Black Education / Schools : Black Children Kicked Out Of Preschool And Into Prison Pipeline

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Racism,

Black Children Kicked Out Of Preschool And Into Prison Pipeline

There is a big problem in our educational system, and it is persistent

Teacher Bias and Low Expectations Are Part of the Problem

“Teacher bias” bears responsibility in this dynamic, according to the white paper. “An African American student who exhibits disruptive behavior, even if it is the same behavior exhibited by the White peers, might be perceived as more disruptive because of teacher bias” (2015) ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...l-and-into-prison_us_57617b1de4b057ac661b39d2

57618d171500001d0073ab2c.jpeg

CREDIT: STOCK PHOTO
“Black students in kindergarten through 12th grade are suspended and expelled at a rate three times greater than white students,” according to the U.S. Department of Education Office of Civil Rights

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Issue Brief No. 2 (March 2014) For other data snapshots in the series, visit the CRDC at: http://ocrdata.ed.gov

INSIDE THIS SNAPSHOT: Early Childhood Education Highlights

• Suspension of preschool children (new for 2011–12 collection): Black children make up 18% of preschool enrollment, but 48% of preschool children suspended more than once. Boys receive more than three out of four out-of-school preschool suspensions.

https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/docs/crdc-early-learning-snapshot.pdf

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Push back...more Black parents need to have a presence in their children's schools and know their rights. I already know some will blame this problem on the younger generation of single parents who were never taught or learned "good" parenting skills so our children and grandchildren are at risk in a system that stereotypes them, tracks them to fail and throws them away where they will likely become another negative statistic in society.

In spite of racial oppression, healthy parenting skills can be taught and learned. For Black families that would need to include teaching and nurturing healthy self-esteem, confidence and courage to stand up for what they believe is best for them against a system determined to destroy, abuse or use them for greed and personal gain of others.

Parents must have these same characteristics in order to pass them on to future generations. our children need to know parents can be trusted and depended on to protect them, love them and even correct them.

I don't mean for this to sound philosophical, but practical. We need better and more practitioners of healthy parenting that includes activism for changing systems that assault Black people.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Well said, NNQUEEN, well put indeed.

Push back...more Black parents need to have a presence in their children's schools and know their rights. I already know some will blame this problem on the younger generation of single parents who were never taught or learned "good" parenting skills so our children and grandchildren are at risk in a system that stereotypes them, tracks them to fail and throws them away where they will likely become another negative statistic in society.

In spite of racial oppression, healthy parenting skills can be taught and learned. For Black families that would need to include teaching and nurturing healthy self-esteem, confidence and courage to stand up for what they believe is best for them against a system determined to destroy, abuse or use them for greed and personal gain of others.

Parents must have these same characteristics in order to pass them on to future generations. our children need to know parents can be trusted and depended on to protect them, love them and even correct them.

I don't mean for this to sound philosophical, but practical. We need better and more practitioners of healthy parenting that includes activism for changing systems that assault Black people.

