Black Positive People : black Farmers

MsVeraisblessed

Jan 30, 2012
This is a good idea.Where i live, people grown their own food gardening in thier own backyards. Its very healthy that way. we have been growing our own veggies for a while.. we will be up and replanting when the season gets a little better.. I'm having my soil tested. I want my greens, tomatoes, and peppers back.. Good thread...

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Thanks for posting!

Here's some information I had found a while back about a new means of farming in the city, I think it's very innovative and can be very useful and feasible for many of us who live in urban areas
http://www.cityfarmer.info/2011/08/17/atlanta-grows-lettuce-in-freight-containers-as-urban-farms-bloom/

I'd really encourage researching more into this type of farming as well, it's very relative in terms of where the future is going and the containers of course would be cheaper and are of course stack-able for saving space :)

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Thanks, good information; lettuce is getting very expensive:

Atlanta Grows Lettuce in Freight Containers as Urban Farms Bloom

http://www.cityfarmer.info/2011/08/17/atlanta-grows-lettuce-in-freight-containers-as-urban-farms-bloom/

Peace In,

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.