 Best Black Forums On The Internet Black People Open Forum 48
Liberty Black Positive People : Beyond Black Twitter: Black Millennials’ Rule the Internet Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Destee Black People : You Never Really Know Who's Black or Who's White on the Internet Black People Open Forum 29
Ankhur Black People : Time for us to use Collective Black economics and buy up some Internet Black People Open Forum 5
T Black Money Business Jobs : BLACK FOLKS GUIDE TO MAKING BIG MONEY ON THE INTERNET Black Money Business Jobs 2
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : THE CONSCIOUS BLACK FOLKS ARE NOT ON THIS INTERNET. Chief Elder Osiris 9
R Destee Network : Internet Kafe - Inviting Black Singles To "Un-Wind" Destee Network : 3
T Nubonyx!!! Black-owned Internet Service Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 4
R Black Poetry : yeah black history is a whack mystery and my back still blistery from being whip lashed , ready to grip some cash and run to the underground railroad Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : JUDAS AND THE BLACK MESSIAH Black Entertainment 28
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : 'African Gene Theory' Is a Myth, and It's Harming Black Men's Heart Health Black Health and Wellness 0
Fine1952 Black Money Business Jobs : Black On The Bottom Policies - Tariq Rasheed Black Money Business Jobs 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Barack Obama opens up about the difficulty of 'being a functioning Black person in America' in surprise appearance Black People Politics 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Feeling politically powerless, black Christians find more comfort in black church: study Christian Study Group 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Black Women Aren't Saving America For You. They're Protecting Themselves Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Travel : For Black Americans, a Heritage Trip to West Africa Can Be Life-Changing Black Travel 0
Kemetstry African American History Culture : THE BLACK SPARROW African American History Culture 2
Fine1952 Black Money Business Jobs : Black Tax: The Cost of Being Black In America Black Money Business Jobs 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Black female scientist at forefront of COVID-19 vaccine development Black People Doing Positive Things 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Joy Reid nails the difference between white and Black people after Capitol riots Black People Politics 4
Destee Pets / Animals : Black the Rottweiler - playing with his toy Pets / Animals 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : America has an urgent need for Black doctors: 'It's hard to be what you can't imagine' Black Health and Wellness 0
One-Hundredd Black Entertainment : Jewels of Wisdom found in GTA 5's Black protagonist Franklin Clinton Black Entertainment 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Kwanzaa Is Not ‘Black Christmas’—Here’s What It Actually Is (And How We Celebrate) Black People Open Forum 2
Discerning Black People Politics : Black People: Know your REAL enemy Black People Politics 14
OldSoul Black People : "Elijah Muhammad was the greatest psychologist that Black people ever created, bar none" Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : "Elijah Muhammad was the greatest psychologist that Black people ever created, bar none" Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Parenting : The reality of Black men's love lives and marriages is very different than what's usually shown on TV – I spent years actually talking to them Black Parenting 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : A Black Student's Mother Complained About 'Fences.' He Was Expelled Black Education / Schools 0
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : BLACK OWNED ATH;ETIC BRANDS Black Money Business Jobs 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Black Native American descendants fight for recognition African American History Culture 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Relationships : New Book Claims the Destruction of Black Relationships Is 'America's Unrecognized Civil Rights Issue' Black Relationships 0
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : BLACK OWNED HAIR CARE PRODUCT LINE IN NEIMAN MARCUS Black Money Business Jobs 0
Fine1952 Black People : The Black Tax - *Black Lives Still Don't Matter* Black People Open Forum 25
OldSoul Black People : CONSCIOUSNESS RAISING ONLINE - Nov 15, 2020 - Topic: Black People Dont Want No white God Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : The Destruction Of The Black Afrikan Woman Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : 'You are my wildest dream': Sydney Barber will be first Black woman to serve as US Naval Academy brigade commander Black People Doing Positive Things 0
I_AM_HER Steals and Deals : Black woman -owned Candle Shop in Houston, TX Shopping - Steals and Deals! 0
I_AM_HER Black Women : A black woman's experience and the failed U.S. healthcare system Black Women 0
Discerning Black People Politics : Take that, you Black and Latino defectors! Black People Politics 8
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Louisiana man sentenced to 25 years for burning Black churches Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
C Black People : Will The Black Divine Beings Ever Rise Again? Black People Open Forum 1
C Black People : The Problem With Black Afrikan People Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Black Afrikans Has No Knowledge Of Need Black People Open Forum 0
Discerning Black People Politics : Older Black Voters are doing their part Black People Politics 0
C Black People : There Is A Difference In Black Afrikan American And Black Afrikans In America Black People Open Forum 0