Black Positive People : black-doctors-smack-Delta-airlines...

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
This is a media inflamed non-story, if Dr. Tamika Cross seeks financial redress it's not going to happen. Delta Corporate already authorized the flight attendant through the jet's ARINC Data Network to offer her added FFM's as compensation for her embarrassment, she refused & lodged a formal complaint, not only against the flight attendant but Delta Corporate too so now all bets are off. As far as identification most doctors I know have "some" form of identification, practicing hospital or medical group ID card, business card, prescription pad or BNDD card. She had nothing so it's up to the discretion of the senior flight attendant or even the pilot to allow a passenger who claims medical experience without proper ID to touch another passenger in distress. Plus maybe the patients wife could have been racist like the racist father who wouldn't let a Black nurse Tonya Battle touch his precious little future Klan member in the Hurley Medical Center nursery. Tonya Battle was clearly a victim of racial discrimination, humiliation & implied racial threats because she was prevented from performing her job under duress. That's the difference.
how do you know all these details ?

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Good job mon ami, research is everything and :google:

baller

Jan 28, 2001
the near north
This is a media inflamed non-story
Are you saying that you're okay with the sister being dismissed the way she was?
Are you saying that, as a sick/possibly dying airline passenger, you would be okay with them denying you the assistance of a doctor because she's not white?
Are you saying that, as a doctor, you would be okay with that treatment?
Also, from what I gathered, they didn't ask about physician id until much later in this scenario...and never asked the white male doctor at all. I've been on flights when medical assistance was needed...and never did they twenty question a doctor; they were more interested in getting assistance to the passenger in need. the formalities are taken care of after the emergency is dealt with.

How is that a non-story?

Chidike

Feb 21, 2016
This is a media inflamed non-story, if Dr. Tamika Cross seeks financial redress it's not going to happen. Delta Corporate already authorized the flight attendant through the jet's ARINC Data Network to offer her added FFM's as compensation for her embarrassment, she refused & lodged a formal complaint, not only against the flight attendant but Delta Corporate too so now all bets are off. As far as identification most doctors I know have "some" form of identification, practicing hospital or medical group ID card, business card, prescription pad or BNDD card. She had nothing so it's up to the discretion of the senior flight attendant or even the pilot to allow a passenger who claims medical experience without proper ID to touch another passenger in distress. Plus maybe the patients wife could have been racist like the racist father who wouldn't let Black pediatric nurse Tonya Battle touch his precious little future Klan member in the Hurley Medical Center nursery. Tonya Battle was clearly a victim of racial discrimination, humiliation & implied racial threats because she was prevented from performing her job under duress. That's the difference.
This is nonsense..........This is clearly a case of racial discrimination and also prejudice wrapped up in one. The fact they allowed the white male "doctor" or "physician" to proceed with medical assistance shows that in their minds he "looked" the part and his "word" is somehow "golden" over hers......The man almost died due to someone's engrained racial prejudice........also to note, the attendant apologized after figuring out she was in the wrong, so clearly she knew she had messed up. The young sister will be paid and should be paid. Delta airlines should also be boycotted.

A lot of you new age millenial bougies who side with your massa and their nonsense will get the same wake up calls and exposures as them. In the age of social media, **** like this doesn't get swept under the rug, unless this was in 1970....no one would've known about this experience and racial discrimination..........

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
I'm not saying anything, not in my original post or now, I just stated the facts of the incident as I know them to be, James asked for my sources & I provided them so if you wish to dispel the documented facts all the links are on my second post. I don't know how your airlines in Canada handle IFE's but all the FAA mandated commercial & commuter carriers in the United States have IFE protocols in place to protect us United States citizens. By her own admission she originally stated that she had no identification proving that she had any medical training whatsover not to mention the fact that she was a physician, she never not once mentioned race was a factor, well not until she decided to drag other physicians of color into this to make some kind of point.

I've initiated a number of post in the scientific forum advising people how to exploit various websites where one can become truly informed about breaking news events in real time or archived (In fact) through various avenues, off the air scanner monitoring, live streaming, IPN alerts, FOI request & professional & hobby level service networks.
i may not agree with what you say but i have full respect for your research.:bowdown:

baller

Jan 28, 2001
the near north
misinformed "foreigners"
Wow! Would that be me?
Yes, you've posted links to inflight guidelines and federal regulations; we're all familiar with the. Is that your way of justifying the flight attendant's behavior? Dr. Cross did not disobey any direction she was given; she did not interfere with any inflight operations. She did not do anything that any normal person would consider questionable. Nor was she confronted by the distressed man's wife.
- First, she was responding to cries for help...from the wife of the distressed man. She wasn't just volunteering unsolicited assistance.
- Second, she was responding to the flight crew's query for a physician on board. When the one attendant told her "...oh no sweetie put ur hand down, we are looking for actual physicians or nurses or some type of medical personnel, we don't have time to talk to you."
- Third, they asked any physician on board to press their button. When she went to press her button, I think the attendant realized her mistake; "Oh wow you're an actual physician?" Now, to cover her six, she wanted to question her credentials, etc.
- Fourth, when the white male stepped forward, claiming to be a doctor, he was accepted without question...without showing credentials, without the third degree.

Maybe you feel that that's acceptable behavior, I don't know. I'll just accept that this misinformed Mississippian might not know what he's talking about. After all..........

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
This is a media inflamed non-story, if Dr. Tamika Cross seeks financial redress it's not going to happen. Delta Corporate already authorized the flight attendant through the jet's ARINC Data Network to offer her added FFM's as compensation for her embarrassment, she refused & lodged a formal complaint, not only against the flight attendant but Delta Corporate too so now all bets are off. As far as identification most doctors I know have "some" form of identification, practicing hospital or medical group ID card, business card, prescription pad or BNDD card. She had nothing so it's up to the discretion of the senior flight attendant or even the pilot to allow a passenger who claims medical experience without proper ID to touch another passenger in distress. Plus maybe the patients wife could have been racist like the racist father who wouldn't let Black pediatric nurse Tonya Battle touch his precious little future Klan member in the Hurley Medical Center nursery. Tonya Battle was clearly a victim of racial discrimination, humiliation & implied racial threats because she was prevented from performing her job under duress. That's the difference.

The white doctor didn't present credentials either. He was believed because of his age and race. Other black doctors have had similar incidents. Thus the reason they are posting their pic.s

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Kem you are the first person that "actually" pointed that out, I presumed her collage was just Black doctors backing her play, I was kinda distracted trying to figure out how some others here could actually quote her word for word when they weren't even on the plane, even I couldn't do that but I did hear the entire archived air to ground voice transmissions & Acars data readouts concerning this incident. I also listened to the live streamed UHF Medcom channel assigned to the paramedics who eventually examined the stricken passenger at the airport & determined that he never passed out much less was completely unconscious but suffered a panic attack & the other doctor "who did produce his business card" with his easily verifiable BNDD number on it had the patient breathe
into a readily available emesis bag (Available behind every airline seat) to raise his CO2 level which subsequently calmed him down without hysterics, end of story.
View attachment 7214

I doubt if they actually checked his license number. lol

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