IFE

Jan 20, 2015

The student is not the problem. It's the teachers, the principal, the vice principal, and then parent. Their focus is on those students labelled trouble makers.
With zero tolerance several students were/are being suspended.
I went to meet with the vice principal one day and my sons file was in his desk drawer. I asked why is my sons file in your drawer instead of the file cabinet.
He told the truth and said "this is where I keep the trouble makers". If my son was a trouble maker why wasn't anyone telling me.
Liers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : BLACK OWNED BRANDS FOR BABIES AND CHILDREN Black Money Business Jobs 0
C Black People : Becoming Serious About The Black Children Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : What’s Lost When Black Children Are Socialized Into a White World Black Education / Schools 10
OldSoul Black People : Mãe Preta (Black Mother): Brazil Exhibition recovers history of black women who breastfed the white children during slavery Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : White man killed a black father in front of his children over parking charged with manslaughter Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 8
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : DEPRESSION IN BLACK CHILDREN RISES Black Health and Wellness 0
Black Phoenix Black Entertainment : Black Media Company Releases First Animated Series That Teaches Children Authentic African American Black Entertainment 0
Liberty Black Parenting : 1st Ever Monthly Subscription Box Curated to Teach Children About Black History & African Geogra Black Parenting 0
Liberty Black Relationships : So…Who’s Fault is It? 92% of Biracial Children Born to Black Fathers Out of Wedlock; 82% on Welfare. Black Relationships 36
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Over 100 Black Men Dressed In Suits Greet Inner-City Children on Their First Day of School Black People Doing Positive Things 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : Can black English help black children learn better? One educator believes so Black Education / Schools 118
SuperCerebralgal Black Education / Schools : Why more black parents are homeschooling their children Black Education / Schools 5
CosmicMessenger Black Spirituality Religion : Black Children Of God In The Devil's World Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
John Williams Black Women : Do some Black women have children with men knowing that the man is irresponsible...? Black Women 17
shaka64 Black Education / Schools : Handbook for Raising Black Children: Llaila Afrika Black Education / Schools 0
MahoganyUnique Black Education / Schools : Does sending black children to a catholic school have any affect on them Black Education / Schools 17
dunwiddat Black People : Black Books For Children Black People Open Forum 0
Kemetstry Black People : Feds: Authorities in Meridian, Miss. Violated Rights of Black Children Black People Open Forum 6
Destee Black People Politics : Voluntary Abandonment of Black Children Black People Politics 22
Kyooms Black Parenting : Positive Characters for Black Children Black Parenting 105
MsInterpret Black Parenting : Black Children being auctioned off in mock slave auction Black Parenting 2
Ankhur Black People : Black Muslim sister denied foster child for refusing to serve swine to children Black People Open Forum 7
B Black Parenting : Black males, be men and be fathers to your children! Black Parenting 79
Ankhur Black Spirituality Religion : After one year what Black group has saved the so called witch children? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 25
S Black People : Black Brazilian mother gave birth to three white children Black People Open Forum 21
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : WHAT DO BLACK PEOPLE CONSIDER TO BE SUFFICIENT, IN ORDER TO PROTECT OUR CHILDREN ? Chief Elder Osiris 5
G Black People : Error in Ark. law allows kids to marry. Why use Black children pictures? Black People Open Forum 0
D Black Parenting : Black children with autism diagnosed later Black Parenting 2
T Black People : Why is it that Black People Do Not Love Their Children? Black People Open Forum 101
D Black Women : A BLACK WOMAN GIVES HOPE TO A DYING WORLD: In the Thriller 'Children of Men' Black Women 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Black Children At War With Themselves As The Black World Stand by As Their Observers Chief Elder Osiris 1
D Black children more likely to be taken from home Black Parenting 1
Afroerotik Raising Emotionally Healthy Black Children Black Parenting 3
kemetkind Which Schools Are Educating Black Children Well? Black Parenting 63
C How the MEDIA effects black children Black Parenting 2
S Spanking Black Children.....Corporal Punishment.. Black Parenting 25
H Book Suggestions For Black Children Black Parenting 3
Destee Beware of White Teachers and Black Children! Black Parenting 20
P Black People : Mothers abandoning their children: An increasing trend in the black community! Black People Open Forum 29
P Pan Africanism : Hundreds of black children 'vanishing' in London! African American History Culture 22
Sekhemu Black Relationships : Are black women planning to have children without being married Black Relationships 82
P Black Men & Their Children Black Parenting 32
R Black Poetry : yeah black history is a whack mystery and my back still blistery from being whip lashed , ready to grip some cash and run to the underground railroad Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : JUDAS AND THE BLACK MESSIAH Black Entertainment 28
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : 'African Gene Theory' Is a Myth, and It's Harming Black Men's Heart Health Black Health and Wellness 0
Fine1952 Black Money Business Jobs : Black On The Bottom Policies - Tariq Rasheed Black Money Business Jobs 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Barack Obama opens up about the difficulty of 'being a functioning Black person in America' in surprise appearance Black People Politics 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Feeling politically powerless, black Christians find more comfort in black church: study Christian Study Group 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Black Women Aren't Saving America For You. They're Protecting Themselves Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Travel : For Black Americans, a Heritage Trip to West Africa Can Be Life-Changing Black Travel 0