Black People : Black Honor Student Shot 25 TIMES By St. Louis Police

MsInterpret

Apr 21, 2007
Washington
Black Honor Student Shot 25 Times By St. Louis Police

By Michael Arceneaux

For those who might wonder why a Black honor student would carry a gun, Carlos Ball eloquently explained the dual realities that exist for many Black men and women in this country while speaking with the local CBS affiliate in St. Louis, “The way St. Louis streets work, we’re afraid out here. We’re afraid of the police. We’re afraid of other youth who may want to pull a gun and fire on you. So, sometimes people have guns just to protect themselves, [but] not with the intentions to do a criminal act with it.”
Tragically, now Ball has a more personal anecdote to this rationale: His brother, 25-year-old Cary Ball Jr. (pictured far left), was shot and killed by police on April 24th near the Edward Jones Dome.
Despite Ball Jr. placing his gun on the ground, police shot him 25 times.
St. Louis Police Chief Sam Dotson says the three officers involved in the shooting are suspended pending an investigation:
“We’ve invited the family and the witnesses to provide statements to us,” Dotson said, “Some of them have. Some of them haven’t. I encourage anybody who has information, we’re certainly looking into the matter.”
Police report Ball had crashed his car after a high-speed chase, ran away on foot, and then pointed a gun at officers and ignored them when they ordered him to drop his weapon.
Dotson says they have found no surveillance video from the area that shows what happened. The officers were put on administrative leave pending further investigation.
Wednesday marked the second protest at police headquarters.
Organizer Zaki Baruti says:
“We are making every effort to, first, inform the public as well as mobilize the public to put an end to this kind of police violence. The police ought to be protecting and serving the community but we do have almost like vigilante kinds of officers on the force that need to be removed immediately.”
Of that shooting, Carlos Ball said, “They looked at the gun on the ground and fired. He never fired. They never fired, until the gun was nowhere near him.” Baruti noted, “There are several credible witnesses not knowing each other who observed what had taken place.”
There will be more demonstrations next week.
At the time of his death, Ball was reportedly a Human Services major at Forest Park Community College. The campus newspaper, The Scene, reported Ball said he had a 3.86 grade point average and in the past was honored as an “emerging scholar.” He did, however, spend five-and-a-half years in prison – three years for armed robbery when he was 17, and another two-and-a-half years for a probation violation involving a misdemeanor.”

READ MORE http://newsone.com/2511226/cary-ball-jr-st-louis/

RAPTOR

Sep 12, 2009
There is an organization that keep track of black people who get gunned down by law enforcement and or quasi-vigilantes. Unless someone knows the name of that organization, I'll have to find the organization and post them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Black People : Honor Student denied Black History Month speech... Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Black History Month: Republican's call to honor white people draws outrage African American History Culture 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Teachers Honor Black History Month With Stunningly Decorated Doors African American History Culture 25
OldSoul Black People : We Honor 12 Black firefighters - Say their names aloud Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Artist Reimagines Michelangelo's 'Creation' Painting To Honor Black Women Christian Study Group 0
Ankhur Black People : How about Boycotting Hate and Division in Honor of a Man that Stood for Black Love and Unity Black People Open Forum 8
G Black People : HIPHOP ARTIST PIONEERS CAMPAIGN TO HONOR BLACK WOMEN WE LUV BLACK WOMEN! Black People Open Forum 0
ASHANTA Black Poetry : HONOR DE' BLACK MOTHER Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
D African American Stories Online in Honor of Black History Month Honoring Black Ancestors 0
ASHANTA Black Poetry : Honor To My Brother Bobby Seale(Say It Loud Black Boy) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
A Black People : IN HONOR OF BLACK HISTORY MONTH… Black People Open Forum 3
R Black Poetry : yeah black history is a whack mystery and my back still blistery from being whip lashed , ready to grip some cash and run to the underground railroad Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : JUDAS AND THE BLACK MESSIAH Black Entertainment 25
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : 'African Gene Theory' Is a Myth, and It's Harming Black Men's Heart Health Black Health and Wellness 0
Fine1952 Black Money Business Jobs : Black On The Bottom Policies - Tariq Rasheed Black Money Business Jobs 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Barack Obama opens up about the difficulty of 'being a functioning Black person in America' in surprise appearance Black People Politics 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Feeling politically powerless, black Christians find more comfort in black church: study Christian Study Group 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Black Women Aren't Saving America For You. They're Protecting Themselves Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Travel : For Black Americans, a Heritage Trip to West Africa Can Be Life-Changing Black Travel 0
Kemetstry African American History Culture : THE BLACK SPARROW African American History Culture 2
Fine1952 Black Money Business Jobs : Black Tax: The Cost of Being Black In America Black Money Business Jobs 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Black female scientist at forefront of COVID-19 vaccine development Black People Doing Positive Things 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Joy Reid nails the difference between white and Black people after Capitol riots Black People Politics 4
Destee Pets / Animals : Black the Rottweiler - playing with his toy Pets / Animals 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : America has an urgent need for Black doctors: 'It's hard to be what you can't imagine' Black Health and Wellness 0
One-Hundredd Black Entertainment : Jewels of Wisdom found in GTA 5's Black protagonist Franklin Clinton Black Entertainment 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Kwanzaa Is Not ‘Black Christmas’—Here’s What It Actually Is (And How We Celebrate) Black People Open Forum 2
Discerning Black People Politics : Black People: Know your REAL enemy Black People Politics 14
OldSoul Black People : "Elijah Muhammad was the greatest psychologist that Black people ever created, bar none" Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : "Elijah Muhammad was the greatest psychologist that Black people ever created, bar none" Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Parenting : The reality of Black men's love lives and marriages is very different than what's usually shown on TV – I spent years actually talking to them Black Parenting 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : A Black Student's Mother Complained About 'Fences.' He Was Expelled Black Education / Schools 0
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : BLACK OWNED ATH;ETIC BRANDS Black Money Business Jobs 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Black Native American descendants fight for recognition African American History Culture 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Relationships : New Book Claims the Destruction of Black Relationships Is 'America's Unrecognized Civil Rights Issue' Black Relationships 0
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : BLACK OWNED HAIR CARE PRODUCT LINE IN NEIMAN MARCUS Black Money Business Jobs 0
Fine1952 Black People : The Black Tax - *Black Lives Still Don't Matter* Black People Open Forum 25
OldSoul Black People : CONSCIOUSNESS RAISING ONLINE - Nov 15, 2020 - Topic: Black People Dont Want No white God Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : The Destruction Of The Black Afrikan Woman Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : 'You are my wildest dream': Sydney Barber will be first Black woman to serve as US Naval Academy brigade commander Black People Doing Positive Things 0
I_AM_HER Steals and Deals : Black woman -owned Candle Shop in Houston, TX Shopping - Steals and Deals! 0
I_AM_HER Black Women : A black woman's experience and the failed U.S. healthcare system Black Women 0
Discerning Black People Politics : Take that, you Black and Latino defectors! Black People Politics 8
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Louisiana man sentenced to 25 years for burning Black churches Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
C Black People : Will The Black Divine Beings Ever Rise Again? Black People Open Forum 1
C Black People : The Problem With Black Afrikan People Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Black Afrikans Has No Knowledge Of Need Black People Open Forum 0
Discerning Black People Politics : Older Black Voters are doing their part Black People Politics 0
C Black People : There Is A Difference In Black Afrikan American And Black Afrikans In America Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : What Ever Happened to Hazel Scott? One of the most Brilliant Beautiful Black Women Ever! Black People Open Forum 1